Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hogzy wrote: »
    Tesco in Newry have them and theyre currently 3 for £5 for the 660ml bottles. Not sure if youre near the border or if youre that willing to travel so far for beer. Might be handy when the lockdown is over.

Valid until 31st August- same offer on Cobra too (620ml bottles)- 3 for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Guinness slab is 25 in Lidl. Is this nationwide? as usually when these deals are posted most Lidl don't have any stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Valid until 31st August- same offer on Cobra too (620ml bottles)- 3 for a fiver.

Nice price. Although I've only ever had Cobra for breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

casio4 wrote: »
    Guinness slab is 25 in Lidl. Is this nationwide? as usually when these deals are posted most Lidl don't have any stock

It should be. I picked up one each in two different stores here in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

4 x Birra Moretti 660ml bottles for €10 in Tesco -

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=258288808

I'm not a huge fan of it but my Brother is and he reckons that this Tesco deal on Birra Moretti is pretty good ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

I'm not a huge fan of it but my Brother is and he reckons that this Tesco deal on Birra Moretti is pretty good ��

I've never seen better than that in any shop here, the only way to top that is if you have shop and save vouchers or something similar. I think it's a really nice beer, definitely beats Peroni for taste imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Had 4 bottles of Peroni on Saturday evening along with my usual cans of Guinness and I was fuc*ed the next day. Never get hangovers but that Peroni left me in a bad way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Had 4 bottles of Peroni on Saturday evening along with my usual cans of Guinness and I was fuc*ed the next day. Never get hangovers but that Peroni left me in a bad way

How many cans of Guinness did you have and what time scale are we looking at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Ye peroni would blow the head of you. Consoder the moretti next time. Not as edgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I had one bottle of perroni along with other beers and I had a terrible hangover the next day.

• Advertisement

I had 5 cans of Guinness lads. Never get a hangover obviously from that but the Peroni left me good for nothing the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I had 5 cans of Guinness lads. Never get a hangover obviously from that but the Peroni left me good for nothing the next day

You had 9 beers and a hangover. This is to be expected even if you had either 9 Guinness, 9 Peronis or any combination thereof.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Peroni is lethal for hangovers. Never drink pints of it on tap as worked in bar last year and had it on offer when took it in initially and it blew the heads off all the locals that drank there and they were well used to their beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

had a similar experience with Peroni - a few bottles and really felt it the next day.

It does have a higher alcohol content than Moretti though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Different strokes for different folks. Certain people are senstive to sulphur dioxide, an inti-oxidizing agent added to many wines to keep them fresh, others get headaches from chemical substance found in dark grape skins. The latter will drink white wine with no effects, and suffer with red wines. If you are allergic (or have a sensitivity) to yeast, for instance, unfiltered microbrewed beer might leave you with a terrible headache. Beer or any other carbonated alcoholic beverage is absorbed much more quickly into your body. Drinking it before other alcoholic beverages will cause them to be absorbed more quickly as well.

Seems like everyone agrees Peroni is bad for giving hangovers. Corona never gives me a hangover but got fed up of it so will try Morreti

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Heineken gives me the worst hangovers. Awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Worse stuff for hangovers I drank was VB in Australia. Had it a couple of times and felt like I was hit by a truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Its ok beer but that's 25% dearer than Hein and they made by same company...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Me too. I had a box of 12 small bottles one evening. Next day I was bollixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hop House 13 is another one that gives me real bad hangover. So I’ve only drank it maybe on 2 occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Seems like everyone agrees Peroni is bad for giving hangovers. Corona never gives me a hangover but got fed up of it so will try Morreti
    Find it gives me a cough and a high temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco
    Budweiser/Carlsberg 24 for €25
    Bulmers Light/Heineken/Guinness 24 for €28.

All finish Monday so guessing that's their crate deals for bank holiday weekend unless some price war breaks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Its ok beer but that's 25% dearer than Hein and they made by same company...

OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Me too. I had a box of 12 small bottles one evening. Next day I was bollixed.

I appreciate i've been a lightweight for a few years now due to not being able for hangovers once i got past 30 but surely its not that unusual to be hungover after drinking 12 bottles of beer? 7/8 would be around the point I would expect a hangover.

Also, when OP says he had 4 bottles are we sure we're not talking about 4 x660ml bottles that are 4 for €10 in tesco? Because 4 of them plus 5 cans of guiness is a fair amount of alcohol intake.

I don't think Peroni is any worse than any other mass market beer for hangovers and am generally not a believer in that kind of stuff. Its usually pub talk to be honest, its the same as the "i had a bad pint" or "it must have been the shots" that caused the hangover. No, you just drank way too much. Hence you are hungover, attempts to explain it away or blame the brand you were drinking is a load of rubbish IMO.

Anyway, think I posted this already but best deal on moretti at the moment is 12 for €15 in my local O' Briens. Same price peroni is when its on offer in tesco and the smaller bottles are far handier than the 660mls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I appreciate i've been a lightweight for a few years now due to not being able for hangovers once i got past 30 but surely its not that unusual to be hungover after drinking 12 bottles of beer? 7/8 would be around the point I would expect a hangover.

Also, when OP says he had 4 bottles are we sure we're not talking about 4 x660ml bottles that are 4 for €10 in tesco? Because 4 of them plus 5 cans of guiness is a fair amount of alcohol intake.

I don't think Peroni is any worse than any other mass market beer for hangovers and am generally not a believer in that kind of stuff. Its usually pub talk to be honest, its the same as the "i had a bad pint" or "it must have been the shots" that caused the hangover. No, you just drank way too much. Hence you are hungover, attempts to explain it away or blame the brand you were drinking is a load of rubbish IMO.

Anyway, think I posted this already but best deal on moretti at the moment is 12 for €15 in my local O' Briens. Same price peroni is when its on offer in tesco and the smaller bottles are far handier than the 660mls.

It was discussed earlier in the thread there are a few different places that brew peroni, most agree the stuff brewed in the UK is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Just a quick one for those that drink bottles Coors, Heineken are having problems with supply of the boxes of 20.
    Dunnes Stores & some off licence have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lola_86

Does anyone know the deals on guiness/carlsberg in dunnes? Cant see any online! Sometimes can work out well with the €10 off €50 vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Lola_86 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the deals on guiness/carlsberg in dunnes? Cant see any online! Sometimes can work out well with the €10 off €50 vouchers!

slabs of Guinness were €30 two days ago in Dunnes. If the €25 in Lidl is nationwide it would work out the same price and probably less queueing

• Advertisement

Definitely. 12 bottles of anything is about 7 pints. I'd wager that you'd drink 12 bottles quicker than you'd down 7 pints as well, or most people would anyway. Plus, it's 4.7% versus, say 4.3% for Guinness, so you're talking about 8 pints of Guinness, relatively speaking.

Anyone claiming they wouldn't get a hangover after 8 pints is a spoofer or a hard man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement