Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Tesco doing 4 * 650ml of Heineken for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

py2006 wrote: »
    Tesco doing 4 * 650ml of Heineken for a tenner.

that deal has been going on for a year or 2 now. Its 5% Heineken which should be factored in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

rubadub wrote: »
    that deal has been going on for a year or 2 now. Its 5% Heineken which should be factored in.

Had some last weekend, lovely stuff compared to the 4.3%.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Had some last weekend, lovely stuff compared to the 4.3%.

If the 4 650ml bottles were diluted down to 4.3% it would be a hair over 6x500ml cans, so each bottle is the same units as 1.5 cans. So €1.67 a can at 4 for a tenner.

Most of these mainstream beers are brewed to high % and diluted down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I got some in the XXL Deal (8x500ml for €7.49) and on the bottle was:

Produced in Germany. Brewed according to the German purity law. (See attached Pic)

Just picked some up in my local. Had a good few left.
    Thanks for that. If I do give it a try again I'll keep an eye out for that labeling

Can't miss it to be fair. Big "XXL" label on the pack. Plus there's 8 in it!

If you're still in doubt, it's very easy to pull back a bit of the box and read the label on the bottle.
    rob316 wrote: »
    I've had that Perlenbacher before, down the drain it went, a serious accquired taste and I wouldn't drink absolutely anything (except Bud)/

You sure you weren't drinking when you wrote that! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

rubadub wrote: »
    it is pricey enough as its 330ml bottles.

I would be getting budvar before tiger if I was buying at that price.

12 for €15

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=285226124

12 longnecks is 7.92 regular 500ml bottles. So at €15 it works out at €1.89 for 500ml.

Budvar in tesco is 4x500ml for €10 on special (its an ongoing thing really though)

In supervalu it is 2 for €5,

The best deal usually going is 5 for €10 so €1.89 is a good deal and not advertised as an offer either.

I'm a regular Budvar drinker and never copped that so Thanks! I remember O'Briens used to do 5 for €10 for Budvar a while back and before that Carry Out/Next Door occasionally used to have that offer, but I haven't seen it anywhere for a while. I had gotten used to getting 4 for €10 and had just dismissed the smaller bottles without doing the maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Tesco Clarehall had Carlsberg, Coors Light, Bud and Heineken at 10 for 8 cans

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

SuperValu currently selling Powers Gold label whiskey 70cl for 20 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco have Captain Morgan/Smirnoff/Gordons 1 litre for €25

Dunnes have Bulmers for €30 a crate, nice when worked with €10 off €50 vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Where are the slab of 24 Budweiser for €25 deals gone ? Anyone seen these around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Where are the slab of 24 Budweiser for €25 deals gone ? Anyone seen these around

Gone for the moment. Lidl were the most recent but that's gone now too. Just have to keep the eyes peeled !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

If the government were to impose a, let’s say fixed €1 tax on any alcohol purchase made in shops, whether it’s 1 can or full slab, they will make a nice chunk of cash to pay off this corona bill.

They already do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Tesco have Captain Morgan/Smirnoff/Gordons 1 litre for €25

Dunnes have Bulmers for €30 a crate, nice when worked with €10 off €50 vouchers.

Don't forget to check size of can, was 440ml last week so offer not as good as it first looks:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

fulhamfan wrote: »
    Tesco Clarehall had Carlsberg, Coors Light, Bud and Heineken at 10 for 8 cans

Hop House too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Produced in Germany. Brewed according to the German purity law. (See attached Pic)

Picked up a box just now, stock nearly gone, full pallet yesterday, 3 boxes left this morning, Lidl, Ballincollig, cork

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

Powers 700ml is 20 at Supervalu, but there is a voucher on our mobile app , i got 2 bottles for 32 after the voucher discount

• Registered Users Posts: 66,911 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Whats the Perlenbacher Wheat Beer like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭elperello

If you like wheat beer it's pretty good.
    Wheat beer aka. Weissbier is a bit sweeter than normal beers and something of an acquired taste.
    Nice for a change I'd say.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_beer
    If you are not sure just buy a couple to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Its not bad in fairness. A hell of a lot better that the other stuff

elperello wrote: »
    If you like wheat beer it's pretty good.
    Wheat beer aka. Weissbier is a bit sweeter than normal beers and something of an acquired taste.
    Nice for a change I'd say.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_beer
    If you are not sure just buy a couple to start with.

Ph I like my Weissbier. Will give it a go...65p a large can in Lidl Lisnaskea last time I was in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ph I like my Weissbier. Will give it a go...65p a large can in Lidl Lisnaskea last time I was in it.

At that price you can push the boat out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

very nice

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    SuperValu currently selling Powers Gold label whiskey 70cl for 20 euros

Can confirm

cadaliac wrote: »
    Picked up a box just now, stock nearly gone, full pallet yesterday, 3 boxes left this morning, Lidl, Ballincollig, cork

Excellent stuff, on my 8th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Does it sell out fast reslly want to try it now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

sasta le wrote: »
    maybe you have enough for now:)
    just kidding..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Ballincollig SuperValu had 4 for €9 on Staropramen.. The actual Czech variation too and not the UK brewed Coors muck. Unfortunately only two bottles left so I couldn't avail of the offer..

Quite a few craft beers are 2 for €5 / €6

Nothing much of a bargain there unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

So I picked up some Perlenbacher in Lidl since everyone here is talking about it but I fear I may have picked up the wrong variety :|

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    So I picked up some Perlenbacher in Lidl since everyone here is talking about it but I fear I may have picked up the wrong variety :|

I think it's the German one you want. France would know a bot about beer too...get it inntiye!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement