Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    extended until the 15th now

Of course and then it will go to €15 with loads of special offer days where you can get it for €9.99. The special offers will be frequent so everyone who wants to switch will know to wait for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i did not know this was common knowledge
    thanks for sharing

Sorry, I just meant that I think they will continue to offer it at the same price for the foreseeable future. The deadlines are just a way to get people to sign up ASAP because of fear of missing out.
    It's just a guess, I could be wrong but I think it's a fairly logical marketing tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭webpal

I signed up on 2nd with a port date of 9th, received sim yesterday so went online to update port date to yesterday evening and went without a hitch. All good so far.

Was with 3 for years but final straw was data cost. Rebooted my phone a few times and data switched itself on, which meant it was running in the background without me knowing at €1 per mb. Not 3’s fault but anytime I build up some extra credit to buy something on play store, I would manage to lose it somehow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OFFER EXTENDED FOR 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

another poster said the same company set up in another country in europe with this style and then went to €15 a month
    The operator Free in France (from the same parent company as Eir/GoMo) has 30-day contracts with unlimited calls and SMS (France only) for €2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Funky_Corsa

Do they have a webchat or an email address? I can't find it.

I have just ordered a SIM, but when I try to verify my account, it says my DOB is incorrect - which it isn't. Possibly I typed it wrong during setup, but I would be confident enough that I didn't.

I can't contact them, as I need to sign to do so, but i can't login until I verify my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

https://gomo.ie/last-updates/
    GoMo, Ireland’s newest and best value mobile phone service which launched on October 15th 2019 has issued a “last call” for consumers to get €9.99 a month mobile for life by announcing the extension of it’s introductory offer for one more week to Wednesday 15th January. This is the last chance to get all calls, all texts and all data for €9.99 a month for life with GoMo. It is confirmed that a new but also limited time mobile offer will launch early on the morning of Wednesday 15th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matt3326

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    I have a few questions if anyone can answer. I am with 3 on bill pay and now out of contract do I need to let 3 know I am leaving? If I transfer to GOMO today will 3 bill me for the full month of January? Is there a risk in transferring to GOMO that I could loose my existing number?

You shouldn't need to give notice if you're out of contract. No harm in calling them up and giving notice just in case though.

GoMo charge you €9.99 for the sim card manufacturing and delivery when you order. The 1st of the next month will be your first bill for service. You effectively get free service from when you order until the end of the calendar month. Don't know how Three will bill you, if you move before your next billing date chances are you won't get another bill issued.

There should be little to no risk, your existing number stays with Three until it is ported over. You set a time and date to port and follow the instructions. If you follow the instructions correctly it usually ports within 10 mins of the time you set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

will new offer include 5G

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭kippy

stanley1 wrote: »
    will new offer include 5G

Who knows, will just have to wait and see.

TBF, currently, for the vast majority of people, it's not even close to a deal breaker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

jrmb wrote: »
    The operator Free in France (from the same parent company as Eir/GoMo) has 30-day contracts with unlimited calls and SMS (France only) for €2.

Yeah, but only if you sign up for broadband and TV too. The Free mobile offer including data is more expensive than GoMo.

Iliad in Italy (same parent as Eir) charge 7.99 EUR for unlimited calls, texts and 50 GB data.

That said, both Free and Iliad provide clues as to where Eir will take GoMo.

Free and Iliad have done "flash sales" and black Friday offers. I would guess that GoMo will do something similar.

Free have offered broadband and TV as well as mobile, maybe Eir might do the same with GoMo.

Eir have said they have "exciting things" planned for GoMo in 2020, so there are clearly products in the pipeline.

A senior person in a rival telecom company told me that they expect Eir to be very aggressive with customer acquisitions throughout 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

JTMan wrote: »
    Yeah, but only if you sign up for broadband and TV too.
    No, it's a standalone offer. I paid a €2 direct debit each month without taking any other services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

wife just rang me from her work. she has no internet on her phone. says shes connected to 3g...but all apps report no internet.

she came from 3 payg...number ported fine...and calls and texts are fine.

dougm1970 wrote: »
    wife just rang me from her work. she has no internet on her phone. says shes connected to 3g...but all apps report no internet.

she came from 3 payg...number ported fine...and calls and texts are fine.

Has she "data/mobile data" enabled on the phone?
    Has she tried restarting the phone.

kippy wrote: »
    Has she "data/mobile data" enabled on the phone?
    Has she tried restarting the phone.

yes...wifi off...data on.
    not restarted phone though....will do it tonight when she comes home....shes works in a hospital and she cant have phone on in ward, so cant text her to tell her.

would it be anything to do with apn settings ??

thanks for reply.

yes...wifi off...data on.
    not restarted phone though....will do it tonight when she comes home....shes works in a hospital and she cant have phone on in ward, so cant text her to tell her.

would it be anything to do with apn settings ??

thanks for reply.

Unlikely to do with APN settings if it has worked in the past.

Unlikely to do with APN settings if it has worked in the past.

ok...3 network will use same apn settings as gomo ?....she was on 3 previously.

oh...hang on....sent an email to gomo support less than 10 mins ago and just checked gmail and this is there...

Please update your APN settings.

Go to the Start screen.
    Choose Apps.
    Choose Settings.
    Choose Data usage.
    If Mobile data is disabled, enable Mobile data and choose the back symbol.
    If Mobile data is enabled, choose the back symbol.
    Choose Mobile networks.
    Choose Access Point Names.
    Choose ADD.
    Under Name, enter eir Mobile data
    Under APN, enter data.myeirmobile.ie
    Under Proxy, enter nothing
    Under Port, enter nothing
    Under Username, enter nothing
    Under Password, enter nothing
    Scroll down.
    Under MCC, enter 353
    Under MNC, do nothing
    Under Authentication type, tick None.
    Choose APN type.
    If this screen appears, enter default,supl (note: in lower case) and choose OK.
    If this screen does not appear, tick Internet and choose OK.

Kind Regards
    Customer Care GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Happened to herself last week and plane mode on and off worked

I've never needed flight mode more than I have with gomo, everytime I drop to Edge my S7 will never leave Edge until I do the flight mode toggle trick. I have to keep telling myself its only a tenner a month or I would lose the plot.

ok...3 network will use same apn settings as gomo ?....she was on 3 previously.

I moved from 3 prepaid directly across and all was fine.

sometimes if coverage is dodge, plane mode on/off will do the trick

sometimes i go into networks, advanced, and actually take the preferred network from 4G to 3G and that will be a much better signal

should note that this was the case with 3 previously also

• Advertisement

oh...hang on....sent an email to gomo support less than 10 mins ago and just checked gmail and this is there...

Go to the Start screen.
    Choose Apps.
    Choose Settings.
    Choose Data usage.
    Choose Mobile networks.
    Choose ADD.
    Scroll down.
    Under MCC, enter 353
    Under MNC, do nothing
    Choose APN type.

Kind Regards
    Customer Care GoMo.
    Sorry,
    I assumed that she had used the GoMo SIM with internet previously without issue.
    If she hasn't then the APN settings are most likely the issue.

Sorry,
    I assumed that she had used the GoMo SIM with internet previously without issue.
    If she hasn't then the APN settings are most likely the issue.

its ok.
    thanks for the reply and advice.

cant add that APN for some reason mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭funnyname

All ok for me bar I'm not able to see any MMS, anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Funky_Corsa

Go to the Start screen.
    Choose Apps.
    Choose Settings.
    Choose Data usage.
    Choose Mobile networks.
    Choose ADD.
    Scroll down.
    Under MCC, enter 353
    Under MNC, do nothing
    Choose APN type.

Kind Regards
    Customer Care GoMo.

what email address did you contact them at?

i sent her a text about putting aeroplane mode on and off....didnt expect her to see text till later....but she rang me on her break there and said it worked perfect.
    so...thanks for that suggestion to the poster who made it.

what email address did you contact them at?

via the gomo home page....the form on there
    email showed reply from - customercare@gomo.ie

I moved from 3 prepaid directly across and all was fine.

Did the port take long?

I moved from Tesco and it was done in about 5 minutes. Tesco went dead, swapped sims, and GoMo was up and running with my number.

I'm swapping my dad over, too, and he's prepay with 3. However, i chose to have him port over at 9am on the 7th, and his phone is still with 3, and the number on the GoMo account online is still the 'old' number that gomo sent out with the sim card (rather than updating to the ported number).

Wondering if i should be getting in touch with them or giving them a tad more time with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

moved my mrs over from 3 payg. she was paying €20 every 28 days to get "free" internet but because most of her work colleagues weren't 3 customers she found that she was topping up practically ever 2 weeks! port went fine at the appointed day and time. has been using it since in Cork City, west Cork, Tipp & Waterford and its been 4G all the way. I was worried that Personal Hotspot on iphone wouldnt be allowed so tried using her phone to tether to my iPad and it worked fine. Ordered my sim and switching next week from 3 30 day sim only. Contacted 3 on twitter to see what was story with canceling my contract, 30 days notice but if I wanted to port my number I'd need to move within the 30 days while number was active. They offered my €20 a month to stay but i declined the offer.

• Advertisement

that 28 day top up on 3...thats 13 months per year...or 13 'monthly' payments per year...silly as that sounds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement