Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Quackster wrote: »
    Nope, it happens automagically. EU roaming directive applies until at least December 31st and GoMo has committed to keeping UK roaming free after that.

Is there a source for this? Eir committed to not bringing back UK roaming charges in either the Irish Times or Independent. I hadn't seen Gomo do it, and their customer service is saying they don't know, but that they can't say that they won't have UK roaming charges from the 1st of Feb 2020 if Brexit goes ahead.

suave.4u wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

For Gomo mobile internet, are you using LTE or 3G?

Regards

Both depending on location/signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,863 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

GarIT wrote: »
    Is there a source for this? Eir committed to not bringing back UK roaming charges in either the Irish Times or Independent. I hadn't seen Gomo do it, and their customer service is saying they don't know, but that they can't say that they won't have UK roaming charges from the 1st of Feb 2020 if Brexit goes ahead.

it would be until the end of the transition period (Dec 2020) at least I'd have thought.,

loyatemu wrote: »
    it would be until the end of the transition period (Dec 2020) at least I'd have thought.,

That would be a reasonable assumption. The CS rep I talked to said they don't know. I don't know if they meant that Gomo don't know or that particular person doesn't know. They said it is a possibility that they might introduce roaming charges on the first of Feb.

Essentialy though I didn't get any info, other than they don't have a post Brexit pricing for roaming confirmed to the front facing staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi folks. Going to switch today to gomo. My 3 contract not out till May. The MOVE DATE section only goes to Feb 2020 and wont let me go further. What will I do?. Thankz.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Hi folks. Going to switch today to gomo. My 3 contract not out till May. The MOVE DATE section only goes to Feb 2020 and wont let me go further. What will I do?. Thankz.

Just don't select a move date. You will still get the sim (it will have a GoMo number) and then in May when you want to port over your current number, do it then.

It wont let me continue and Move date turns red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

It wont let me continue and Move date turns red.
    Very open to correction here, but as far as I know - you can click the 'get a new number' option, or whatever it's called - and change at a later date, regardless. I'm 99.99% sure on this...

Okay I'm in Keeping the same Number option..

Okay I'm in Keeping the same Number option..
    Wait a second though, just in case I'm misreading the situation... you do know that you can click the 'get a new number' and STILL change the number at a later date?

• Advertisement

No thanks for that. Can I not press Keep my number and go live then in May?

No thanks for that. Can I not press Keep my number and go live then in May?
    I'm sure you can, it's just you said you couldn't go beyond Feb. - so I suggested a work-around. I'm sorry, I really don't know too much about this...

Put it like this, I personally clicked 'get a new number' - and when my account got set up, I still had the option to move an old number in place of the one assigned to me, even though I clicked 'new number'.

Can anybody else help here? I feel like I'm confusing things!

Don't go through the "keep my number" process, get a new number and port your old number to this new number in May through your Gomo account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Get a new number, this will be an 085 number which the gomo SIM uses.

Keep your number is for porting straight away. Do not do this as it will mess up your 3 contract.

You can get a new number and then port your current 3 number at any time in the future.

Don't go through the "keep my number" process, get a new number and port your old number to this new number in May through your Gomo account.
    Ten Pin wrote: »

Keep your number is for porting straight away. Do not do this as it will mess up your 3 contract.

You can get a new number and then port your current 3 number at any time in the future.

There we have it.

Thanks for all the help folks. Best thread out there.

One last question. I have set two numbers on gomo. I want to set up another 2. Will I need to set up with a new email of can I use my existing account?

Ten Pin wrote: »

Thanks for all the help folks. Best thread out there.

Just another bit of advice, which I THINK is correct - and might be relevant when the time comes... when your contract is up with 3, you will have to inform them you want to switch to prepay, this if I'm not mistaken - will mean you have to buy a prepay 3 sim. When you have this done, contact 3 to port your current number, which is tied to a 3 contract - to a 3 prepay plan. THEN, if I'm not mistaken - you should be able to successfully port your number to your GoMo account.

I am totally open to correction on this though...

One last question. I have set two numbers on gomo. I want to set up another 2. Will I need to set up with a new email of can I use my existing account?
    I don't know for sure, I would guess you wouldn't physically be able to - the system I am thinking wouldn't allow it. So probably, another email/account - or worst case scenario, another email/account AND another payment card?

I'm not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I have two accounts using the same gmail address by just adding a full stop in my name - seen as two separate email addresses by GoMo but not by Gmail.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MMXX wrote: »
    Just another bit of advice, which I THINK is correct - and might be relevant when the time comes... when your contract is up with 3, you will have to inform them you want to switch to prepay, this if I'm not mistaken - will mean you have to buy a prepay 3 sim. When you have this done, contact 3 to port your current number, which is tied to a 3 contract - to a 3 prepay plan. THEN, if I'm not mistaken - you should be able to successfully port your number to your GoMo account.

I am totally open to correction on this though...

You do not need to do this. I switched from Three bill pay. I cancelled my contract with them (it was a rolling 30 day contract) and when I was porting over my number I had to give GoMo my Three account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I am in the same boat..you need to set up a second account to get access to
    2 new sims..problem is the last few days they are not sending out the email so that you can verify the account so no new account...

There is a risk to telling your network you want to cancel. Some networks will delete your number on the 30th day after you give your 30 days notice, and then you can't keep your number it's just gone and unrecoverable. On the other hand you can move without telling your current network but if you don't tell your network some will charge you for the 30 day cancellation period after you have left.

Switching to prepay with the same network may be the best solution if you are in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Two sims arrived today and ported over within 5 minutes , happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You ask to switch to pay as you go when the contract is expired and then just port your number to gomo as soon as it’s switched
    No need to inform 3 about porting and no need change sims with 3 they just change it to pay as you go

There's no need at all to ask to move to prepaid. you can port directly in from the Three account, either bill pay or prepay. This is only adding an extra step that they don't actually need to do.

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    There's no need at all to ask to move to prepaid. you can port directly in from the Three account, either bill pay or prepay. This is only adding an extra step that they don't actually need to do.

On certain contracts they will charge you for 30 days after you leave if you were required to give 30 days notice. But if you're not required to give notice or the small fee doesn't bother you then it doesn't matter.

There is a risk to telling your network you want to cancel. Some networks will delete your number on the 30th day after you give your 30 days notice, and then you can't keep your number it's just gone and unrecoverable. On the other hand you can move without telling your current network but if you don't tell your network some will charge you for the 30 day cancellation period after you have left.

Switching to prepay with the same network may be the best solution if you are in that situation.
    This is EXACTLY the reason why I suggested moving directly to prepay before changing providers.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That would be a reasonable assumption. The CS rep I talked to said they don't know. I don't know if they meant that Gomo don't know or that particular person doesn't know. They said it is a possibility that they might introduce roaming charges on the first of Feb.

Essentialy though I didn't get any info, other than they don't have a post Brexit pricing for roaming confirmed to the front facing staff.

https://m.facebook.com/GoMoIre/photos/a.134136211297645/147791113265488/?type=3&source=54

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You ask to switch to pay as you go when the contract is expired and then just port your number to gomo as soon as it’s switched
    No need to inform 3 about porting and no need change sims with 3 they just change it to pay as you go

The changing-SIMs requirement would be for those who are still on legacy O2 billpay plans and who would therefore still have old O2 SIMs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

Sometimes three will put you straight into a rolling 30day that’s why it’s an idea to ask to go to pay as you go as the contract ends and then no extra money is involved

I have a few questions if anyone can answer. I am with 3 on bill pay and now out of contract do I need to let 3 know I am leaving? If I transfer to GOMO today will 3 bill me for the full month of January? Is there a risk in transferring to GOMO that I could loose my existing number?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement