Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

unkel wrote: »
    Without the spoiler the car won't let you drive at 261km/h.
    Not strictly true. When the spoiler is fitted Tesla unlock the speed. Nothing to stop an owner removing it after the event. It's only stuck on.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭batts_not_incl

Well I arrived in San Francisco earlier this evening and there are Tesla's EVERYWHERE. I saw 3 model 3s on the drive in from the airport.
    Hoping to catch a glimpse of a grey one here as I haven't seen that colour in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Well I arrived in San Francisco earlier this evening and there are Tesla's EVERYWHERE. I saw 3 model 3s on the drive in from the airport.
    Hoping to catch a glimpse of a grey one here as I haven't seen that colour in the flesh.

Yeah - they are everywhere. Just back. I’m practically Model 3 and Tesla in general blind. Don’t worry you’ll see every different config possible!

I’d a grey one with white interior on order, I changed my interior back to black after seeing the grey and black in person over there and also seeing the white interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Estimated delivery was right for New Zealanders anyway. Deliveries have started.

https://twitter.com/geoffloweitools/status/1165825060113809408?s=21

• Advertisement

hatrack wrote: »
    Estimated delivery was right for New Zealanders anyway. Deliveries have started.

https://twitter.com/geoffloweitools/status/1165825060113809408?s=21

WTF is going on with ROI??

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

bdogg wrote: »
    WTF is going on with ROI??

When did NZ ordering go live?

When did NZ ordering go live?

It was the same day as us - 31st May 2019

https://twitter.com/Tesla/status/1134322753203388416

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

bdogg wrote: »
    I was same days as us 30th May 2019

https://twitter.com/Tesla/status/1134322753203388416

And delivery estimate was August.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

This is the poor Tesla customer service I just received:
    • I ordered a Model 3 LR yesterday from a referral code link
    • I wasn't sure if I had messed up the referral code process during the order cause of browser problem
    • I contacted Tesla Customer Service right after making the order to make sure the referral code was on the order (knowing that they are able to fix this and add code afterwards)
    • Result: they made no effort at all to help and I've cancelled the order now.
    Here's the essentials from email thread:

Original request:
    I'm not sure if the referral code I wanted to use was added to my order today, can you add?
    Tesla reply:
    As mentioned in the referral links terms and conditions, you can only make use of it when placing an order through the link. It is not possible to have it added afterwards.

My reply:
    Are you sure? It is possible according to: https://tesla-referral-codes.com/how-to-add-referral-code-after-order/

I can cancel my order and re-enter if that will do it ...
    Tesla response:
    The link you sent is not taken from our website. This is a private website that is not related to Tesla and is therefore not in accordance with our guidelines.

As mentioned in the referral links terms and conditions on our website, you can only make use of it when placing an order through the link. It is not possible to have it added afterwards.
    My response:
    The point from that website is that many Tesla customers have clearly added the referral right after ordering, which is what I am trying to do as I was not sure if the referral code link I used actually did the expected thing when I ordered. Clearly it did not work.

The referral code can be added afterwards but you're making an issue of it for a small benefit (1500km of supercharging) after I've ordered a car valued at 59,000 euro. What sort of customer service is that????

I'll go ahead and cancel the order.
    No communication after that. I've gone ahead and started the cancellation process, I hope that is straightforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sounds like you were at fault, not Tesla, as you didn't read the T+C?
    People are really digging the bottom of the barrel for anti-Tesla nonsense these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

mrbongo wrote: »
    This is the poor Tesla customer service I just received:
    • I ordered a Model 3 LR yesterday from a referral code link
    • I wasn't sure if I had messed up the referral code process during the order cause of browser problem
    • I contacted Tesla Customer Service right after making the order to make sure the referral code was on the order (knowing that they are able to fix this and add code afterwards)
    • Result: they made no effort at all to help and I've cancelled the order now.
    Here's the essentials from email thread:

Original request:
    Tesla reply:

My reply:
    Tesla response:
    My response:
    No communication after that. I've gone ahead and started the cancellation process, I hope that is straightforward.

Great news I have just moved up one in the delivery schedule- know you did not do it for me but thank you anyway!!!

mouthful wrote: »
    Great news I have just moved up one in the delivery schedule- know you did not do it for me but thank you anyway!!!

Only if you ordered in the last day :)

ELM327 wrote: »
    People are really digging the bottom of the barrel for anti-Tesla nonsense these days.

Granted I made a mistake during the ordering process. But customer service is not about doing nothing when everything goes right (no service needed), it's about helping out when things go wrong. It was a very small thing to them that they were able to fix, but chose not to - that's simply bad customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Granted I made a mistake during the ordering process. But customer service is not about doing nothing when everything goes right (no service needed), it's about helping out when things go wrong. It was a very small thing to them that they were able to fix, but chose not to - that's simply bad customer service.

Should be livid for loosing a sale.

smokybacon wrote: »
    Should be livid for loosing a sale.
    Except they don't care I suspect as there's many many others next up in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

not really, it's just an example of poor customer service ... to add to all the other examples in this thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Tesla are simply applying a stated policy to which you have requested an exception, and they've refused to grant one.

Whether it's bad customer service or not is subjective, but technically you're not a customer yet because you haven't taken delivery of a car.

This is arguably a good strategy for Tesla, since they are filtering out fussy people. Tesla rely on word of mouth recommendations from owners, and if you're moaning now about a referral issue that has no impact on your ownership experience, you're likely to go ballistic over real issues like paint defects or panel gaps.

Since Tesla can sell the car anyway, why would they want you as a customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

In fairness. Computer says no is something you might expect from a budget airline. But buying a car worth 59,000 you would expect some kind of service

drumm23 wrote: »
    not really, it's just an example of poor customer service ... to add to all the other examples in this thread :(
    The chap already said it was his fault :confused:

Anyway expecting brilliant customer service for ordering a model 3 is nonsense, the company is overrun with orders and inane queries of people who can't simply wait for their car to be delivered. This is what happened when the S came out first, then the X, the 3 is the same and I'm sure the Y will be too. Just wait, you'll get your car, and it will be the best car you've ever owned, because it's a Tesla it is worth the hassle.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    In fairness. Computer says no is something you might expect from a budget airline. But buying a car worth 59,000 you would expect some kind of service

You have to remember that paying €59k is small change for a company where cars cost over €80k normally.
    I was looking at a new X there and it's nearly 100k for the cheapest one since the standard range one was removed.

Lumen wrote: »
    Since Tesla can sell the car anyway, why would they want you as a customer?

Eh? Surely any business wants to increase sales. A business is not simply "I've got 10 on hand and am happy when they're all sold", it's built on selling as much as possible.

On customer service, a tiny effort on Tesla's part would've prevented the loss of a sale plus turn an effort into some positive publicity, rather than negative as here.

It's all small change in Tesla's scale but attitude is poor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Just wait, you'll get your car, and it will be the best car you've ever owned, because it's a Tesla it is worth the hassle.

Jesus, fanboy much!? You're beginning to sound like me :P

Eh? Surely any business wants to increase sales. A business is not simply "I've got 10 on hand and am happy when they're all sold", it's built on selling as much as possible.

This is a common misconception. Have you never heard of "firing the customer"?
    On customer service, a tiny effort on Tesla's part would've prevented the loss of a sale plus turn an effort into some positive publicity, rather than negative as here.

I can't speak for anyone else, but you moaning about them not bending over backwards makes no difference to my perception of the brand, except that I might be a bit more careful filling out the order form. So thanks for that. :)

I care more about real issues.

It's all small change in Tesla's scale but attitude is poor.

Yes but if the first 10 are no hassle, and you are hassle, the 10 sales are easier than dealing with a problem customer for an 11th sale that costs them more in opex (employing staff to deal with you) and that eats into what is probably a very thin margin. If you ordered an SR+ in white with no extras it's probably not even making them more than a couple of percent. Their profit is in the M3P/LRAWD models

Yes but if the first 10 are no hassle, and you are hassle, the 10 sales are easier than dealing with a problem customer for an 11th sale that costs them more in opex (employing staff to deal with you) and that eats into what is probably a very thin margin. If you ordered an SR+ in white with no extras it's probably not even making them more than a couple of percent. Their profit is in the M3P/LRAWD models

You're suggesting that adding a referral code to an order is eating up the profits of their cars?

You think that adding a referral code is more costly than responding to the multiple emails and the whole business of processing the order refund?

Lumen wrote: »
    I can't speak for anyone else, but you moaning about them not bending over backwards makes no difference to my perception of the brand, except that I might be a bit more careful filling out the order form.

Bend over backwards? What I requested, and what has been processed many times in the past, was far, far from bending over backwards.

And I didn't post to change your perception, simply as a heads up to people. Was I supposed to not tell people about it for some odd reason? It was an easy and reasonable request to fulfil, one which they can't prevent anyway as I can reorder with the referral code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Can I ask what a referral code is worth in real life money?

mrbongo, the problem with your logic, again, is that they are not building all the cars they can sell, they are selling all the cars they can build.

They are supply constrained, and have chosen to deal with this via massive waiting lists as opposed to just raising the price of the car until demand matches supply.

If they raised the price €10k then demand would probably reduce to meet supply, margins would go up, and their shareholders would stop moaning about the precarious financial state of the company.

But Musk doesn't want to do that, he wants to keep the promise of reasonably priced EVs that blow away the opposition.

It's the same logic that drives the decision for Telsa to not advertise. Musk doesn't want to spend money on advertising, because that would make the cars more expensive.

There are other inflexibilities that I find mildly irritating. Why can't I order a Model 3P with 18" wheels? Why can't I have a different interior colour to black or white? Why can't I have the car in lambo orange? But that's all part of the deal, you get what's on offer or you go elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Just received a text from Tesla that deliveries are expected end of 2019, so now it is official I'd say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement