Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

sk8board wrote: »
    Wait till a few cancellations start

Only its impossible to cancel as no one answers the photo or responds to the contact section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,134 ✭✭✭✭unkel

sk8board wrote: »
    folks putting down €50-70k cash with no clear delivery date are fully entitled to phone every single day if they want :)

Nobody has put down any cash.

The staff in Sandyford haven't a clue when the cars will be delivered. Completely pointless to ring them unless you want to waste your own time and wind yourself up even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

krissovo wrote: »
    Maybe they should channel their efforts in putting together an effective communication plan and work on responding to queries within a few days rather than weeks!

Having spoken to them directly I believe they are non the wiser than us. The decisions are made above their pay grade and subject to change at short notice. I am sure their job is quite stressful at the moment- pestering them is unhelpful, unkind and a complete waste of time in my view

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No one has paid anything yet other than a refundable deposit.
    The phone staff aren't any more up to date than we are.

You may wait. A 50k car is a lot to you (and me) but remember, it's the cheapest car Tesla ever sold so for them it's small change

mouthful wrote: »
    Having spoken to them directly I believe they are non the wiser than us. The decisions are made above their pay grade and subject to change at short notice. I am sure their job is quite stressful at the moment- pestering them is unhelpful, unkind and a complete waste of time in my view

for sure
    They aren't going to be able to help
    It's like asking a dealer when the new model is coming out (eg for the leaf 40)
    We were told by Nissan Ireland that the leaf 40 would have 3 phase AC and thermal management!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Everyone has put 2k down fully refundable. You can cancel your order online, send them an email. Phoning them takes up a lot of their time and yours.

I think people are mistaking Tesla showroom for a normal car dealership. Its all centralized in the US and its all online. The benefit of this is that every gets the same low price, there is not price gouging between territories. The downside is that the people in the dealership have no control over what happens.

If you want to Victor Meldrew them fire ahead, but it wont make your car turn up any sooner. If you dont buy it somebody else will immediately, the more people cancel the sooner I get my car, and I will take mine on December 31st if its ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭carloscorreia

Everyone has put 2k down fully refundable. You can cancel your order online,

You can only cancel by email once you have configured the car, no option online.

I cancelled mine online earlier in the year

krissovo wrote: »
    You can only cancel by email once you have configured the car, no option online.

You wont have paid your deposit unless you have configured your car?, I dont know what your point is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

You wont have paid your deposit unless you have configured your car?, I dont know what your point is.

Lots of people paid €1,000 to reserve also.

Plenty of people paid a deposit without configuring a car, at least 180 in Ireland. My point is that you cannot cancel online, you are then at the mercy of the email response by Tesla to even initiate the process.

I sent them a email yesterday at 4pm....got a reply by 5pm. Maybe I am asking the right questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭batts_not_incl

hi all. long time lurker first time poster.
    just ordered a midnight silver m3p with black interior, no FSD yesterday.
    i was a reservation holder from early this year but was procrastinating.
    looking forward to joining in the debates :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Well come and join the agonizing wait.
    Out of curiosity what was your invoice number? Would be nice to get a rough idea of the number of orders in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8 maulvand

Nice Choice- exact same spec as mine!

rg_lv wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what was your invoice number? Would be nice to get a rough idea of the number of orders in Ireland

looks like i'm the 350th

maulvand wrote: »
    Nice Choice- exact same spec as mine!

twins! i'll give you a headlight flash several months from now no doubt :)

rg_lv wrote: »

Mine ends 0194- ordered mid june

twins! i'll give you a headlight flash several months from now no doubt :)

I have a feeling it'll be at least 2020 anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

maulvand wrote: »
    Mine ends 0194- ordered mid june

Mid 267 ordered start of Jul -
    Useless stat : Average 2.4 orders every day !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Hartunion wrote: »

Unfortunate stat: Average 0.0 deliveries every day !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

All the ships that are being loaded, on course for zeebruge or due at pier 80 at the moment are Europe destined, so there is a drive to get cars to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,939 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How much is the annual insurance for one of these?

I am 599 order number so I got to get used to waiting. Still Tesla are clever there are 3 trim levels, 6 colours, two interiors and everything else is software...so only 36 variants, they can ship whatever and its likely they will have the cars your after...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I am 599 order number so I got to get used to waiting. Still Tesla are clever there are 3 trim levels, 6 colours, two interiors and everything else is software...so only 36 variants, they can ship whatever and its likely they will have the cars your after...

What about AWD and RWD? Software also?

Standard is RWD both the others performance and long range are dual motor so AWD, actually only 5 colours, white, black, blue, grey and red, and two interiors black and white. The autodriving option is software. So actually only 30 variants and I suppose they know what colour are more popular so they can produce away without any notion what been ordered and just sort it out once they are landed. So it may be that somebody who orders a rare performance in white gets it first while somebody after a black on black long rage has to wait longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I suppose they know what colour are more popular so they can produce away without any notion what been ordered and just sort it out once they are landed. So it may be that somebody who orders a rare performance in white gets it first while somebody after a black on black long rage has to wait longer.

I’m just speculating but I’d imagine the batches they try to shift out the door ASAP are the ones with higher margin specs to make everyone feel comfortable with the next earnings call.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

cnocbui wrote: »
    How much is the annual insurance for one of these?

I was quoted 600 fully comp with wife as named driver by axa

Edit - for a performance in white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Hartunion wrote: »
    Mid 267 ordered start of Jul -

Where do you find your invoice number? I ordered last week, only have the order agreement document with no invoice number.

Edit: realised I was in the UK site, changed to Ireland and an additional document is added about gray markets??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement