Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Aquos76 wrote: »
    5G no good to us iPhone users so no loss😜

Don't worry, we'll do a whip-round!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

bfa1509 wrote: »

Any more pics of her? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There are three types of 5G and currently no device that can use all three. Could be that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Any more pics of her? :)

Creepy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Get email confirmation from 3 and check your next bill, some customers who got same deal were overcharged in subsequent bills and had to chase 3 to resolve it.

Yep have screenshots of our conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Ported all my 4 sims to GoMo last week, no hassle, all working fine. I used to switch provider every 5-6 months depending on the offer and I'm very much looking forward to not having to move again.

Next step is to get the $$$ back from virginmobile that they overcharged me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

unkel wrote: »
    Ported all my 4 sims to GoMo last week, no hassle, all working fine. I used to switch provider every 5-6 months depending on the offer and I'm very much looking forward to not having to move again.

Next step is to get the $$$ back from virginmobile that they overcharged me :rolleyes:

Anyone find porting slower over weekend, was supposed to port yesterday at 9am

Joziburg wrote: »
    Anyone find porting slower over weekend, was supposed to port yesterday at 9am

Yes there are hundreds of posts in this thread of people having trouble after trying to port outside of business hours, some who have gotten stuck in limbo for weeks by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

GarIT wrote: »
    Yes there are hundreds of posts in this thread of people having trouble after trying to port outside of business hours, some who have gotten stuck in limbo for weeks by doing so.

My port was originally set to happen on the October bank holiday, I noticed, changed it, then it worked like a wonder the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

When I was booking a porting date/time, it would only allow an option during business hours.

• Advertisement

Scottie99 wrote: »
    When I was booking a porting date/time, it would only allow an option during business hours.

Yes same for me, it would only allow me to select a time between 8:00 - 16:00(maybe 18:00?)

How many different ways are there to set a port time? If it's impossible to select a time outside of business hours online what method was used where this issue happened?

Edit: I believe it did allow me to select a Sunday, could that have caused an issue?

tuxy wrote: »
    How many different ways are there to set a port time? If it's impossible to select a time outside of business hours online what method was used where this issue happened?

Edit: I believe it did allow me to select a Sunday, could that have caused an issue?

Gomo allow their customers to port outside of business hours. It's just that those customers have been reporting lots of problems and the people who port inside business hours on average seem much more successful with fewer problems.

Gomo allow their customers to port outside of business hours. It's just that those customers have been reporting lots of problems and the people who port inside business hours on average seem much more successful with fewer problems.

When I selected the port time online it restricted me to certain hours.
    How do you go about porting outside of business hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

I ported at 11:00 am on Saturday 11th Jan.

My old SIM went inactive at 10:50am. I put in the GoMo SIM at 11:05 and my phone worked immediately.

I had set the port day and time 5 days in advance.

When I selected the port time online it restricted me to certain hours.
    How do you go about porting outside of business hours?

I've no idea, a decent number of people have done it. The weekend and bank/public holidays are also considered out of business hours.

Like the poster above it can go well, a small % have had endless issues over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

I've no idea, a decent number of people have done it. The weekend and bank/public holidays are also considered out of business hours.

Like the poster above it can go well, a small % have had endless issues over it.

I’ve had issues, supposed to port on sat but nothing and now they have escalated, should be done in “5 days”. Pretty useless to be honest since I’m already waiting 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I've been with Go Mo since November (changed from Three prepay after many years).

My port was more or less seamless, taking about an hour to change over. There was some issues with iMessage, but we'll pin that to Apple as opposed to Go Mo and I was able to resolve it quite easily.

I have notice no real issues in terms of data speed, call quality or texts. I nearly always have 4G and occasionally drops to 3G. I have had one or two instances where mobile data drops whilst on a phone call.

My first bill was just over €10, owing to the iMessage set up. My second bill was €9.99.

In short, I'm quite pleased at present. I'm paying half of what I used to for more service (calls to all networks!) that is operating at par compared to what I had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Deal extended by a few days. Probably will be again until they reach a target.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I've been with Go Mo since November (changed from Three prepay after many years).

My port was more or less seamless, taking about an hour to change over. There was some issues with iMessage, but we'll pin that to Apple as opposed to Go Mo and I was able to resolve it quite easily.

I have notice no real issues in terms of data speed, call quality or texts. I nearly always have 4G and occasionally drops to 3G. I have had one or two instances where mobile data drops whilst on a phone call.

My first bill was just over €10, owing to the iMessage set up. My second bill was €9.99.

In short, I'm quite pleased at present. I'm paying half of what I used to for more service (calls to all networks!) that is operating at par compared to what I had before.

I think the iTunes issue may have been caused by putting in the Gomo SIM before it had your number on it. So iMessage transferred to the Gomo number and then back to your number.

And I remember reading about data during a call via 4g isn't possible, I don't know the details but I think that's normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

I tried to port from Eir there and got text back saying "We tried to move your number to our network but the account number you provided was incorrect or unavailable".

Did anyone get a text like this?

I provided my UAN so should I have provided my own personal account number with Eir instead??

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    I tried to port from Eir there and got text back saying "We tried to move your number to our network but the account number you provided was incorrect or unavailable".

Did anyone get a text like this?

I provided my UAN so should I have provided my own personal account number with Eir instead??

A UAN is for phone lines and broadband only. It does not cover mobile as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

A UAN is for phone lines and broadband only. It does not cover mobile as far as I know.

Ok thanks so they wanted my personal account number?

That makes sense the way it appears on my bill now you said it. I have no UAN beside mobiles at all

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Ok thanks so they wanted my personal account number?

That makes sense the way it appears on my bill now you said it. I have no UAN beside mobiles at all

Since you have broadband and mobile on the same bill I'm not 100% sure what they need.

For me when I ported from Vodafone I gave the account number but it was a bill for mobile service only.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Anyone know if Wifi Calling works on GoMo?

bk wrote: »
    Anyone know if Wifi Calling works on GoMo?

They have no WIFI calling service.
    I'm sure a 3rd party service would work fine since WIFI is not going through the GOMO network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

They have no WIFI calling service.
    I'm sure a 3rd party service would work fine since WIFI is not going through the GOMO network.
    I have it as an option enabled on my sim free Note 10+ 5g with Gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I have it as an option enabled on my sim free Note 10+ 5g with Gomo

Yeah, It's enabled on mine too, but I've not tried it, somebody here said it doesnt work though, even if its coming up enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Would be great if someone could try wifi calling and confirm it doesn't work?

• Advertisement

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Would be great if someone could try wifi calling and confirm it doesn't work?

It sure would!
    My phone does not support it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement