Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Drogheda seems to have turned into a war zone then....

Options

Comments

1.4 million worth. Yeah good luck paying the lads back for that **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Any word on which gang it was..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Any word on which gang it was..

This is complete schoolgate rumour but the name I heard is from Rathmullen but not any of the names usually talked about but would live quite close.

Rumour 2, a house in Rathmullen was raided yesterday after the drugs bust and guns where found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Great to hear of Drug find and Guns find. 1.4M Street value of cocaine, it shows how much these gangs are making and all other towns are the same.
    Is cocaine the biggest grossing product been sold in Ireland at this stage?. Travellers are the main movers of cocaine all over the country outside of Dublin , the new rich.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Still doesn't explain what happened when they were in court already the other day?

Most likely a remand to a later date for the cert to be issued. The case would always be heard periodically until the results of the analysis is available.

• Advertisement

markc1184 wrote: »
    This is complete schoolgate rumour but the name I heard is from Rathmullen but not any of the names usually talked about but would live quite close.

Rumour 2, a house in Rathmullen was raided yesterday after the drugs bust and guns where found.

Did you hear aob? If its who I think it is that's pretty shocking...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Did you hear aob? If its who I think it is that's pretty shocking...

That's the one. Exact same thought here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Did aob have the weed or the guns? Unreal.

The coke not the guns. Prison for a long time you'd imagine.

edit: its the guns actually

Not sure if I'm thinking of the same fella, without wanting to point a finger in the wrong direction, he drives a very unique vehicle or used to?

• Advertisement

Like a fire engine lol

Jesus how the hell did he get involved.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to join the dots. Take a look at the pics of when branigan got shot. That will tell ya

What pics?

independent
    A man who has worked for the Irish Coast Guard was arrested by gardaí over a "hugely significant" firearms seizure linked to the Drogheda feud.

The man, aged in his late 30s, was still being quizzed last night at Drogheda Garda Station after his arrest at 3.45pm on Monday as part of a major surveillance operation.

Gardai discovered a holdall bag containing three handguns, assorted magazines and various ammunition when they raided a premises in the centre of Drogheda.

The operation was carried out just over three hours after €1.4m worth of cocaine was seized when officers intercepted a vehicle at the Donore Road Industrial Estate in the Co Louth town.

Detectives believe that both busts are linked to the so-called anti-Maguire faction in the ongoing warfare which has led to two murders.

A 29-year-old suspect arrested in the drugs case is based in the Laytown area of Co Meath and senior sources say that he had close links to drugs trafficker Richie Carberry (39) who was shot dead outside his Bettystown home last week.

During a number of raids in Drogheda yesterday/Monday drugs, guns, assorted magazines and various ammunition was discovered.3
    During a number of raids in Drogheda yesterday/Monday drugs, guns, assorted magazines and various ammunition was discovered.
    "The arrested 29-year-old is an individual it is believed has acted as a logistics manager for a major drugs-trafficking organisation," a senior source said.

"It's suspected he is high enough on the pecking order that he has been supplying drugs to both the Maguire side and their rivals.

"He is a non-descript type of fellow but is said to be hugely trusted in criminal circles. Gardai had been watching him for some time - he was fairly close to Carberry.

"The two arrests on Monday happened during the course of five searches over 18 hours and they are considered some of the most significant since the garda investigation, codenamed Operation Stratus, began.

"It will be the anti-Maguire side who will be suffering the most today," the senior source explained.

After the 20kg of cocaine were seized on Monday, gardai also raided a property linked to the 29-year-old later that night, where they recovered €25,000 of cannabis.

Further searches yesterday morning failed to yield any more illegal items.

Gardai believe that the handguns and ammunition seized in their second operation were being stored there by the anti-Maguire mob so they could potentially be used in gangland attacks.

I'm more confused after that. Maybe AOB had the guns although that seems even more surprising than the coke. I guess it will be cleared up later when they're charged.

Maybe he he had a drug problem and a debt to go along with it?

What I heard locally this morning was that the guns were found in his locker at work.

In other news a growhouse was raided in Bettystown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

The Person been a previous Irish Coast Guard is a worry.
    Are members or ex members of the coast guards helping with the landing of Drug Shipments on our coasts?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe he he had a drug problem and a debt to go along with it?

The thing is, might not even have been him with the issue. Could have been a family member and he got dragged in.

Or, he’ll, the way the economy is nowadays, he could have just gotten a financial offer he couldn’t refuse :/

Says in sun he wasnt part of any gang that he was holding the guns to pay off a debt

Why would you keep them in your work locker...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Says in sun he wasnt part of any gang that he was holding the guns to pay off a debt

Why would you keep them in your work locker...

Wouldn't want them at home either

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Johndoe20

He’s in court this morning for sentencing.. the guns where found in IRCG locker in a bag. He was 2nd in command up until they found the guns and presumably has since been gotten rid of immediately from IRCG.

He's out on bail.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    He's out on bail.

Joke of a justice system.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/man-charged-guns-ammunition-seizure-louth-925125

It's his first offence. He supposedly was doing it to pay off a drugs debt. He has to sign on daily and has no passport. I'm sure he's lost all of his jobs. And is back 17th January.

They should take into consideration the gang he was holding them for can't shoot for **** and would likely lead to no murders

That may be but he’s put so many people in danger not including his family. He’s stained the reputation of both IRCG and Fire Service. Hope the next judge isn’t so kind...

It's his first offence. He supposedly was doing it to pay off a drugs debt. He has to sign on daily and has no passport. I'm sure he's lost all of his jobs. And is back 17th January.[/quote]

They should take into consideration the gang he was holding them for can't shoot for **** and would likely lead to no murders

They said the same about the other side not being capable to carry out a shooting and look what’s happened in the last couple of months

I'm only joking tbf. From the outside it looks like this Moneymore gang are in over their heads big time.

Does anyone know how it started? I remember they paralysed Owen Maguire, was that the beginning? Were the Maguires threatening them beforehand or anything?

• Advertisement

I'm only joking tbf. From the outside it looks like this Moneymore gang are in over their heads big time.

Does anyone know how it started? I remember they paralysed Owen Maguire, was that the beginning? Were the Maguires threatening them beforehand or anything?

I believe it started as a turf war and one side decided to make their mark to gain territory by attempting to murder Owen.

Advertisement