Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

Did the port take long?

I moved from Tesco and it was done in about 5 minutes. Tesco went dead, swapped sims, and GoMo was up and running with my number.

I'm swapping my dad over, too, and he's prepay with 3. However, i chose to have him port over at 9am on the 7th, and his phone is still with 3, and the number on the GoMo account online is still the 'old' number that gomo sent out with the sim card (rather than updating to the ported number).

Wondering if i should be getting in touch with them or giving them a tad more time with it.

yeah happened pretty much bang on when id booked

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

I have ported my number to gomo but now I discover my phone is locked to 3 how do I sort this out. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

zetor 4911 wrote:
    I have ported my number to gomo but now I discover my phone is locked to 3 how do I sort this out. Thanks in advance

You will have to request the unlock code from Three. The procedure can be found on three.ie. Alternatively you may be able to get it unlocked by a local mobile repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Sent these guys a new password request before Christmas 19. They said they would email me immediately but still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

stanley1 wrote: »
    will new offer include 5G

I can't dig up the article while on mobile but a Gomo spokesperson told an Irish newspaper that Gomo users already have access to 5G (if they have a 5G phone). Just Google GoMo 5G. The quote was something like "there are no differences between Eir customers and Gomo customers in relation to 5G". Eir has 5G so if there's no difference then Gomo has 5G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Please update your APN settings.

Go to the Start screen.
    Choose Apps.
    Choose Settings.
    Choose Data usage.
    If Mobile data is disabled, enable Mobile data and choose the back symbol.
    If Mobile data is enabled, choose the back symbol.
    Choose Mobile networks.
    Choose Access Point Names.
    Choose ADD.
    Under Name, enter eir Mobile data
    Under APN, enter data.myeirmobile.ie
    Under Proxy, enter nothing
    Under Port, enter nothing
    Under Username, enter nothing
    Under Password, enter nothing
    Scroll down.
    Under MCC, enter 353
    Under MNC, do nothing
    Under Authentication type, tick None.
    Choose APN type.
    If this screen appears, enter default,supl (note: in lower case) and choose OK.
    If this screen does not appear, tick Internet and choose OK.

Kind Regards
    Customer Care GoMo.

Can't believe they're still sending out the wrong settings, they are just making problems worse with their misinformation.

The 3 entries that matter are...

MCC 272
    MNC 03
    APN can be either...
    data.mymeteor.ie
    OR
    data.myeirmobile.ie

The other option is to reset APN to default which is available within settings.

funnyname wrote: »
    All ok for me bar I'm not able to see any MMS, anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

Download WhatsApp or even better signal or telegram. I don't know the actual answer but MMS is being phased out and will be removed from phones in the near future. iMessage and Google RCS somewhat replaces it.

Actually some phones have APN settings for data and MMS separate.

Does anyone know if there are extra charges for MMS? I'll probably never use it but I'm curious.

dougm1970 wrote: »
    that 28 day top up on 3...thats 13 months per year...or 13 'monthly' payments per year...silly as that sounds.

Some financial calendars have 13 months, civil service roster and holiday calendars have 13 months (or at least 13 4 week blocks, not sure if they call them months) but a 13 month calendar isn't actually that uncommon, it is a cheeky trick for extra revenue though.

Too late now but the correct procedure is to get unlock code when the contract finishes. If you request a code now 3 might not help as you're not a customer anymore, even if they don't ignore the request, it may take a while to get it.

Depending on the phone, it may be reasonably inexpensive to get an unlock code from ebay. What phone is it?

You might be lucky and three may help you unlock it so try that first but don't be surprised if they don't help.

In any case don't mix up gomo SIM PINs with the SIM Network Unlock PIN, they are completely different and too many attempts with the wrong code will possibly lock the phone completely although it may still work with a 3 SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Glebee

zetor 4911 wrote: »

I done the exact same before Christmas. Kicked myself when I realised my phone was locked to 3 and that I had not unlocked previously.. Requested an unlock on 3 web chat. Was told it can take up to 21 days to get an unlock code as 3 have to get code from phone manufacturer. Got emailed an unlock code within 5 hours from 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

GarIT wrote: »
    Download WhatsApp or even better signal or telegram. I don't know the actual answer but MMS is being phased out and will be removed from phones in the near future. iMessage and Google RCS somewhat replaces it.

Actually some phones have APN settings for data and MMS separate.

Does anyone know if there are extra charges for MMS? I'll probably never use it but I'm curious.
    Yes, extra charge for MMS as outside the 9.99 bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Is it possible to port a number to GoMo a few weeks after signing up for the deal ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Too late now but the correct procedure is to get unlock code when the contract finishes. If you request a code now 3 might not help as you're not a customer anymore, even if they don't ignore the request, it may take a while to get it.

Depending on the phone, it may be reasonably inexpensive to get an unlock code from ebay. What phone is it?

You might be lucky and three may help you unlock it so try that first but don't be surprised if they don't help.

In any case don't mix up gomo SIM PINs with the SIM Network Unlock PIN, they are completely different and too many attempts with the wrong code will possibly lock the phone completely although it may still work with a 3 SIM.

Thanks for the reply the phone is a samsung J3

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Is it possible to port a number to GoMo a few weeks after signing up for the deal ?

Yes.

Thanks for the reply the phone is a samsung J3

Unlock code from eBay sellers costs 12-15 euro

Try getting code from 3 first as that won't cost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

I know some people suggest using ebay for unlocking phones, I use adverts myself this place charges 17euro for the latest samsing s10 phones it could be cheaper for the older phones I found him very helpful http://www.adverts.ie/18495158 j

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Qrt

Yes.

25c per MMS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

A gangster on ebay tried to charge me 50 to unlock a huewi phone. Max burns tallaght charged me a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 johnjohnjohn

looking for assistance. im looking to sign up and keep my number. when i put my number in its saying that my network is meteor. im actually on eir and just wondering if this will make any difference if i proceed? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Vic_08

looking for assistance. im looking to sign up and keep my number. when i put my number in its saying that my network is meteor. im actually on eir and just wondering if this will make any difference if i proceed? TIA

No, that's won't be a problem. eir have owned Meteor for many years but dropped the name 2 years ago, as Meteor was the original name of the mobile network it can still appear on this sort of thing.

even though Meteor/eir/gomo is all part of the same company you will still have to port through that online form.

• Advertisement

You don't have to port straight away, IMO wait until the SIM arrives, check that it works OK and that the phone number allocated matches the SIM phone number.

You can port your number at any future date.

So choose a new number when ordering rather than keep your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

the state of eir.
    Mother has house phone/broadband/mobile with them on a decent enough deal.
    i ordered one of these sims meanwhile to cut her bills.
    tried logging in to see a previous bill as i wanted to see how long she has on contract and how much it is too (i think i remember eir can get 10/month if you have a house phone with them anyway so maybe i didnt need to switch her).
    anyway the previous bill is showing as paid.
    when i try to open it to see the breakdown their website says she have never had a bill before. you will get your first one next month.
    so i open chat support, send them exact issue, weblinks and detail on each page.
    Next the lovely Saluge start asking me my name.
    1 minute passes.
    what is your account number
    1 minute passes.
    what is your date of birth.
    Now at this stage and me flicking between windows, modifying weblinks to see if i can fix up stuff, i somehow closed the window after giving all the info.
    so i logged back again and he starts again.
    anyway i decided to go to boards to cut out all this sh*t as they have a stupid technical glitch and first level support wasnt going to help.
    they shut their boards.ie support last march. huzzah.
    well email so.
    nope. they have facebook, twitter, call support for a few hours a day, or Mr Saluge who is a bundle of joy with his 1 minute response times asking for some other information or he cannot do anything. NO EMAIL SUPPORT LINKED?!
    i filled out their feedback form with the issue. hopefully it gets bumped up to techies to fix.
    /rant. sorry. needed to vent somewhere about eir and they closed their boards forum.

kenyard wrote: »
    the state of eir.
    Mother has house phone/broadband/mobile with them on a decent enough deal.
    i ordered one of these sims meanwhile to cut her bills.
    tried logging in to see a previous bill as i wanted to see how long she has on contract and how much it is too (i think i remember eir can get 10/month if you have a house phone with them anyway so maybe i didnt need to switch her).
    anyway the previous bill is showing as paid.
    when i try to open it to see the breakdown their website says she have never had a bill before. you will get your first one next month.
    so i open chat support, send them exact issue, weblinks and detail on each page.
    Next the lovely Saluge start asking me my name.
    1 minute passes.
    what is your account number
    1 minute passes.
    what is your date of birth.
    Now at this stage and me flicking between windows, modifying weblinks to see if i can fix up stuff, i somehow closed the window after giving all the info.
    so i logged back again and he starts again.
    anyway i decided to go to boards to cut out all this sh*t as they have a stupid technical glitch and first level support wasnt going to help.

they shut their boards.ie support last march. huzzah.
    well email so.
    nope. they have facebook, twitter, call support for a few hours a day, or Mr Saluge who is a bundle of joy with his 1 minute response times asking for some other information or he cannot do anything. NO EMAIL SUPPORT LINKED?!
    i filled out their feedback form with the issue. hopefully it gets bumped up to techies to fix.
    /rant. sorry. needed to vent somewhere about eir and they closed their boards forum.

I mean that's quite common for pretty much any company that uses live chat, they're likely dealing with multiple people simultaneously at a time. Many Irish companies don't have live chat support and most certainly don't have representatives on Boards so I wouldn't judge Eir too much for no longer having their own forum. I also wouldn't judge someone's character based on your lack of patience due to the mistake you made, I would recommend having a breather and trying their live chat service again tomorrow. :)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I mean that's quite common for pretty much any company that uses live chat, they're likely dealing with multiple people at at a time. Many Irish companies don't have live chat support and most certainly don't have representatives on Boards so I wouldn't judge Eir too much for no longer having their own forum. I also wouldn't judge someone's character based on your lack of patience due to the mistake you made, I would recommend having a breather and trying their live chat service again tomorrow. :)

Yep, all the networks have recently been stripping back their customer support.

Eir, Vodafone and Three all closed their Boards forums. Vodafone also closed their own online community, culled email support as well and have made it next to impossible to be able to get talking to a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, all the networks have recently been stripping back their customer support.

Eir, Vodafone and Three all closed their Boards forums. Vodafone also closed their own online community, culled email support as well and have made it next to impossible to be able to get talking to a human.

Spent an hour trying to get an answer to a question yesterday from Eir without success.
    Person or Bot on other side just kept sending me the same generic message after each question.
    Was eventually told to ring 1901 instead.
    Gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah I’d say 5G will be in the new offer (or later, whenever it gets more popular - whenever the next iPhone launches) and definitely not in the lifetime one.
    I detected 5G on my Gomo sim in Tallaght in two different locations today. Data didn't work but I wasn't able to stay in the area for long enough to properly test. Will try tomorrow again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=499604&stc=1&d=1578597697

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I detected 5G on my Gomo sim in Tallaght in two different locations today. Data didn't work but I wasn't able to stay in the area for long enough to properly test. Will try tomorrow again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=499604&stc=1&d=1578597697

What kind of phone are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What kind of phone are you using?
    Note 10+ 5G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Orebro

Ten Pin wrote: »
    You don't have to port straight away, IMO wait until the SIM arrives, check that it works OK and that the phone number allocated matches the SIM phone number.

You can port your number at any future date.

So choose a new number when ordering rather than keep your number.

How does this work? Say you have a Vodafone number and you order a new GoMo number - at a later date you can port your Vodafone number over to GoMo and this takes over from the GoMo number you had been using? Never knew you could do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ordered 2nd SIM Tuesday night, arrived in post today.
    Big change from waiting time on first one in November!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement