Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Drogheda seems to have turned into a war zone then....

Options

Comments

There is a whole thread on this scutter over in Current Affairs forum which has predictably gone from the issue at hand to the usual far removed from the topic round and round by the usual suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Hoboo wrote: »
    Bull****.

Coming off the Dublin train you mean? How do you know they were from Balbriggan? I'll tell you how, cause you're full of ****.

The train doesn't stop and head straight back ffs.

Nothing worse than bull**** for the sake of bull****. You sound like a 5 year old covered in chocolate.

20_68891811_1122436367941725_165873290533928960_n.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Ouch. #Pray4Hoboo

something tells me he won't be back :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Hoboo wrote: »
    Yeah it is to be honest. Trying to work out what houses are in the train station for a start. Unless you didn't see them get off the train and being put back on as you said. And racial profiling by the gardai? Sounds like a pram and bus story.

You have went v quiet!

• Advertisement

rumour leader of moneymore gang shot dead in clogherhead outside his mams caravan

also heard outside the shop

edit: the shop and caravan are beside each other

Strange, this reports it has having happened just before 3pm

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-30s-dead-after-shooting-in-co-louth-38441483.html

I was up in Ballsgrove at the shops around 12:30 and the helicopter was very low circling between there and Rathmullen. So either the time is out in the report or the Gardaí had wind something was about to go down.

Can see it up there again now.

Heard now its not the leader, same first name

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Heard now its not the leader, same first name

The other fella was there too though from what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

Ah well, the warm glow of the fleadh lasted 8 days! Iirc it was the same craic last year after it.
    I suppose the cops are on skeleton staff for a couple of weeks after all being on for the festivities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Strange, this reports it has having happened just before 3pm

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-30s-dead-after-shooting-in-co-louth-38441483.html

I was up in Ballsgrove at the shops around 12:30 and the helicopter was very low circling between there and Rathmullen. So either the time is out in the report or the Gardaí had wind something was about to go down.

Can see it up there again now.

Seen that helicopter too around then. Would I be right in saying it looked more like an Air Corps helicopter rather than the usual Garda helicopter. I was thinking along the same lines that they had an idea something was happening but didn't know when or where. I think the 3pm time is accurate because I was driving through Dunleer shortly afterwards and there where Garda cars from all directions.

Yes Mark it was a much bigger one and all blue so likely Air Corp, it'd be a member of the the Air Corp flying the Garda one anyway.

It's the Garda one up now, and seems to be going between north and south side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pen123

It's no wonder Drogheda has a problem with these gangs when you see some of the replies to the reports of Branigan's shooting on facebook. Get the violins out. He wasn't an upstanding good citizen if he was involved with these scumbags so excuse me if I have no sympathy. These people defending him are part of the problem & have no moral compass. Judging by some of their facebook profiles, they are on the gangs product themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Any word on who was shot last night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Per The Journal.

A MAN HAS died following a shooting in Bettystown, Co Meath last night.

The attack happened at Castlemartin Drive, on the outskirts of Bettystown, at around 11.40pm.

Gardaí and emergency services attended the scene of the shooting.

A 39-year-old man received a number of gunshot wounds in the incident.

He was taken by ambulance to Our lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda. However, he was pronounced dead shortly before 1am this morning.

The local coroner has been notified.

The shooting is linked to the ongoing feud in nearby Drogheda, sources have told TheJournal.ie.

The scene is currently preserved pending an examination by Garda crime scene examiners.

A small van – details unknown at this stage – was found on fire at Eastham Road, Bettystown, which is 5km from Drogheda, shortly after the shooting. This scene is also preserved pending an examination by Garda crime scene examiners.

I did read on another site it was the second attempt on this guy too.

I believe it's another member of the moneymore/boylan gang?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I believe it's another member of the moneymore/boylan gang?

Virgin Media news said as much at lunch time, saying he was an associate of the fella shot in August.

heard on the rumourmill he was a cousin of the kinahans, assume its bs though

• Advertisement

Garda van outside the home of the previous victim when I passed earlier this afternoon.

It was all over the news not too long ago that 14 people were arrested and due in court over drug offences.

But not a word has been mentioned since then? Does anyone know what happened with those 14 that went to court?

I'm assuming laughable slap-on-the-wrist sentences, seen as it's not being reported on?

One of the boylans and a couple of his goons are going down for that kidnapping anyway so theres a few that will be off the street sooner or later.

I spoke to a previous teacher of kb and was told hes thick as **** so I've no doubt they're in over their head big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

No the Gardai let it happen ,too lazy to saturate it ASAP as they should have learned that lesson after Limerick, waiting now to hear they're stretched etc FFS if actually policed we'd be in a better place instead of putting too many in offices and getting tax for the government

It was all over the news not too long ago that 14 people were arrested and due in court over drug offences.

But not a word has been mentioned since then? Does anyone know what happened with those 14 that went to court?

I'm assuming laughable slap-on-the-wrist sentences, seen as it's not being reported on?

A mate of mines neighbour was arrested that day. He had a few minor previous and had kicked a car mirror off when locked. Didnt turn up for court and they lifted him.
    It was just optics for the public that the cops are fighting back against the two gangs!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It can take up to 6 months or more for the analysis of the drugs to come back from the lab and a hearing date to be allocated by the courts.

Isn't there a case in the courts at the minute over someone from one side threatening to kill someone on the other?

It can take up to 6 months or more for the analysis of the drugs to come back from the lab and a hearing date to be allocated by the courts.

Still doesn't explain what happened when they were in court already the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Isn't there a case in the courts at the minute over someone from one side threatening to kill someone on the other?

There is, it was in the Leader a couple of weeks ago. IIRC it was adjourned until the new year.

• Advertisement

20 kilos of coke seized on the donore road today, someone's gonna get whacked for that methinks!

Advertisement