Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Drogheda seems to have turned into a war zone then....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Johndoe20 wrote: »
    That may be but he’s put so many people in danger not including his family. He’s stained the reputation of both IRCG and Fire Service. Hope the next judge isn’t so kind...

I agree he's done damage to the reputation of the IRCG, but that isn't anything to do with bail.

From my understanding, he's exactly the type of case bail is intended for. He's not any threat to anyone between now and the trial, he can't really go anywhere or do anything. Refusing him bail would have just clogged up the prison cell. I do appreciate there are people who get bail that shouldn't, but everything about this particular case screams that this is the type of situation bail should be given.

His life is probably wrecked anyway, on a multitude of levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Johndoe20

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I agree he's done damage to the reputation of the IRCG, but that isn't anything to do with bail.

From my understanding, he's exactly the type of case bail is intended for. He's not any threat to anyone between now and the trial, he can't really go anywhere or do anything. Refusing him bail would have just clogged up the prison cell. I do appreciate there are people who get bail that shouldn't, but everything about this particular case screams that this is the type of situation bail should be given.

His life is probably wrecked anyway, on a multitude of levels.

I didn’t intend for it to be anything to do with bail, just consequences of his actions.. I don’t agree that when the Gardai don’t think bail should be given based on the seriousness of the crime and what the guns were intended for that a judge overrules because of a sob story from the defendants lawyer. His life is ruined and he may hope the head honchos don’t come looking for him before his next hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

What would they have to gain tbh. I'm sure they can pick up a few more guns handy enough.

edit: I guess they could be worried he'd rat them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Johndoe20

IvoryTower wrote: »
    What would they have to gain tbh. I'm sure they can pick up a few more guns handy enough.

edit: I guess they could be worried he'd rat them out

One would presume if he has given up names, they won’t be long coming for him. As for the debt he owes... it’ll be a something that won’t be let go of lightly

Mad that this thread is over a year old at this point.

Read the opening post again.. nothing really seems to have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

Heard from a lad that is usually spot on that the Maguire's have left drogheda.
    They've gone off to the UK and a lot of the foot soldiers are left behind facing leaner times!

Now that would be very surprising

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

enricoh wrote: »
    Heard from a lad that is usually spot on that the Maguire's have left drogheda.
    They've gone off to the UK and a lot of the foot soldiers are left behind facing leaner times!

Think u heard wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Send all these cowboys up to Dundalk, and the Ra will sort them out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Send all these cowboys up to Dundalk, and the Ra will sort them out.

Brilliant idea. Let Dundalk turn into a 'war zone' instead of Shelbyville

RA are too busy preparing for Brexit anyways. Too much smuggling to be done to be wasting time racketeering and murdering drug dealers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Brilliant idea. Let Dundalk turn into a 'war zone' instead of Shelbyville

RA are too busy preparing for Brexit anyways. Too much smuggling to be done to be wasting time racketeering and murdering drug dealers.

Dundalk is a war zone, the Gardai wont go into MMor or Coxes unless they have a back up car with them

Junkies all over Clanbrassil St, Countless Muggings, Robbiers, Attacks in courts every week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

Dundalk is a war zone, the Gardai wont go into MMor or Coxes unless they have a back up car with them

Junkies all over Clanbrassil St, Countless Muggings, Robbiers, Attacks in courts every week

A mate of mine works with addicts in drogheda.
    They were complaining about the interest rate on their accounts from the dealers.
    Apparently the Dundalk dealers have 0% finance which their is a bit of envy about!
    Also the Dundalk dealers do buy one get one free on Sundays! A nice touch,which is unheard of in drogheda.
    I know there is a lot of bitching about Drogheda v Dundalk , but I think it's fair to say Dundalk have nicer heroin dealers!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Whatever about the general junkies/crime that happens up and down the country being in Dundalk, the bit about Gardanly going to Cox's/MMor in convoy isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Shooting in Drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Colm Cummins

FRom the Drogheda Leader facebook page,
    A taximan has been shot twice in the back while in his car on the Bridge of Peace in Drogheda at 6:20pm. Garda are at the scene. Initial reports are the injuries are not fatal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's the f'ing "bridge of peace"!
    Have these people completely lost the run of themselves?? :pac:

CPL 593H

My sauces said pc asked for money owed by relation of taxi man, taxi man told him to **** off and then was shot in back twice

Youd have to wonder what is the point there, surely hes going back to jail now for a long time...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My sauces said pc asked for money owed by relation of taxi man, taxi man told him to **** off and then was shot in back twice

Youd have to wonder what is the point there, surely hes going back to jail now for a long time...

Heard similar

I've heard as much too.

Update: now I've heard that pc was the passenger and the bullets were meant for him

Not sure which version is true obviously

• Advertisement

Update: now I've heard that pc was the passenger and the bullets were meant for him

Not sure which version is true obviously

That's what I heard, that the target was a passenger in the taxi and the taxi man was caught in the crossfire. But that's very different from the rumours posted above, so who knows where the actual truth lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

My sauces said...

Is that "sources" in a Drogheda accent? ;)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Who's PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Who is "pc"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Whose PC?

furiousox wrote: »
    Is that "sources" in a Drogheda accent? ;)

Well that was the joke but thanks!

Mr. Secret Name, although I've since heard from my sauces its nothing to do with him, then I heard it was, then it wasn't etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As per previous direction, posters cannot name individuals on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

micar wrote: »
    Who is "pc"?

Bloody snowflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

micar wrote: »
    Who is "pc"?

Think of an old singers name that rhymes with ping

• Advertisement

Advertisement