Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

Orebro wrote: »
    How does this work? Say you have a Vodafone number and you order a new GoMo number - at a later date you can port your Vodafone number over to GoMo and this takes over from the GoMo number you had been using? Never knew you could do this.

Yes, and that's what happens with all ports, whether you do it immediately or at a later time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Qrt

Anyone who moved from Eir 30 day contracts to GoMo: were you refunded for the advance period (or part thereof) you didn’t use?

I got nearly €8 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Regarding customer services I has reason to contact Tesco Mobile a few times over the last few weeks . I found them excellent quick response and helpfull I was using web chat which because of my lack of tying skills was a bit fustrating but that was my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I detected 5G on my Gomo sim in Tallaght in two different locations today. Data didn't work but I wasn't able to stay in the area for long enough to properly test. Will try tomorrow again.

Wonder if the APN for 5G is different than 2/3/4G. Eir 5G is only available on bill pay with handset. Would need someone with eir 5G plan to check their settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Wonder if the APN for 5G is different than 2/3/4G. Eir 5G is only available on bill pay with handset. Would need someone with eir 5G plan to check their settings.
    That's what I was thinking but I haven't been able to find any 5G related Eir APN's yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Qrt wrote: »
    Anyone who moved from Eir 30 day contracts to GoMo: were you refunded for the advance period (or part thereof) you didn’t use?

I got nearly €8 back.

Yes, got invoice with €8 credit balance. Don't know how to get the cash though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Qrt

BowWow wrote: »
    Yes, got invoice with €8 credit balance. Don't know how to get the cash though...

I just did a webchat, gave them my IBAN and it was mine in 3-4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I detected 5G on my Gomo sim in Tallaght in two different locations today. Data didn't work but I wasn't able to stay in the area for long enough to properly test. Will try tomorrow again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=499604&stc=1&d=1578597697

Interesting thanks for sharing, keep us posted if you can use data. Were you connected to a VPN or something maybe that's why it failed?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I have still a lot of eir call credit. I think I will order a sim and port later.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

august12 wrote: »
    Yes, extra charge for MMS as outside the 9.99 bundle.

By mms do you mean a text ?. The gomo offer states all calls, text, data, and roaming for 9.99 per month. Am I incorrect here ?

• Advertisement

By mms do you mean a text ?. The gomo offer states all calls, text, data, and roaming for 9.99 per month. Am I incorrect here ?

Texts are SMSs. MMSs are extra, as stated here.

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Correct, except for MMS, they are media messages and are not part of the package.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Hey, just FYI, I needed to sign off for it when it was delivered today, so I missed it.
    I don't know if any of you had a different experience but if you order it, in my case, you have to be in to sign for the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Hi folks - does anyone know of a reliable seller on ebay or elsewhere for an unlock code for an Iphone 5 on vodafone ireland network?
    I have tried searching on ebay but nearly all are for Samsung phones or else are looking for extortionate prices - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

gonzo1 wrote: »
    Hi folks - does anyone know of a reliable seller on ebay or elsewhere for an unlock code for an Iphone 5 on vodafone ireland network?
    I have tried searching on ebay but nearly all are for Samsung phones or else are looking for extortionate prices - thanks

How long have you got the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

okidoki987 wrote: »
    How long have you got the phone?

about 5 years - I was going to contact vodafone, but have seen replies here with people waiting 20 days or more with no response from vodafone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

about 5 years - I was going to contact vodafone, but have seen replies here with people waiting 20 days or more with no response from vodafone :mad:

Mine took a day through Vodafone OK be last year, thought there was an option to do it online on the my Vodafone page

I've been trying to port a Three number from Three to GoMo via the GoMo online form.

It's 'currently porting' for the last 3 days now. Anyone been stuck like this? Should I cancel the port and try again? Or let it be for a bit longer?

(I ported a Tesco number and it only took 5 minutes, if even that, so this has me slightly concerned).

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I've been trying to port a Three number from Three to GoMo via the GoMo online form.

It's 'currently porting' for the last 3 days now. Anyone been stuck like this? Should I cancel the port and try again? Or let it be for a bit longer?

(I ported a Tesco number and it only took 5 minutes, if even that, so this has me slightly concerned).

Cheers :)
    Ask them on online chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There are no unlock codes for iPhone. An unlock signal has to be sent by Apple via iTunes. When I used to unlock phones we had an insider in each of the networks that we would bribe to ask Apple to send the unlock signal, that's how most unofficial iPhone unlocking works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=499604&stc=1&d=1578597697

So got access to it today. 5G speeds are not super but are consistent. There appears to be two towers in Tallaght. One just outside the village is on but not at full 5G speeds. The one in the village centre appears to not be working on 5G even though my phone detects it.

The speeds in the 5G screenshots are real 5G because as I passed during a speedtest from 5g to 4g speeds dropped immiadiately. looks like Gomo will for now connect to 5G without special APN's.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/111q-LdqaNTe9Zf02liGmOLiEcH6y85vD?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

So got access to it today. 5G speeds are not super but are consistent. There appears to be two towers in Tallaght. One just outside the village is on but not at full 5G speeds. The one in the village centre appears to not be working on 5G even though my phone detects it.

The speeds in the 5G screenshots are real 5G because as I passed during a speedtest from 5g to 4g speeds dropped immiadiately. looks like Gomo will for now connect to 5G without special APN's.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/111q-LdqaNTe9Zf02liGmOLiEcH6y85vD?usp=sharing
    That's great news, all I need now is a 5G phone to go with my 9.99 a month plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

I mean that's quite common for pretty much any company that uses live chat, they're likely dealing with multiple people simultaneously at a time. Many Irish companies don't have live chat support and most certainly don't have representatives on Boards so I wouldn't judge Eir too much for no longer having their own forum. I also wouldn't judge someone's character based on your lack of patience due to the mistake you made, I would recommend having a breather and trying their live chat service again tomorrow. :)

Don't go near their live chat service if you value your sanity.

Used it many times and never got close to getting issue fixed. You tell them your issue and they go off on a tangent about something completed unrelated to what you said!

Best bet is to just ring Eir on 1901 and pick option most suited to what you need. Do with your ma beside you as probably won't speak to you as not account holder, have account number to hand when ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Qrt wrote: »

I got nearly €8 back.

Oh that's good I might be in same boat as you must keep an eye out on future bills. Move not scheduled until next Thursday as just moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

https://nac.vodafone.ie is what you need. Should get a response back in 2-3 days and the unlock signal 3-4 days after that, that's been my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got my sim today and chose to use my previous number which is PAYG from 3. What are the next steps?

Edit - I logged into my gomo account and it says your number is due to move on the 20th. Can it be moved quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Got my sim today and chose to use my previous number which is PAYG from 3. What are the next steps?

Edit - I logged into my gomo account and it says your number is due to move on the 20th. Can it be moved quicker?

Yes!

I had my originally scheduled for the 17th - My sim arrived yesterday, so I logged into gomo account and moved it forward to 10am this morning. Port was done automatically without any dramas by 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I doubt it as they are probably swamped with people trying to get the deal before it ends

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

click on update my move

ordered sim yesterday, got it this morning, put it in phone (dual sim phone) changed it to 1pm today
    so dont know if you have to put the sim in the phone so they know you have it

heres hopefully to saving €300 a year compared to my vodafone sim only account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ordered last week, arrived Tuesday, couldn't port number till Wednesday, set to port yesterday at 8am, still nothing at 10am today was told by Live Chat that it would take 24 hours (sigh) eventually she admitted that port had been "stalled" so new port set at 10:30 today being told it would take another 24 hours so 10:30 tomorrow morning

Anybody else with such issues? I know the OH was moved in a matter of minutes and a few others on the thread similarly

Getting quite annoying now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement