Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Plenty of Perlenbacher x 8 for €7.49 makes up for it.

Is it a nice beer? Havent tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭elperello

mutley18 wrote: »
    Is it a nice beer? Havent tried it.

It's well regarded on this thread. Especially the 8 packs in the xxx offer, not just for the price but because they are brewed in Germany in accordance with the German Purity Law.

Some find the taste preferable to the regular 6 pack stock of the same brand brewed in France.

I would say don't go buying a trolley load of it, just buy a pack and try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Lidl so called Super Savers

Heineken 12x500ml €17.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Guinness 12x500ml €17.99 4.2% Alc. Vol.

Carlsberg 12x500ml €16.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Budweiser 20x300ml €17.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Carlsberg 20x300ml €16.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.
    Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got wine delivery from www.thewinebuff.com The bargain isn't the wine, the bargain is free nationwide delivery for orders of 3+ bottles. Ordered Wednesday, delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

That's p*ss-poor for a bank holiday weekend. :(
    it is...but with the pubs being closed so many people are buying from the shops now that they really don't have to do offers to get you in..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

dunnes have 24 Heineken slab for 30 euro and bulmers/Carlsberg 24 cans 28 euro.

my local aldi were very poor for drink offers this bank holiday,no slabs of cans.
    24 bottles 330ml bud a mad 28 euros that's shockingly priced...…………………………………………………………...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

bassy wrote: »
    dunnes have 24 Heineken slab for 30 euro and bulmers/Carlsberg 24 cans 28 euro.

my local aldi were very poor for drink offers this bank holiday,no slabs of cans.
    24 bottles 330ml bud a mad 28 euros that's shockingly priced...…………………………………………………………...

Head to your local off license
    Seriously - that is a proper disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Was in Tesco this evening:
    • Punk IPA 4 x 33cl Cans :: 8 euro
    • Punk Clockwork Tangerine 4 x 33cl Cans :: 8 euro
    • 8Degrees Full Irish IPA & Citra IPA 4 x 44cl :: 10 euro
    • Various McGargles 500ml 4 for 10 euro

Nothing special.. Picked up 4 cans of the 8Degrees stuff meself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Danger781 wrote: »
    Was in Tesco this evening:
    • Punk IPA 4 x 33cl Cans :: 8 euro
    • Punk Clockwork Tangerine 4 x 33cl Cans :: 8 euro
    • 8Degrees Full Irish IPA & Citra IPA 4 x 44cl :: 10 euro
    • Various McGargles 500ml 4 for 10 euro

Nothing special.. Picked up 4 cans of the 8Degrees stuff meself

Which tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

O'Briens have a Gin Sale on right now, with up to 23% off a wide-range of gins. Usually you just see Gordons and Cork Dry Gin in these, but there's an impressive range of gins for cheaper than I've seen them in shops.

Highlights:
      • Dingle Gin - €32 (usually 37)
      • Drumshambo Gunpower Gin - €39.99 (usually between 47 and 49)

A few gift packs and limited edition releases there too which could be great presents

https://www.obrienswine.ie/collections/gin-sale

1. Advertisement
    2. Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

12 bottle of moretti 330ml for 15 euro in tesco.

3. Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Keep an eye out when picking up Guinness multipacks. Got 8 cans for 12 euro, thought it was a decent deal. Poured my pint and the feckin thing was an inch off the top of the glass. Checked the tin and.... 440ml cans!!

Was fairly ragin at not noticing it myself as much as anything!! Bought in local Eurospar BTW.

4. Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Same problem with Bulmers 24 for 28 in Tesco and Dunnes. Nothing to say smaller cans, no barcode on cans and only when I got home, I realised smaller can. It may not be much of a difference in size but it is bloody annoying:mad:

5. Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fulhamfan wrote: »
      Same problem with Bulmers 24 for 28 in Tesco and Dunnes.

if they were 500ml at the same price per ml it would be €31.82 for 24x500ml

also 24*60ml=1440ml, so they leave you short nearly 3 regular cans.

6. Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭pjq

fulhamfan wrote: »
      Same problem with Bulmers 24 for 28 in Tesco and Dunnes. Nothing to say smaller cans, no barcode on cans and only when I got home, I realised smaller can. It may not be much of a difference in size but it is bloody annoying:mad:

The solution is simple; supermarkets should ALWAYS! print the (second) price €/litre big enough to be readable. But that is unrealistic in this republic, even the Troika who persuaded the Government that we needed USC and LPT couldn't persuade them that we consumers needed protection from "the big & powerful "

7. Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

beardo81 wrote: »
      Keep an eye out when picking up Guinness multipacks. Got 8 cans for 12 euro, thought it was a decent deal. Poured my pint and the feckin thing was an inch off the top of the glass. Checked the tin and.... 440ml cans!!

Was fairly ragin at not noticing it myself as much as anything!! Bought in local Eurospar BTW.

No reason on this earth to package any drink in 440ml. I’ve always called it the “sneaky bastard can”

8. Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Having a few bottles of Estrella this evening. It's lovely

9. Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

dodzy wrote: »
      No reason on this earth to package any drink in 440ml. I’ve always called it the “sneaky bastard can”

440ml cans are usually from the UK from my recollection. Most likely off loadwd by one of the drink wholesalers to Spar/BWG for little or nothing. Were awfully difficult to move where I worked before.

10. Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

440ml cans are usually from the UK from my recollection. Most likely off loadwd by one of the drink wholesalers to Spar/BWG for little or nothing. Were awfully difficult to move where I worked before.

Yep, I checked the tin and they are distributed by Guinness & Co. Belfast. Sneaky bastard cans indeed, once bitten and all that, I have learned a valuable lesson!

11. Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Maybe Brexit will see them off.
      In the meantime it's the oldest consumer advice in the world Caveat Emptor.
      I don't see anything sneaky in putting a legal product on the shelf and offering it for sale at the marked price.

12. Advertisement
    13. Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

my local lidl are doing 6 x 33cl bottles of Super Bock (5.2%) for €6.99

great deal for a lovely drink in this weather

14. Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

15. Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

dodzy wrote: »

Actually there was a reason that they were 440ml. I think it was to do with freight weight and the imperial system. A 440ml can weighs 1lb.

16. Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

sydthebeat wrote: »

Super Bock is a good lager - much better than the main stream spanish beers, Portuguese (or sold in portugal, and not is spain) I believe

17. Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

sydthebeat wrote: »

Super Bock is a good lager - much better than the main stream spanish beers, Portuguese (or sold in portugal, and not is spain) I believe

18. Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yes portugal, always the go to beer over there

19. Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

12 bottle of moretti 330ml for 15 euro in tesco.

Tesco.ie online have the same deal for Tiger, Budvar, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Sol. No sign of Moretti but will keep an eye out in store.

20. Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

1968 wrote: »
      Tesco.ie online have the same deal for Tiger, Budvar, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Sol. No sign of Moretti but will keep an eye out in store.

Moretti deal available in Sligo yesterday. It was €20 last week...hasn't been any Peroni 12pk for a week at least.

21. Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

Actually there was a reason that they were 440ml. I think it was to do with freight weight and the imperial system. A 440ml can weighs 1lb.

Of course it was. And the punter gets screwed. :rolleyes:

22. Advertisement
    23. Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

A real pitty you cant get any of the main stream lagers in 330 ml cans in ireland. Widely available in the North though. Much nicer can to sip on.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement