Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Definitely. 12 bottles of anything is about 7 pints. I'd wager that you'd drink 12 bottles quicker than you'd down 7 pints as well, or most people would anyway. Plus, it's 4.7% versus, say 4.3% for Guinness, so you're talking about 8 pints of Guinness, relatively speaking.

Anyone claiming they wouldn't get a hangover after 8 pints is a spoofer or a hard man.

I've drank a full case of Canadian Molson a few times and never had anything next day apart from a slightly soft head. Saying that, I generally drink 5% upwards to 9% so lower ABV beers don't do much for me. To say you are guaranteed a hangover from 8 pints is nonsense - it's all individual and related to tolerance.

"I drank a tray once, and I was brand new next day'
    Anyone claiming they wouldn't get a hangover after 8 pints is a spoofer or a hard man.

Didn't say I was brand new, felt I had been drinking the night before but nowhere near something I'd describe as a hangover. Is it so hard to believe someone might be able to handle more drink than you?

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Is it so hard to believe someone might be able to handle more drink than you?

That's not what I said, or even implied, but you know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Pint of water does the trick. Before bed and a pint by the bed..

• Advertisement

A tray of Molson is akin to 24 cans of water before bedtime anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

Any places doing slabs of Carling ??.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Sorry if I've missed it, but are Dunnes doing the usual 2 for 50 on litres of spirits and slabs for the bank holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bassy wrote: »

tesco are 4 for a fiver, so a tray for €30. I expect they will have the cases on offer within the next week. They are always going on offer, but never much stock.

The 4 for 5 packs look almost identical to the regular cans, so be careful what you pick up as they can scan differently. I noticed when I got home last time that I picked up 5 regular 4 packs and 1 promotional one, but as I had done the self scanning trolley thing they did not pick it up, they have in the past though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Any cans of mixers on sale? Tesco had 4x200ml poachers for €2 a few weeks back which was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭RayCon

Perlenbacher XXL (8 pack of 500ml bottles) €7.49 - back in Lidl this week

Anybody know if Lidl have the Argus Strong back in stock yet? (7.2%) I wanted to go for a look but the queues in the local Lidl here are ridiculous most hours of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭in2dark

RayCon wrote: »

Excellent deal. I really like this beer. There is also the small bottle version which is a lager

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Any cans of mixers on sale? Tesco had 4x200ml poachers for €2 a few weeks back which was very good.

That's a great price, alright.....I get tonic from Amazon in bulk, normally. 24 x 200ml bottles of Fever tree can be had for around £24stg if you keep an eye out. Same with double dutch, which can be got for cheaper again.

Never tried poacher's well, had to google it. Their site seems to be just a placeholder, I might tweet them to see if you can buy it directly from them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ben Done wrote: »
    Sorry if I've missed it, but are Dunnes doing the usual 2 for 50 on litres of spirits and slabs for the bank holiday?

Not yesterday they weren't- and also none of the 25% off 6 or more bottles of wine offer that they usually do either........

There are very few specials running in Dunnes (or elsewhere) in comparison to normal times- I guess their costbase has shot up- and they're saving money by not running offers (other than their 10-off-50 offer- which is ongoing).

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

bassy wrote: »

Lidl had it for €25 couple of days ago. Not been in since.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

O'Brien's are doing a buy one, get one half price deal on some very nice Rosé wines.

https://www.obrienswine.ie/collections/rose-buy-1-get-2nd-half-price

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

RayCon wrote: »

Do you happen to know if they are in store now? I don’t fancy heading there and queueing for ages only to find they are not there.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lola_86

Not yesterday they weren't- and also none of the 25% off 6 or more bottles of wine offer that they usually do either........

There are very few specials running in Dunnes (or elsewhere) in comparison to normal times- I guess their costbase has shot up- and they're saving money by not running offers (other than their 10-off-50 offer- which is ongoing).

Thanks! Saves me a trip over! Pitty no offers, thought that there would be with the bank holiday this wkend but I guess their booze sales have sky rocketed the last few weeks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lola_86 wrote: »
    Thanks! Saves me a trip over! Pitty no offers, thought that there would be with the bank holiday this wkend but I guess their booze sales have sky rocketed the last few weeks!

Think they normally do their offers on a Tuesday? Maybe given the mayhem, they might put up some offer later in the week? I'm pulling at straws. I'd love 25% back off wine- I have my eye on a few nice Pinot Grigios for when they're on special, the regular price is just too damn high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

Think they normally do their offers on a Tuesday? Maybe given the mayhem, they might put up some offer later in the week? I'm pulling at straws. I'd love 25% back off wine- I have my eye on a few nice Pinot Grigios for when they're on special, the regular price is just too damn high.

Or ring the store and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,554 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dunnes
    Carlsberg 20x300ml bottles €16
    Bulmers 20x300ml bottles €20

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dunnes was clean out of guinness slabs this afternoon
    what are the chances that they will replenish the stock if i head up tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭RayCon

Do you happen to know if they are in store now? I don’t fancy heading there and queueing for ages only to find they are not there.

Thanks

I got some in Clonee earlier ..... but my local in Celbridge didn't have them out on the floor yet so I guess it depends on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roald Dahl

I was in Tesco on Saturday and they had two bottles of Aperol for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seve OB wrote: »
    Dunnes was clean out of guinness slabs this afternoon
    what are the chances that they will replenish the stock if i head up tomorrow?

Usually it's Thursday in the papers the offers are displayed, we are in a bit of an unknown now but I'd expect whatever deals are going to be on to be starting tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

That's a great price, alright.....I get tonic from Amazon in bulk, normally. 24 x 200ml bottles of Fever tree can be had for around £24stg if you keep an eye out. Same with double dutch, which can be got for cheaper again.

Never tried poacher's well, had to google it. Their site seems to be just a placeholder, I might tweet them to see if you can buy it directly from them.

Thank you, got the double dutch. Much prefer the 200ml bottle than the 150ml cans. Will keep an eye out for fever tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco have a few offers

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00005141&icid=Top_Offers_drinks

6 bottles of wine for €40 & 6 bottles for €50 usual bottles they always have.
    Guiness & Heineken 24 cans 500ml for €28
    Budweiser & Stella 24 500ml cans for €25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

rob316 wrote: »
    Heineken gives me the worst hangovers. Awful stuff

Nah heinekenis grand. Peroni is lethal though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Supervalu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement