Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Cases of 8 500ml Coors for €10 in Tesco this evening, 24 for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

Stumbled across some decent deals on Nuts About Wine:

Founders Centennial - €1.50
    Foxes Rock - €1.25
    Moretti - €1.25

Delivery wasn't the cheapest at €9, but thought the selection at those prices was worth it.

https://nutsaboutwine.ie/shop/special-offers/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Edser wrote: »
    Cases of 8 500ml Coors for €10 in Tesco this evening, 24 for €30

All of the 8 packs of cans online have been showing as "Sorry, this product is currently not available" for days in Tesco.. Coors being one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

jodibobs wrote: »
    Guiness slabs in my local Lidl 25e

€32 unfortunately when I went in tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    €32 unfortunately when I went in tonight.

The rumours of cheap Guinness slabs in Lidl continue

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Only if its the Perlenbacher brewed in Germany.

Thats the previous consensus on this thread...

Why?And how you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

sasta le wrote: »
    Why?And how you know?

I think when the Perlenbacher has 8 bottles in the pack as part of XXL promo, it's from Germany and will say so on the pack - and it is a lovely pilsner.
    If 6 bottles, it's from France, and is ok but nothing special.
    (at least, that was the thread consensus last time round)

If you search this thread, you'll see much interest in the XXL version and it usually flies off the shelves :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I think when the Perlenbacher has 8 bottles in the pack as part of XXL promo, it's from Germany and will say so on the pack - and it is a lovely pilsner.
    If 6 bottles, it's from France, and is ok but nothing special.
    (at least, that was the thread consensus last time round)

If you search this thread, you'll see much interest in the XXL version and it usually flies off the shelves :)

I can't say I've noticed much of a difference, but then you wouldn't when they are very cold, and that's the only way to drink a pilsner IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

fin12 wrote: »

I find it rough enough tbh. Some on here like it though. Buy a case an try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone see modelos in their local aldi?

Noticed on hukd, that aldi UK stocking it at a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Some deals from o briens

Carling - 1 euro a can
    Dutch gold -1 euro a can
    Stella - 4 for a fiver
    San Miguel -4 for 6 euro
    Becks - 8 for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

fin12 wrote: »

A lot of people like it but i never got on with the stuff . Has an aftertaste that is unpleasant . The bottles seem to be slightly better

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

ch20 wrote: »
    Staropramen, Budejovicky Budvar and Pilsner Urquell.

Staropramen in Dunnes is brewed by Molson Coors in the UK. Can you get the stuff brewed in Prague in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

BPKS wrote: »
    Staropramen in Dunnes is brewed by Molson Coors in the UK. Can you get the stuff brewed in Prague in Ireland?

And it tastes like sour pi$s.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

Only if its the Perlenbacher brewed in Germany.

Thats the previous consensus on this thread...

I must have got the stuff not brewed in Germany when I got it a few months ago! I wouldn't usually be too fussy on my beers but could barely finish 2 bottles of it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dunno, I bough them big bottles of it in dunnes one day and I didn’t like it. It seemed a bit sour or something. Not smooth and fresh lager like Heineken, grolsch and super bokk.

That's because as has been pointed out a few times on this thread, the 660 bottles are UK brewed shyte. Disgraceful to have a great beer brand cheapened in that way by a mega brewing conglomerate. :mad:

The 500 bottles in Dunnes are still from Prague - for now. But if people are happy to buy the UK brewed shyte while still paying a premium beer price, then we can expect them to also be replaced with UK brewed shyte.

A super hard brexit would put an end to that nonsense :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

mutley18 wrote: »
    Can someone please recommend me a nice Czech beer? Usually go German or Polish and I want to branch out :D

Krusovice Musketyr is my favorite Czech beer. Only ever seen it in one place in Dublin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco
    Bulmers/Bulmers Light/Heineken 8x500ml for €10 (Crate for €30)

Possibly also includes Carlsberg/Guinness (Option to order online is greyed out at that price but offer may be on instore)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Dunnes Beer Thursday14 May Portmarnock

Not much to report. Slabs of Bud and Guinness 32 e less 20% if U have vouchers..25.60 a slab.

Starpromen unpasteurised 5 for 10/8 with voucher. A lot of O'Haras at 5 for 10/8 with voucher. Lomza unfiltered/unpasteurised/export all 4 for 7/5.60 with voucher.

Open gate non alcoholic 6@330 ml for 5/4 with voucher. Starting too early this weather so trying a few N/A. This is ,IMO, the best I have come across. Way ahead of Heineken 00 and , to my taste, slightly better than Erdinger....my usual N/A

• Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭rob316

12 Tiger for €15 in Tesco I'll be getting that again this weekend. The nicest of the mainstream beers.

• Advertisement

12 Moretti 330 ml @ 16 in tesco.

Heineken can last night was 5 for 9 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

looks like I'm going to have to make a break for it to tesco - nothing to report from local supervalu or aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Tesco
    Bulmers/Bulmers Light/Heineken 8x500ml for €10 (Crate for €30)

Possibly also includes Carlsberg/Guinness (Option to order online is greyed out at that price but offer may be on instore)

Guinness was 10 for 8x500 cans yesterday in Tesco Stillorgn

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I must have got the stuff not brewed in Germany when I got it a few months ago! I wouldn't usually be too fussy on my beers but could barely finish 2 bottles of it

I got some in the XXL Deal (8x500ml for €7.49) and on the bottle was:

Produced in Germany. Brewed according to the German purity law. (See attached Pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

I got some in the XXL Deal (8x500ml for €7.49) and on the bottle was:

Produced in Germany. Brewed according to the German purity law. (See attached Pic)

Thanks for that. If I do give it a try again I'll keep an eye out for that labeling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've had that Perlenbacher before, down the drain it went, a serious accquired taste and I wouldn't drink absolutely anything (except Bud)/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rob316 wrote: »
    12 Tiger for €15 in Tesco I'll be getting that again this weekend. The nicest of the mainstream beers.

it is pricey enough as its 330ml bottles.

I would be getting budvar before tiger if I was buying at that price.

12 for €15

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=285226124

12 longnecks is 7.92 regular 500ml bottles. So at €15 it works out at €1.89 for 500ml.

Budvar in tesco is 4x500ml for €10 on special (its an ongoing thing really though)

In supervalu it is 2 for €5,

The best deal usually going is 5 for €10 so €1.89 is a good deal and not advertised as an offer either.

rob316 wrote: »
    I've had that Perlenbacher before, down the drain it went, a serious accquired taste and I wouldn't drink absolutely anything (except Bud)/

You didnt need any Jeyes Fluid for a while so....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Guinness was 10 for 8x500 cans yesterday in Tesco Stillorgn

same in Ballybrack just now and lots of stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

If the government were to impose a, let’s say fixed €1 tax on any alcohol purchase made in shops, whether it’s 1 can or full slab, they will make a nice chunk of cash to pay off this corona bill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement