Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 - See MOD note in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

I think that last sentence deserves some clarification. I’m not aware of any controversy being ‘not too far’ from him.

Ah well, it must not be true then!!! Vote freely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Ah well, it must not be true then!!! Vote freely.

Jaysus you insinuate something, then your asked to clarify what controversy and now the still unknown controversy must not be true. Just throwing mud and hoping something sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Sinn Fein gets my vote this time

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Jonybgud wrote: »
    Sinn Fein gets my vote this time

Is it because of David Culliane or sinn Feins policies in general?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Eddie Mulligan got selected because of the work he has been doing over last few years for the people of Waterford, especially with the Waterford City Business groups, he might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is hardworking and those in FF see that he is probably their best hope of taking a 2nd seat. The alternative to Eddie was Eamon Quinlan. Jason Murphy wasn't interested in running.

FF seem certain that Mary Butler will hold her seat, especially now that Paudie Coffey won't be running, me personally, I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Eddie Mulligan got selected because of the work he has been doing over last few years for the people of Waterford, especially with the Waterford City Business groups, he might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is hardworking and those in FF see that he is probably their best hope of taking a 2nd seat. The alternative to Eddie was Eamon Quinlan. Jason Murphy wasn't interested in running.

FF seem certain that Mary Butler will hold her seat, especially now that Paudie Coffey won't be running, me personally, I'm not so sure.

I think she will unfortunately but she will far from top the poll like last time.
    I think in no particular order it will be SF, Green, Butler for FF and Cummins FG
    I would like to see Mary Butler lose her seat but I don’t think she will

I’m surprised to see John Cummins name in there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I’m surprised to see John Cummins name in there tbh.

I think that there is a string city/county divide between the 2 FG candidates and there are a good deal more votes in the city which will favor John.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭jmcc

If the %s from the Sunday Times/B&A poll play out, FG might not get a seat in Waterford.

FF 32%
    FG 20%
    SF 19%
    Greens 7%
    Labour 4%

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Green's have no chance of a seat in Waterford while Mary Butler is guaranteed. Was home this weekend and barley a FG poster to see (all Butler) and I hear some who would usually put FG up are not doing it this year.

I do think they will really struggle for a seat however I would be astounded if they don't get the fourth seat.

What is worrying is FF will have a Taoiseach and Finance Minister in Cork city. Yes FG had the same in Dublin however I think Cork based will be much worse for Waterford.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Green's have no chance of a seat in Waterford while Mary Butler is guaranteed. Was home this weekend and barley a FG poster to see (all Butler) and I hear some who would usually put FG up are not doing it this year.

I do think they will really struggle for a seat however I would be astounded if they don't get the fourth seat.

What is worrying is FF will have a Taoiseach and Finance Minister in Cork city. Yes FG had the same in Dublin however I think Cork based will be much worse for Waterford.

I don’t agree with you re Greens having no hope, I dont think Marc will get a seat, but he will poll very well, someone like Una Dunphy will have “no hope”. However I 100% agree with you on the FF Cork bit, that would be disastrous for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

I think it’s reasonable to assume that at least one of the four TDs elected will have some position within government. On this basis we need individuals who will fight tooth and nail for Waterford and be strong.

For me this means Cullinane and Mulligan for sure. I wouldn’t doubt their determination. For the rest I really don’t know, I’ll have to see the final list and take a view - I’m open to anybody who ticks the box for me.

I see Joe Kelly (Independent) has decided to run now also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think that it more probably suggests that a lot of people who support SF frequent that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Fianna Fáil election candidate Eddie Mulligan disqualified from being company director

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/01/20/eddie-mulligan-disqualified-from-being-company-director/

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-election-candidate-was-disqualified-from-being-company-director-1.4144719?mode=amp&localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Election+2020:+Fine+Gael+and+Fianna+F%C3%A1il+set+to+reveal+spending+plans+worth+billions&utm_campaign=morning_briefing_digest

I see someone must think that Eddie mulligan has a chance. The dirty politics have commenced. Personally, and this bus nothing do you with the fact that he’s a DLS man too, I’d be even more supportive of him now. So, he owes some money - who doesn’t 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Teebor15

DLS_75 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-election-candidate-was-disqualified-from-being-company-director-1.4144719?mode=amp&localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Election+2020:+Fine+Gael+and+Fianna+F%C3%A1il+set+to+reveal+spending+plans+worth+billions&utm_campaign=morning_briefing_digest

I see someone must think that Eddie mulligan has a chance. The dirty politics have commenced. Personally, and this bus nothing do you with the fact that he’s a DLS man too, I’d be even more supportive of him now. So, he owes some money - who doesn’t 😂

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fianna Fáil election candidate Eddie Mulligan disqualified from being company director

Ah it's ff, he ll be grand

Genuinely though - how does that affect bus ability to fight for Waterford? I would argue that it makes him even more qualified for the job.

In other news, a friend of mine received an unsolicited text from a candidate who will remain nameless asking if he wanted to join his canvassing team. Is that allowed?

• Advertisement

DLS_75 wrote:
    Genuinely though - how does that affect bus ability to fight for Waterford? I would argue that it makes him even more qualified for the job.

Absolutely, tax evasion/avoidance is a good thing, it absolutely should be encouraged

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Absolutely, tax evasion/avoidance is a good thing, it absolutely should be encouraged

You didn’t answer the question. Mick Wallace was at it on a much grander scale and the people of Wexford tbink he’s a political messiah

DLS_75 wrote:
    You didn’t answer the question. Mick Wallace was at it on a much grander scale and the people of Wexford tbink he’s a political messiah

Oh I don't think this will affect him at all really, or ff for that matter, this is gonna be an easy election for them. I like Wallace myself, I'd imagine some folks in wexford hate him though

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Oh I don't think this will affect him at all really, or ff for that matter, this is gonna be an easy election for them. I like Wallace myself, I'd imagine some folks in wexford hate him though

The people he owes money to probably

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Teebor15

In other news, a friend of mine received an unsolicited text from a candidate who will remain nameless asking if he wanted to join his canvassing team. Is that allowed?

DLS_75 wrote:
    The people he owes money to probably

Possibly, and possibly people that just don't like him, the issues every other candidate has

Teebor15 wrote: »

Are you okay there? You seem to have a permanent grin there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

It's really, really important to pay your taxes. Maybe if elected he proposes to work a couple of years for free to compensate the public finances for what he owes.

If an individual has to go bankrupt I don't think they can run or be in office.

hardybuck wrote: »
    It's really, really important to pay your taxes. Maybe if elected he proposes to work a couple of years for free to compensate the public finances for what he owes.

If an individual has to go bankrupt I don't think they can run or be in office.

That rule has changed now. I remember hearing Paudie Coffey day it in an interview about his case against Iconic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gardner

that's Eddie ****ed. all over social media. some bucko this guy has turned out to be. A scab to the independent voter and now tax evasion. Any evidence of screwing over local businesses?

DT did a fine job on Matt Shanahan's lies last week.

Advertisement