Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

dec2000 wrote: »
    Where do you find your invoice number? I ordered last week, only have the order agreement document with no invoice number.

Edit: realised I was in the UK site, changed to Ireland and an additional document is added about gray markets??

Anybody order recently? Put mine in on the 15th and still only see the order agreement. No invoice so no idea what number I am but more worried something didn't process properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

The invoice is buried one layer down in a pdf on your manage your Tesla page. Download the pdf’s and you will find your invoice, interested to know what order number we are on now. Last I seen 360.

krissovo wrote: »
    The invoice is buried one layer down in a pdf on your manage your Tesla page. Download the pdf’s and you will find your invoice, interested to know what order number we are on now. Last I seen 360.

I only have 2 PDFs – just downloaded both again:

- Non-Core and Gray Market vehicles – just a standard document explaining where Tesla is sold officially and not (limited features etc).

- Order Agreement: this is only 4 pages: pg1 is an overview of vehicle configuration, only has the order number (which is same as my reservation number), pg 2&3 are T&Cs and pg 4 is Region Specific Provisions. No invoice number anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

You should have :

Booking Invoice
    Order Agreement
    Non-Core and Gray Market

eddhorse wrote: »
    You should have :

Booking Invoice
    Order Agreement
    Non-Core and Gray Market

Yeh no booking invoice. Might drop them a note to make sure there are no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

eddhorse wrote: »
    You should have :

Booking Invoice
    Order Agreement
    Non-Core and Gray Market

We had an agreement. It disappeared ages ago. Always had invoice.
    Mind you we accidentally had 2 orders and they had to delete one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skippy123!

Hello guys,

It seems pretty confusing all this with tax on the car so can anyone please explain? I am looking into getting a PCP deal for a long range Tesla 3 with 20 000 euro deposit on a period of 5 years if possible? How much would I need to pay monthly and what would I need to pay regarding tax? Taking black car without no extras. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

The Edit Design button has disappeared. First time i've seen that happen. Though i think i've read that it can come and go and there's no sign of a VIN in the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

skippy123! wrote: »
    I am looking into getting a PCP deal for a long range Tesla 3 with 20 000 euro deposit on a period of 5 years if possible?

Good luck - there is no PCP in Ireland AFAIK, just financing from Tesla or your local bank. Also, there's no Long Rage model 3 available, just SR+ and Performance, so picking the former at 20k down and a 5 year loan of 32k works out about 630/month from the BoI calculator.
    sln852 wrote: »
    The Edit Design button has disappeared. First time i've seen that happen. Though i think i've read that it can come and go and there's no sign of a VIN in the source.

It comes and goes and no real VIN has appeared for Ireland. With Ireland getting put back to the end of this year, I wouldn't look closely again until Oct, it's not worth the disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skippy123!

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Good luck - there is no PCP in Ireland AFAIK, just financing from Tesla or your local bank. Also, there's no Long Rage model 3 available, just SR+ and Performance, so picking the former at 20k down and a 5 year loan of 32k works out about 630/month from the BoI calculator

Thank you much for that... Financing is fine as well (I think even better option). What would be more advisable? Tesla financing or BOI? As well - would you know what I would need to pay in terms of import tax and all other associated taxes? Break down would really help as I am not really good with this tax stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Also, there's no Long Rage model 3 available, just SR+ and Performance

There is LR AWD available in Ireland, starting at €57,990.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,012 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nobody in their right mind would buy it though. It will have more depreciation than the Performance, a higher total cost of ownership even.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Don't mean to cause any alarm, I know we've been down this road before, but I've been assigned a VIN. I know there was talk of a placeholder / temporary VIN but I can't seem to find what it is to check if that's what's happening here.

Order ~100, reservation, blue / white p-

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

unkel wrote: »
    Nobody in their right mind would buy it though. It will have more depreciation than the Performance, a higher total cost of ownership even.

I'll bite. Why will it depreciate more?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

maclek wrote: »
    Don't mean to cause any alarm, I know we've been down this road before, but I've been assigned a VIN. I know there was talk of a placeholder / temporary VIN but I can't seem to find what it is to check if that's what's happening here.

Order ~100, reservation, blue / white p-

Where'd you see that? You go into source code again or has it shown up on the manage section of the order in your tesla account?

More desirable. I'd say in 3 years time the price difference second hand will be at least the price difference when new.

Why would you spend the guts of €60k on a car when for just €4k you can have the superior model?

I've driven the AWD LR myself and it is fast. But it is not insanely fast like the P :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Agreed, don't think it will depreciate worse that the P version

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

More desirable. I'd say in 3 years time the price difference second hand will be at least the price difference when new.

Why would you spend the guts of €60k on a car when for just €4k you can have the superior model?

I've driven the AWD LR myself and it is fast. But it is not insanely fast like the P :D

Because 4k financed might tip you over the edge, and you don't like 21 inch wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

bdogg wrote: »
    Where'd you see that? You go into source code again or has it shown up on the manage section of the order in your tesla account?

The edit button disappeared so I went into the source code on the finalize page.

I wasn't given one during the last round of tesla messing with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

maclek wrote: »
    The edit button disappeared so I went into the source code on the finalize page.

I wasn't given one during the last round of tesla messing with us.

Ah ok... let's hope this isn't another false alarm.

I'm order # .....245. My edit button disappeared last round of getting hopes up. Grey, Performance config.

My edit button still showing today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

jusmeig wrote: »
    Because 4k financed might tip you over the edge, and you don't like 21 inch wheels?

That's kinda where I am. I've ordered SR+, but debating with myself whether I can scramble together another €8k (I'm paying cash) for the practicality of longer range and AWD. Scrambling together €12k is out of the question though, especially just for more acceleration.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Performance has lower range, worse ride quality, more cabin noise, higher cost of tyres and brake servicing and no option for a trailer hitch unless you are happy to hack away at rear bumper to fit one aftermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

That's kinda where I am. I've ordered SR+, but debating with myself whether I can scramble together another €8k (I'm paying cash) for the practicality of longer range and AWD. Scrambling together €12k is out of the question though, especially just for more acceleration.

That 12k has way more range, much higher charge speed among other things

Personally I think SR+ is overpriced

Battery is too small for €48,000

It's only 52-54kWh useable ( the new Renault Zoe for €25,000 has the same size battery )

It will depreciate alot more if your are selling on in a few years imo

73-75kWh battery in LR/P is well worth the extra cash

ok i did the product-finalize page switch and there are 2 VIN references on that page in the source. Not sure if it's a placeholder and if the Teslarati article on decoding VIN numbers is to be believed then the 10th digit is the model year and mines a 'K' which going on the article means 2020.

Lumen wrote: »
    The Performance has lower range, worse ride quality, more cabin noise, higher cost of tyres and brake servicing and no option for a trailer hitch unless you are happy to hack away at rear bumper to fit one aftermarket.

I'd change the wheels for smaller ones before I even drove it. That solves all those problems. And the range is only lower if you drive it harder. And range in our small Ireland from a 77kWh battery is more than plenty. When you can charge at the supercharger and Ionity - faster than any other car in the world :D

And brake servicing, in an EV? Seriously? I'd say only if you race it on a track regularly!

In most other countries the price difference is €10k. In Ireland SR+ and AWD LR are both overpriced imho

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

In most other countries the price difference is €10k. In Ireland SR+ and AWD LR are both overpriced imho

Agree with that, the LR should be at least another €4k cheaper than the P and the SR+ should be less than what it is now, I've never really looked as SR+ pricing because if I could afford the SR+ then the LR is a no brainer

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'd change the wheels for smaller ones before I even drove it. That solves all those problems.
    Yeah, but if you do the maths, swapping wheels stretches the price difference. And it's still a ballache because there is some uncertainty over whether the smaller wheels fit (a subject I've researched extensively but is too boring to go into). And you're still stuck with no trailer hitch. Which might not be an issue for you, but I quite fancy sticking my bike rack out back and doing a zero exhaust emissions family road trip out west somewhere. I don't want to have to take my crappy ICE car or faff around with suction cups on the roof.

Of course, maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this and the depreciation will be worse, but that wouldn't sway me.

Buying things for future resale is an utterly miserable way of living one's short life, in my subjective opinion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Yeah, but if you do the maths, swapping wheels stretches the price difference. And it's still a ballache because there is some uncertainty over whether the smaller wheels fit (a subject I've researched extensively but is too boring to go into). And you're still stuck with no trailer hitch. Which might not be an issue for you, but I quite fancy sticking my bike rack out back and doing a zero exhaust emissions family road trip out west somewhere. I don't want to have to take my crappy ICE car or faff around with suction cups on the roof.

Of course, maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this and the depreciation will be worse, but that wouldn't sway me.

Buying things for future resale is an utterly miserable way of living one's short life, in my subjective opinion. :D

FWIW I ordered the AWD LR. Steered clear of the P for most the reasons listed above, but even with the extra few grand, I'd rather get FSD than go for a P.

Not that bothered by the price depreciation. It's a car. It'll have lost 10% the second you roll out of Sandyford in it!

• Advertisement

And you're still stuck with no trailer hitch. Which might not be an issue for you, but I quite fancy sticking my bike rack out back

If the hitch is a must, then yeah, the P would be a bad choice :D

Yeah, but if you do the maths, swapping wheels stretches the price difference.

I'd take off the big wheels before driving it and sell them on and buy smaller wheels. Could make a bit of money back actually. Bigger wheels are usually worth more. But surely there would be very little in it either way.
    And it's still a ballache because there is some uncertainty over whether the smaller wheels fit

They fit. Did you check out Nyland's videos on this? It was the first thing he did too on his Performance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement