Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I was double checking my receipt from Tesco for the 25% off 6 bottles and it looked like the discount is applied to the wine RRP? The discount I got was more than 25% off the price I paid for the wine so if a wine is reduced from €16 to €12 it's based on the €16.

That seems odd.

Just looking at tesco site.

19 Crimes Red Wine 75Cl

SAVE 4.76 Was 14.76 Now 10.00

Added 6 bottles in the shopping cart.

Total price: €45

The 25% discount was applied to the reduced price (€10 per bottle), not to the full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Good whiskey discount in Tesco:
    Powers Gold Irish Whisky 1L - 25eur https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253762833
    Powers 3 Swallow Release - 30eur https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290670747
    Bushmills Irish Malt 10Yr Old Whiskey - 30 eur https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256410088

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

keos wrote: »
    That seems odd.
    Just looking at tesco site.
    19 Crimes Red Wine 75Cl
    SAVE 4.76 Was 14.76 Now 10.00
    Added 6 bottles in the shopping cart.
    Total price: €45
    The 25% discount was applied to the reduced price (€10 per bottle), not to the full price.

Cheers, figured it out, forgot to include the bottle of port, so the numbers come out now at 25%.

btw Would you recommend the 19 crimes red or banished?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I bought 9 bottles on Monday, wine was reduced from €22 to €20.
    The 25% Discount was off the selling price of €20 a bottle as total paid was €135.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

okidoki987 wrote:
    I bought 9 bottles on Monday, wine was reduced from €22 to €20. The 25% Discount was off the selling price of €20 a bottle as total paid was €135.

Does that suggest the 25% is off total of all bottles, irrespective of number?
    I thought it was 25% off 6 bottles and multiples of 6, but that for example if you purchased 9, the 25% off would only apply to 6 of those bottles, with the other 3 at usual price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Probably too late now for their Crafty Brewing Christmas special offer boxes though, it was 12 500mL bottles for €19.99 including a cognac barrel aged stout, came out last Saturday but would have gone fast

Still plenty of these in my local Lidl last night, I was pleasantly surprised :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Does that suggest the 25% is off total of all bottles, irrespective of number?
    I thought it was 25% off 6 bottles and multiples of 6, but that for example if you purchased 9, the 25% off would only apply to 6 of those bottles, with the other 3 at usual price?

It is 25% off 6 or more bottles. If you put nine bottles of 19 crimes into your basket it is charged at €67.50 which is 75% of €90.
    But the alert on the website tells you you have missed a promotion, as it only seems to register multiples of 6. But the price shows you got the discount price.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Sorry for my laziness but don't want to have to read through the thread is Baileys on special anywhere?

casio4 wrote: »
    Sorry for my laziness but don't want to have to read through the thread is Baileys on special anywhere?

free amazing search function!

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057168220&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=baileys

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Cheers, figured it out, forgot to include the bottle of port, so the numbers come out now at 25%.

btw Would you recommend the 19 crimes red or banished?

haven't tried any unfortunately. used it just to see how the discount works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

It was on for 10 in tesco. Not sure if it still is

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think centra is still a tenner
    13 dunnes and super value and Tesco ....... I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Seve OB wrote: »
    I think centra is still a tenner
    13 dunnes and super value and Tesco ....... I think

Super Valu today was €14.75

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

freida wrote: »
    It was on for 10 in tesco. Not sure if it still is

10 today in Lidl.

kooper wrote: »
    Good whiskey discount in Tesco:
    Powers Gold Irish Whisky 1L - 25eur https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253762833
    Powers 3 Swallow Release - 30eur https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290670747
    Bushmills Irish Malt 10Yr Old Whiskey - 30 eur https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256410088

Talisker 10 back at 30 euro also which is one of the best at that price considering it's 45.8% as well as a great whisky. in my book would easily beat 3 swallows or bushmills 10

Powers 700ml at 18 euro also - very similar bang for buck vs 1L at 25 if you fancy a smaller bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

glasso wrote: »
    Talisker 10 back at 30 euro also which is one of the best at that price considering it's 45.8% as well as a great whisky. in my book would easily beat 3 swallows or bushmills 10

Powers 700ml at 18 euro also - very similar bang for buck vs 1L at 25 if you fancy a smaller bottle!

Just bought a bottle yesterday. Really nice if youre a fan of the smoky stuff, 30e is v good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Aldi

Screenshot-20201205-105454.jpg

Dunnes

Screenshot-20201205-105512.jpg

Tesco

Screenshot-20201205-105533.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

glasso wrote: »

Have to disagree with you there.
    Like the caskmates stout,3 swallows,green spot,writers tears & black barrel but the talisker ended up making hot whiskeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

That Aldi Sancerre is like gold dust, can’t seem to find it in any of their shops!

That Aldi Sancerre is like gold dust, can’t seem to find it in any of their shops!

Got a bottle last Saturday, had to Google it to recognise the label :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Invincible wrote: »
    Got a bottle last Saturday, had to Google it to recognise the label :-)

I’ve tried both coolock & east wall twice!
    I’ll give it one more go tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got two in Blanchardstown centre one on Tuesday night, they had loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Black Bush is €26 in Tesco today.

Have to disagree with you there.
    Like the caskmates stout,3 swallows,green spot,writers tears & black barrel but the talisker ended up making hot whiskeys.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Gordon's Premium Pink Distilled Gin 1 Litre €20 in Tesco according to their web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Speaking of gin, anyone spot Bertha's Revenge anywhere on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

24 euro I paid yesterday for a 24 x 500ml heineken,dunno if that deal only came out today the op posted about 20 euro a slab.

Basq wrote: »
    Speaking of gin, anyone spot Bertha's Revenge anywhere on offer?

In Dunnes, fiver off €43.20 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In Dunnes, fiver off €43.20 atm.

Perfect - thanks Invincible. May have an old voucher lying around too.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Perfect - thanks Invincible. May have an old voucher lying around too.

You're welcome Basq,Only you mentioned it, never seen it before :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement