Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Offer only says Bulmers Light but got 24 cans of Bulmers in Tesco for €28 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

rubadub wrote: »
    The strength, they dilute it down to 4.3% for the Irish market to match "irish tastes".

Well they can fûck right off with their overpriced pisswater. The beer I've just opened is 10.5%* :)

They've always tried to market it here as an expensive premium product when in reality it's anything but. It was great when Wetherspoons here told them (and Guinness) where to go.

* Gulden Draak 9000, 4x330mL is €9.99 in Lidl so grab 'em while you can!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Peter File wrote: »
    Apparently they stopped a brewing contract last November in UK and Ireland. Their owner Asahi has withdrawn Grolsch from these 2 markets. Very disappointing news to discover.

So we're no longer getting UK brewed under licence shyte, no loss really.

Sickened that Staropramen is now BUL in the UK, it's shyte. Stay away from the 660mL bottles, and examine the labels of the 500mL bottles very closely. Quick and easy way to ruin a respected brand. Fcuk these mega-brewing conglomerates anyway.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

fin12 wrote: »
    Really nice. Get the 4 660ml for a tender in Tesco.

Make sure they're not BUL-shyt

(brewed under licence)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Heineken Bottle 20 Pack (330 Millilitre) €18.00 SuperValu till 4th May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Any Aldi offers? Only place i'm really doing shopping these days.

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Anybody know if Lidl have the Argus Strong back in stock yet? (7.2%) I wanted to go for a look but the queues in the local Lidl here are ridiculous most hours of the day.

I was in Lidl on Tuesday and they had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

As usual no slabs of Guinness in my local Lidl:(

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

casio4 wrote: »

None in mine either. Don't think they were even on sale. Got a slab in Tesco for €28. Carlsberg €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

casio4 wrote: »

None in mine either. Don't think they were even on sale. Got a slab in Tesco for €28. Carlsberg €25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭sceach16

Dunnes Portmarnock this morning. Got the last slab of Bud @28 less 20%, Carlsberg same price. Did not see any Guinness slabs.

Lomza range of Polish beer ( which I like) is 4 for 7 euro (less 20% with voucher).

No offers on wine as in 25% or 20% off 6 or any specials.

No specials on Irish whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Great Offers In-Store In Our Alcohol Department this Weekend
    - Carlsberg 20 Pack Bottles Only €16
    - Budweiser 20 Pack Bottle Only €16
    - Bombay Sapphire Gin 70cl Only €26
    - Beefeater Pink Gin 70cl Only €17
    - Bacardi Carta Blanca 70cl Only €22
    - Cork dry Gin 70cl Now €21
    "unsub txt Remove to 50015"

All offers in Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Aldi brochure suggests "great price" for 18 X 500 ml hop house, can anyone throw any light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Aldi brochure suggests "great price" for 18 X 500 ml hop house, can anyone throw any light on this?

pretty sure i seen them the other day for 24/25 quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭in2dark

sceach16 wrote: »
    Dunnes Portmarnock this morning. Got the last slab of Bud @28 less 20%, Carlsberg same price. Did not see any Guinness slabs.

Lomza range of Polish beer ( which I like) is 4 for 7 euro (less 20% with voucher).

No offers on wine as in 25% or 20% off 6 or any specials.

No specials on Irish whiskey.

Bought jameson just now for 25 the 700ml. They say 5€ off normal price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Supervalu

went to supervalu, did family shop, found €10 voucher in my wallet, bought Jameson for €10. i will be celebrating international workers day with whiskey sours.....

not really a bargain, but when it's the only option, 12 cans of Guinness were €19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

sceach16 wrote: »

Did you happen to see if they have the Lomza unfiltered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

richieffff wrote: »

Available in Super Value (unfiltered)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭bilbot79

askU wrote: »
    Pint of water does the trick. Before bed and a pint by the bed..

I've taken to drinking water between pints too. Really helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

bilbot79 wrote: »

This. Before i have the last 2-3 pints i'll throw a litre of water into the system. Works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭sceach16

richieffff wrote: »

Unfiltered and Non Pasteurised and Export. Three different. TBH I am not sure I could tell them apart in a blind tasting ( I might try in the interest of the general public) but overall I like the style.

Picked up four 660mL Peronis in Tesco for a tenner earlier. Brewed in Rome.

Also got a slab of Guinness for €28, and four Proper Job for a tenner, love that stuff but Tesco is the only place around here that stocks it and I rarely shop there. Last time I got it, the other half moved them out of the fridge door and laid them on their side :eek: you have to let the sediment settle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

bilbot79 wrote: »
    This. Before i have the last 2-3 pints i'll throw a litre of water into the system. Works a treat.

Deffo.

A lucozade sport before going to sleep works wonders.

also helps to sober up as much as possible before hitting the scratcher.

Jaysus I'm getting old. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are Tesco doing 24 Guinness for €24 at the moment? The one in Roselawn had em yesterday.

Anyone seen elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Are Tesco doing 24 Guinness for €24 at the moment? The one in Roselawn had em yesterday.

Anyone seen elsewhere?

24 for 28 euro in my local Tesco, didn't see them for 24 euro unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Lidl so called Super Savers

Heineken 12x500ml €17.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Guinness 12x500ml €17.99 4.2% Alc. Vol.

Carlsberg 12x500ml €16.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Budweiser 20x300ml €17.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Carlsberg 20x300ml €16.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dunnes 12 cobra 330ml 12.50

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Lidl so called Super Savers

Heineken 12x500ml €17.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Guinness 12x500ml €17.99 4.2% Alc. Vol.

Carlsberg 12x500ml €16.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Budweiser 20x300ml €17.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

Carlsberg 20x300ml €16.99 4.3% Alc. Vol.

That's p*ss-poor for a bank holiday weekend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tesco have their usual 1L smirnoff/gordons/captains for €25 again, with no end date listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

That's p*ss-poor for a bank holiday weekend. :(

Plenty of Perlenbacher x 8 for €7.49 makes up for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement