Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

gonzo1 wrote: »
    about 5 years - I was going to contact vodafone, but have seen replies here with people waiting 20 days or more with no response from vodafone :mad:

As paulhardman said, contact vodafone for unlock code.
    As you have been with them for 5 years, they should do it very quickly for you.
    If it was under a year, you might have had a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ordered last week, arrived Tuesday, couldn't port number till Wednesday, set to port yesterday at 8am, still nothing at 10am today was told by Live Chat that it would take 24 hours (sigh) eventually she admitted that port had been "stalled" so new port set at 10:30 today being told it would take another 24 hours so 10:30 tomorrow morning

Anybody else with such issues? I know the OH was moved in a matter of minutes and a few others on the thread similarly

Getting quite annoying now

Mine ported this morning as I had planned, it took a few minutes.
    No idea what's going, the port is very fast for some and full of problems for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Still not ported, should have ported yesterday 12.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

2 mins

everything seems to be working

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Managed to speak to Gomo, apparently my port must have frozen, start the port again.
    update scheduled my port again for today 14.00,so take it it will be 24hrs from this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

I am currently tethered to a Landline Broadband service that is achieving poor speeds.... approx 5Mbps
    My current provider provides a VOIP service for calls as part of a bundle.
    I use between 40-60 GB download per month.

Were I to switch to GOMO SIM in a 4G Router...what VOIP provider(s) can be recommended.
    I want to Port and keep my existing Landline Number. (021) XXX XXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

moceri wrote: »
    I am currently tethered to a Landline Broadband service that is achieving poor speeds.... approx 5Mbps

Were I to switch to GOMO SIM in a 4G Router...what VOIP provider(s) can be recommended.

Using Goldfish.ie here and gs wave app on mobile phone. Only used for incoming calls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

I'm still in contract for another 6 months if I purchase a Gomo card now can I port my number when my contract is up?

tnegun wrote: »
    I'm still in contract for another 6 months if I purchase a Gomo card now can I port my number when my contract is up?

Yes as long as you pay the ten euro per month in the meantime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Looks like everything went smooth. Did anyone with an iPhone have to go into settings - phone and edit their number to the one they’re keeping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Those that are having trouble porting... Who's on an Eir Bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

moceri wrote: »

You won't need to do anything with the GoMo SIM
    All it will do is provide your broadband connection so there is no need to port any number to it.
    You will need to port your landline number to your new VoIP provider.
    My home place has been using Vomino for VoIP for the past four years or so without issue over wireless internet.
    We ported their number to them at the time. Fairly painless.
    We pay a one off fee annually of aroun 110 euro for all national and mobile calls. Might cover international as well. Can't recall.
    http://vomino.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Irishvoip.com for your 021 number. 25 euro per annum
    https://www.irishvoip.com/payg.php

If possible, get a router that allows using the gomo calls through the router phone port, discussion here...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112213154

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

Looks like everything went smooth. Did anyone with an iPhone have to go into settings - phone and edit their number to the one they’re keeping?

Ported successfully this morning too. Had used the sim in an iphone for a week beforehand. Phone asked me to edit the number which I did after the port.

Another happy customer so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

I was ported yesterday. My mobile data usage shows 2GB. Should it not show 80GB? I updated the APN settings as mentioned in previous posts.

Tks

lockup35 wrote: »
    I was ported yesterday. My mobile data usage shows 2GB. Should it not show 80GB? I updated the APN settings as mentioned in previous posts.

Tks

That's your phone's default data warning level, nothing to do with Gomo, you can change it to whatever value you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bored.1e

Hi. Don't know if this was asked before. But how can you port your number to Gomo if you don't get a confirmation or text from your other network ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Bored.1e wrote: »
    Hi. Don't know if this was asked before. But how can you port your number to Gomo if you don't get a confirmation or text from your other network ? Thanks

Your current network won't send you a text. Gomo will put in the port request, once ported your current sim card will stop working, put the Gomo sim into your phone and away you go.

Gomo sends a verification code to the SIM of donor network before porting. The donor network doesn't have any function in sending anything.

AFAIK the donor network can block the port if there is an active contract in place. There have been some reports of ports (out of contract) failing and this may be because the donor network has blocked the port for an unknown reason, maybe they weren't happy to be losing so many customers to gomo but that would be unprofessional...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Gomo sends a verification code to the SIM of donor network before porting. The donor network doesn't have any function in sending anything.

AFAIK the donor network can block the port if there is an active contract in place. There have been some reports of ports (out of contract) failing and this may be because the donor network has blocked the port for an unknown reason, maybe they weren't happy to be losing so many customers to gomo but that would be unprofessional...

porting out cannot be manually blocked. that would be against the regulations.
    Also, being in contract does not stop porting. Early termination fees usually apply in such cases (same way they apply if you cancel your contract before term). if a port is hanging in there, most likely there are some technical issues with it which require manual intervention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Ported during the week without any problems, was a bit worried as while a lot of people have moved there dies seem to have been a lot of issues (or maybe only those with problems post here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Just contacted 3, they “matched” but only for 12 months. Decided to go with that.
    Transferred my daughter onto GOMO from Eir.
    Seems we’ve only a few days left.

Many thanks.

Just contacted 3, they “matched” but only for 12 months. Decided to go with that.

Get email confirmation from 3 and check your next bill, some customers who got same deal were overcharged in subsequent bills and had to chase 3 to resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Anyone think the new improved GoMo to be announced next week will be worth the extra fiver a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Anyone think the new improved GoMo to be announced next week will be worth the extra fiver a week?

In what way will it be improved?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BENDYBINN wrote: »

What new improved GoMo?
    Same brand.
    Same network.
    Same services.
    Just a price increase after the initial offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Port finally happened, took 26 hours but it actually happened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Was a 48 customer until swapped to go mo a month ago . Have been having a little difficultly with signal or people hearing me (it’s brand new phone so it’s not that )Was up in Northern Ireland today and no internet and took me getting home for my normal service to come back (had switched phone off and on to see but nothing ) . Going to cancel and go back to 48 . Not that impressed to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

5G no good to us iPhone users so no loss😜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement