Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Just got this text... not sure if it's a good or a bad thing

7GDQLqx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 65,162 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eddhorse wrote: »
    Can I ask what a referral code is worth in real life money?

Feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Norweigian country code?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

bdogg wrote: »
    Just got this text... not sure if it's a good or a bad thing

7GDQLqx.png

Me too, very disappointed. :mad::mad:

Tesla Update: Model 3 deliveries in the Republic of Ireland are expected to begin towards the end of 2019. We will be in contact to arrange your delivery as the date approaches. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

unkel wrote: »
    Feck all.

Thought so, No point even quarrelling over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Just got a text message from Tesla
    Tesla update:Model 3 deliveries in the Republic of Ireland are expected to begin towards the end of 2019. We will be in contact to arrange your delivery as the date approaches.
    Ie forget about soon it could be January

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Can I ask what a referral code is worth in real life money?

Sandyford told me it's about €12-14 for a full charge supercharging session, which gives you ~400km. So a referral should be worth about €40-50.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

Teslablue wrote: »
    Just got a text message from Tesla
    Tesla update:Model 3 deliveries in the Republic of Ireland are expected to begin towards the end of 2019. We will be in contact to arrange your delivery as the date approaches.
    Ie forget about soon it could be January

Expected.... towards the end...

all very vague.

We're practically on month 9 of 12 of 2019.

It IS towards the end of 2019!

This text message clarifies nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

jarrieta wrote: »
    Just received a text from Tesla that deliveries are expected end of 2019, so now it is official I'd say

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Sandyford told me it's about €12-14 for a full charge supercharging session, which gives you ~400km. So a referral should be worth about €40-50.

I thought 15 to 20. Decent referral amount to get people pushing Tesla’s should be maybe worth €100 or floor mats or free satellite mapping maybe?

• Advertisement

Shhhh....Got text.

Need someone to do spreadsheet showing who got it and what reservation number they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

I dont understand why a text like this is necessary at all? If you are going to update all your customers at least give some solid information...
    This text is basically like having no information because it is so vague.

Markjsca1 wrote: »

Sounds about right, think the Model 3 battery is 70-75kw.

Supercharging in ireland is €0.32 per kWh. So 0-100% would be €20-25.

In reality you're not going to arrive with 0% or leave with 100%. Best practice I found was to hit supercharger with 15-20% and leave with 75-80% and get on your way.

Also remember all the free charging at hotels etc. That's at 30 miles an hour. In 4-5hrs there you can totally fill your car up for nowt. Supercharging isn't the be all and end all. You'll use it very little in ROI I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

At least that text clarifies something, even if it is vague. And hopefully this means a November/December shipping window, rather than December/January.

I’d love to know what caused the delay. Even if it’s just Brexit & trying to flood the UK market prior to Oct 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Some communication is better than none! If nothing else it finally kills off the end of Sept hopes. I had resigned myself to next year in any event, just need to figure out what to buy now in the short term to keep me ticking over & can move on quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

The text is the Tesla equivalent of “comfort message” when on hold in a call centre “your call I important to us....”

No text for me #233

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

No text for me #233

Speaking of invoice numbers, would it make sense to spin up a Google doc to track invoice numbers & car specs? There was a similar thread for the UK on one of the Tesla forums.

s8n wrote: »
    The text is the Tesla equivalent of “comfort message” when on hold in a call centre “your call I important to us....”

True. It’s like “we do know your waiting”.

Also there is a box to tick for text notification on the website - maybe why some didn’t receive it.

Speaking of invoice numbers, would it make sense to spin up a Google doc to track invoice numbers & car specs? There was a similar thread for the UK on one of the Tesla forums.

No way will there be no deal crash out brexit. There would be riots over there. Boris couldn’t be that stupid - and I’d say decision makers at Tesla don’t think that either. Doubt it is reason for delay here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,049 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I can't remember if this latest nextmove #ServiceHell video has been posted yet, but...

Two senior Tesla staff in Germany quit over service issues, service appointments only through app and with ~8 week wait for an appointment. Cars being promised new and then offered second hand, breaking the requirement to reclaim grants and VAT.

There are a number of large Tesla leasing and rental operations in the US but every new country operation seems to have to learn how to do it from scratch.

It reminds me somewhat of getting Apple kit (iMacs and Macbooks) serviced in Ireland, a total nightmare for a business. My company bought a load of them, but the repairs all had to be done through third party and it could take a week to get a repair done. So in the end we had to hold spare inventory (at cost of substantial depreciation) and cycle them in to avoid people being stuck when something went wrong.

Whereas if we bought Dell we'd have an engineer on site with a replacement machine the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

Got text from tesla..
    Probably others got it too..
    Says delivery is by the end of 2019..
    Finally some progress...ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

No text for me #233

Correction I did get the same text, there is a car somewhere on the planet with my name on it that may or may not be delivered in the distant future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

got the same text...I feel like Elon loves me and cares for me. I feel so close to him right now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,440 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes but if the first 10 are no hassle, and you are hassle, the 10 sales are easier than dealing with a problem customer for an 11th sale that costs them more in opex (employing staff to deal with you) and that eats into what is probably a very thin margin. If you ordered an SR+ in white with no extras it's probably not even making them more than a couple of percent. Their profit is in the M3P/LRAWD models
    Sorry. If that’s hassle , how much hassle is a warranty repair ? Will they just say feck off you are to much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,049 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ted1 wrote: »
    Sorry. If that’s hassle , how much hassle is a warranty repair ? Will they just say feck off you are to much hassle.

In that German video I posted earlier there was a customer who had spent 7 weeks getting in and out of the car via the passenger door because the driver door wasn't working. He got an appointment for October.

(I may have slightly misremembered this)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I got text too, order number 56. SR+.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kicha wrote: »
    Got text from tesla..
    got the same text...I feel like Elon loves me and cares for me. I feel so close to him right now.....

I tweeted him this morning asking why NZ got deliveries today, and Ireland had no info available, never mind a delivery date, even though we both had the same order released date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Kicha wrote: »
    Got text from tesla..

That's unfortunately not what it says at all, it says they currently hope to start shipping before the end of the year. That does not mean they will actually deliver by the end of the year.

These kinds of communications tend to be carefully worded so that at a quick glance, you think they are giving you some concrete information, when in fact they are being just as vague as they have been up til now, they've effectively just moved the goal-posts a bit further again (i.e. order page moving from July, to August and then to October.

It still says October on the ordering page, it's obvious that that "estimate" can't be trusted and is just there so people don't think they might be waiting for many months and wil put down their deposit today.

The wording of the text message makes it sound more like November-December, so the order page should also reflect that.

Realistically, I'm not sure we will see any here in 2019.

The other issue I have is taking posession of a very expensive (to me anyway) car that likely needs to be well inspected, in the middle of an Irish winter and then driving it out onto potentially horrible, wet, muddy and possibly salted roads before having a chance to even put some protection on it, not even a coat of wax/anti-corrosion spray.

This is starting to put a very bad taste in my mouth.

I had the opportunity to buy a Kona electric earlier in the year but indication were that the M3, the car I really want, was near so I didn't. I'm now without a car coming into the winter and would be gutted if I bought another brand now and then suddenly the M3 appears.

It's really feeling like a carrot on a stick at this point. :(

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Kona electric in paddy spec is not a competitor to the m3. Doesnt even have adaptive cruise!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement