Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Drogheda seems to have turned into a war zone then....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Folks, I've made some edits on recent posts to remove names. Looking at the other big gangland threads on boards, they tend to use initials. I'm no really sure what the protocol is yet, but in the interim please don't post names. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭SouthDublin6w

delly wrote: »
    Folks, I've made some edits on recent posts to remove names. Looking at the other big gangland threads on boards, they tend to use initials. I'm no really sure what the protocol is yet, but in the interim please don't post names. Thanks.

Sorry mate just thought we could use PC name cause he is charged apologies

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sorry mate just thought we could use PC name cause he is charged apologies

Ah no need to apologise, just not something we're used to around this remote and isolated mod outpost. The mods from the big city will be along shortly to take over I'd assume. If someone is charged, then I don't see an issue using their name if you can add in a link to a news report. That should cover the bases.

delly wrote: »
    Ah no need to apologise, just not something we're used to around this remote and isolated mod outpost. The mods from the big city will be along shortly to take over I'd assume. If someone is charged, then I don't see an issue using their name if you can add in a link to a news report. That should cover the bases.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1048891/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Apologies, was trying to stick to names that are mentioned in.the press. 6w used Carlito, C.V. is his real name initials, but Carlito won't be known as a name. Won't use names in future.

• Advertisement

40k in drugs seized in Hillview yesterday and one arrested.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/teenager-arrested-after-42k-of-drugs-seized-in-drogheda-923740.html

See the Garda helicopter up this morning.

Unrelated but some little **** set fire to the roof of the thatch last night , barely 2 weeks after it was repaired from a previous arson attack. 11pm while there would have been people coming and going around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

40k in drugs seized in Hillview yesterday and one arrested.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/teenager-arrested-after-42k-of-drugs-seized-in-drogheda-923740.html

See the Garda helicopter up this morning.

Unrelated but some little **** set fire to the roof of the thatch last night , barely 2 weeks after it was repaired from a previous arson attack. 11pm while there would have been people coming and going around there.

Not even 2 weeks, they only finished it up on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Unrelated but some little **** set fire to the roof of the thatch last night , barely 2 weeks after it was repaired from a previous arson attack. .

There's definitely some little s**t of a pyromaniac running around over there.

No need for arson on a great little bar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Assassination attempt on gang leader kb in Dublin

• Advertisement

And a house shot at in Beechwood over night too.

Golf used, is K not fighting with the M?

Picture in the paper looks very like the car used in BK's house. Same rims, doors, shape.

First murder last night on the m1, no word who yet

edit: sorry it could be any of the gang feuds, heard it was Drogheda but don't see anything online to suggest that's true

IvoryTower wrote: »
    First murder last night on the m1, no word who yet

edit: sorry it could be any of the gang feuds, heard it was Drogheda but don't see anything online to suggest that's true

First balbriggan exit coming from Dublin, swing a left. Walshestown.

on twitter now saying its the blanch/finglas gangs

Guy from Coolock apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What on earth was going on last night? There are rumours of a double murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

everlast75 wrote: »
    What on earth was going on last night? There are rumours of a double murder?

I heard the shop in termon abbey was held up and robbed. But Ive seen nothing online..

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I heard the shop in termon abbey was held up and robbed. But Ive seen nothing online..

That would make sense, I was coming in the Termonfeckin road at about 11.50pm and the helicopter was circling that area with its search light beaming. As I passed Termon Abbey then the ARU and another marked car where stopping cars at the entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Any word on PC’s court appearance? I thought he was to appear via video link last friday?

Reports of a shooting in Termon Abbey.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2019/0620/1056608-shooting-louth/

EDIT: Helicopter up over the Mell area :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Without opening the link let me guess where it was ...

Moneymore or Rathmullen Park?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

On the Money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

Who could have guessed there would be reprisals?
    And who could have guessed there'd be a high probability it'd be in Moneymore?

Virtually anyone with a passing interest in the fued. Eh, apart from the cops!!!

Another petrol bomb attack in rathmullen last night.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Another petrol bomb attack in rathmullen last night.

And another since then.

And another since then.

Awful close this time too KKV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Some court cases on in Drogheda this morning too to do with the fued

Advertisement