Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dont know if it's been mentioned before but I have gotten a couple of deliveries from https://www.mybooze.eu/ . Usually arrives in 5 working days, selection of German pils, largers, radlers, wines and spirits.
    Prices aren't too bad

I just asked about delivery on their site. €16 for up to 48 cans. It’s not cheap.

There’s cheaper out there.

That said a decent selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

geordi wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. Which would be your pick of the pilseners?
    I got the veltins which was nice and light. The parderborner is good. I got holsten pils for the nostalgic element.
    Tried the steam brew ipa, at 7.8% its rocket fuel not a great ipa but still very drinkable.

I just asked about delivery on their site. €16 for up to 48 cans. It’s not cheap.

There’s cheaper out there.

That said a decent selection.

Works out at about 70 euro delivered for 48 cans, not the cheapest but it's good to have a different selection, especially if you're looking for something other than bud or heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

geordi wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. Which would be your pick of the pilseners?

Hard to beat Spaten, and it's 5 for €10 in Dunnes.

If that site is shipping into Ireland then there's the risk of your order being seized.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Hard to beat Spaten, and it's 5 for €10 in Dunnes.

If that site is shipping into Ireland then there's the risk of your order being seized.

Private joker did you have any problems with shipping?

• Advertisement

Private joker did you have any problems with shipping?

No problem with shipping. Sent through ups and dpd in ireland. They say on the website that you're allowed a certain amount from with in the EU
    https://www.mybooze.eu/content/15-is-this-legal

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

No problem with shipping. Sent through ups and dpd in ireland. They say on the website that you're allowed a certain amount from with in the EU

Just as a caveat, that website quotes the EU rules on this, referencing that products must be for personal use and be transported by the person themselves. It also claims that the latter condition is met by using (hiring) them to transport those goods.

This is contradictory and simply not true - the transporting of goods by the person themselves is ultimately taken to mean that the person themselves must accompany the goods; using or hiring someone to do this means this condition is not met and the goods are not moving in accordance with legislation.

This may mean that goods could be seized or detained for payment of additional duty (if detected when entering the country)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lidl today. Slabs. Finglas.
    Bud - €25
    Guinness - €22
    Heineken - €27

Blanch centre had bud for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lying conmen.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/customs-information-for-travelling-and-duty-free-allowances/travelling-from-within-the-eu/duty-paid-and-tax-paid-goods.aspx
    Rules for duty-paid alcohol and tobacco products
    If you want to bring in alcohol and tobacco products (up to the indicative limits below) without paying extra duty or tax:

you must be 17 or older
    you must keep receipts (to prove you have already paid duty and tax)
    you must transport and accompany the goods yourself
    and
    the goods must be acquired by you for your own personal use and you cannot intend to sell them.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html
    Excisable products (for example, alcohol, tobacco and oil) purchased within the EU via the internet or by mail are subject to excise duty and VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

dodzy wrote: »
    Lidl today. Slabs. Finglas.
    Bud - €25
    Guinness - €22
    Heineken - €27

Blanch centre had bud for €25

My Lidl , Sligo had the Bud but not Guinness or Heiniken.

But they did have 12 x 500ml cans of Perlenbacher at €12.49.
    Noticed that unlike the bottles I bought recently it is 4.8% and does not say where it is brewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Supervalu two 660ml bottles of Moretti for 6 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Supervalu two 660ml bottles of Moretti for 6 euro

Not getting at you Andrew00

Just pointing out that’s pretty poor value.

Would work out at about 1:50 per 330 ml bottle. Those 660 ml bottles should be close to 2 euro or below to represent real value I feel. That’s my take on it.

It’s a swizz dressed up as a bargain these Supermarkets have a lot to answer for when it comes to pretending to give us value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I got the super bock in lidl for €6.99 a 6-pack. I never heard of this beer before but it is a delicious lager. As nice as Heineken and stronger alcohol content. Yum.

It's grand. I'd a rake load of it on my first night in portugal last year. About 25 33cl cans. Couldn't touch it after that. LOL.

Same as anything I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

FLOOPER wrote: »

Would work out at about 1:50 per 330 ml bottle. Those 660 ml bottles should be close to 2 euro or below to represent real value I feel. That’s my take on it.

It’s a swizz dressed up as a bargain these Supermarkets have a lot to answer for when it comes to pretending to give us value.

4 660ml bottles at 10euro in tesco is decent value though. A fantastic beer.

Thanks for that info. I've had no issue with them so far. But that's not to say I won't. Just checked the box and its marked as supermarket items.

I ordered 48 cans earlier so hopefully I won’t have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,919 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Places doing Draft in a bottle now saw it today in Super Value. Anyone have an info on it ???

2 cans of Eight Degrees Breweries for €5 there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Same as is 12x 330 for €15 in Tesco (Moretti)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

has anyone seen adnams bitter anywhere? Aldi used to do it some years ago and I loved it. I can't find it anywhere and Adnams don't ship to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Superbock is a lovely lager.

First time having it tonight and it won't be the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

patrickc wrote: »
    has anyone seen adnams bitter anywhere? Aldi used to do it some years ago and I loved it. I can't find it anywhere and Adnams don't ship to Ireland

AFAIK M & S do it. They have.a load of English country ales and as far as I remember they had a selection of Adnams

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

rubadub wrote: »

Is it still good value though - VAT is already applied in another EU country so question what is the difference in Duty. Not as straight forward as ex-EU where no duty is paid or offset.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

It's grand. I'd a rake load of it on my first night in portugal last year. About 25 33cl cans. Couldn't touch it after that. LOL.

Same as anything I suppose.

Big fan of Superbock myself but have a technical question. How many cans in a rake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thumbs up here for moretti too . Drank it in Rome last year on holiday and been one of my go to beers since .
    Fantastic beer , great refreshing taste off it and decent value on it in Tesco now also .
    Wouldn’t go near peroni now , moretti beats it by a mile in my opinion .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Superbock is a lovely lager.

First time having it tonight and it won't be the last.

It really is lovely.
    I had 6 last night and I had a fair pain in my head in the morning. I could notice the bit extra alcohol content from the hangover. But I was ok an hour after taking a panadol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Superbock is lovely alright. Bottles here are nice but the draught stuff you get in Portugal is another level. I'd go back for the pints alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

You should look at the whiskey on that mybooze.eu site....jameson blenders dog or Cooper's Croze, 1 of them bought with the black barrel, would come in at 90 all in. The black barrel is only 29 right now, the Cooper's Croze is 44, but when you add in the delivery etc 2 bottles are 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

steves2 wrote: »
    You should look at the whiskey on that mybooze.eu site....jameson blenders dog or Cooper's Croze, 1 of them bought with the black barrel, would come in at 90 all in. The black barrel is only 29 right now, the Cooper's Croze is 44, but when you add in the delivery etc 2 bottles are 90.

Still not brilliant value but I think if you add more bottles the price per bottle will drop

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Limestone1 wrote:
    Is it still good value though - VAT is already applied in another EU country so question what is the difference in Duty. Not as straight forward as ex-EU where no duty is paid or offset.

Both duty and VAT are applied if detected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

FLOOPER wrote: »

They are 4 660ml bottles for €10 or €15 for 12 330ml bottles in Tesco.

Works out the same price per ML either way.

I've never seen them at less than €2.50 a bottle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement