Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Big fan of Superbock myself but have a technical question. How many cans in a rake ?

Id say 25-30 i'd sunk. Goes down easy tbh.

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Is it still good value though - VAT is already applied in another EU country so question what is the difference in Duty. Not as straight forward as ex-EU where no duty is paid or offset.

Pity they only have 330 ml in Corona though. And pricey at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Thanks for all the info here lads.

Can someone tell me what's the alcohol % in the super bock please? And also, taste wise.... I'm usually a grolsch or Stella drinker, similar in taste ?

I'll give the Cullen's cider a try too, gonna do a small BBQ.

Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to ask, is the super bock only in Lidl at various times, or is it always in stock?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

It really is lovely.
    I had 6 last night and I had a fair pain in my head in the morning. I could notice the bit extra alcohol content from the hangover. But I was ok an hour after taking a panadol.

**** me, I love Portugal, it’s my favourite country in all of. Europe but Superbock, Sagres etc is horrific At €7 for a 6 pack we are being extorted.

**** me, I love Portugal, it’s my favourite country in all of. Europe but Superbock, Sagres etc is horrific At €7 for a 6 pack we are being extorted.

Euro 3.90 Portugal for 6. Also they have 330ml cans in Portugal for around 75c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a 30c a bottle beer. All those spanish and Portuguese beers taste the same. I lived in malaga for a couple months I had cruzcampo coming out my ears. Its so hot there you don't care how it tastes as long as its cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

rob316 wrote: »
    Its a 30c a bottle beer. All those spanish and Portuguese beers taste the same. I lived in malaga for a couple months I had cruzcampo coming out my ears. Its so hot there you don't care how it tastes as long as its cold.

30c? When did you live there? The 1950s?

I find Portuguese beers far superior to the Spanish, with Cruzcampo being the one I avoid if possible and tend to go for Mahou. That's just me though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Thumbs up here for moretti too . Drank it in Rome last year on holiday and been one of my go to beers since .
    Fantastic beer , great refreshing taste off it and decent value on it in Tesco now also .
    Wouldn’t go near peroni now , moretti beats it by a mile in my opinion .

Lads, not sure about this. So tested quite a few of both last week. I still think a really chilled bottle of peroni is king. I found moretti a bit tangy at the same temp. Didn't stop me doing three of each just to make sure :pac:

Savage deal either way as I've been caught for €3.50 a bottle else where.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

If you've got any better ideas to replicate the Portuguese experience, I'd love to hear it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

This is turning into a superbocks appreciation thread. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Brozy wrote: »
    30c? When did you live there? The 1950s?

I find Portuguese beers far superior to the Spanish, with Cruzcampo being the one I avoid if possible and tend to go for Mahou. That's just me though

It was 9.90 for 24 x 33cl cans. So about 40c each

If you've got any better ideas to replicate the Portuguese experience, I'd love to hear it. :pac:

You could do worse than Portuguese wine. The general rule of thumb is drink beer from a beer country and wine from a wine country.
    The general Portuguese experience doesn’t involve **** beer.

Euro 3.90 Portugal for 6. Also they have 330ml cans in Portugal for around 75c.

The resort I stayed in last year had 33cl cans for 70c and that was an expensive place.
    Some of the bars in the village I stayed in had 50cl draft for 90c or bottles of Cristal for 70c.
    The Superbock stout is ok, better than Murphy’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

rob316 wrote: »
    It was 9.90 for 24 x 33cl cans. So about 40c each

Right yeah that makes sense, thought you were on about bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Moretti, Superbock it's all crap lads, there is a reason why you have a headache after 6.
    German or Czech lager can't be beat, they invented and don't but any crap in their beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Any deals on slabs on Guinness at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Can someone please recommend me a nice Czech beer? Usually go German or Polish and I want to branch out :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Been converted to Lomza export and Lomza unfiltered

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

mutley18 wrote: »
    Can someone please recommend me a nice Czech beer? Usually go German or Polish and I want to branch out :D

Staropramen, Budejovicky Budvar and Pilsner Urquell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

ANXIOUS wrote: »

Guiness slabs in my local Lidl 25e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ch20 wrote: »

Three solid beers there. Used to drink all three quite a bit before I got into craft beers. Must pick up a few bottles again soon.

This would be them in order of preference for myself.

1. Pilsner Urquell
    2. Staropramen
    3. Budvar

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

ch20 wrote: »

Staropramen is a lovely beer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

steves2 wrote: »
    Staropramen is a lovely beer :)

Dunno, I bough them big bottles of it in dunnes one day and I didn’t like it. It seemed a bit sour or something. Not smooth and fresh lager like Heineken, grolsch and super bokk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

mutley18 wrote: »

+1 on Pilsner Urquell. Big fan of that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

sasta le wrote: »
    Been converted to Lomza export and Lomza unfiltered

They do a non-pasteurised beer too. Really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

They do a non-pasteurised beer too. Really good.

And a honey beer which is...an acquired taste to say the least :D I haven't seen that anywhere in ages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Just as a caveat, that website quotes the EU rules on this, referencing that products must be for personal use and be transported by the person themselves. It also claims that the latter condition is met by using (hiring) them to transport those goods.

This is contradictory and simply not true - the transporting of goods by the person themselves is ultimately taken to mean that the person themselves must accompany the goods; using or hiring someone to do this means this condition is not met and the goods are not moving in accordance with legislation.

This may mean that goods could be seized or detained for payment of additional duty (if detected when entering the country)

Re: myBooze.eu

Just got my 48 cans with no extra tax or problems with being seized etc...

Not saying it’d be the same for all but that two of us who haven’t had an issue now.

Looking forward to the weekend now for a beer. Will report back on the Egerer Weizen and Schwartz that I went for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,318 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

fin12 wrote: »

Only if its the Perlenbacher brewed in Germany.

Thats the previous consensus on this thread...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement