Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So the cheapest Tesla available on website is 38k UKP? correct?

Correct. But the SR should be available by calling the sales office it going into store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

So in theory our 49 k* Irish model 3 could actually be able to be got for a lower figure by going for the SR instead of SR+????.

*SPECULATED

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd imagine the SR has the same battery as the SR+ but software restricted...can't find reference to this anywhere though, 50kWh battery??

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the "SR" the fabled $35k base model? (or as close as we will ever get to that at least)

Old diesel wrote: »
    So in theory our 49 k* Irish model 3 could actually be able to be got for a lower figure by going for the SR instead of SR+????.

*SPECULATED

Yes, €3k-4k cheaper I'd imagine but you'd also be taking a step back on the interior, losing 12-way power adjustable heated front seats; Premium seat material and trim; Upgraded audio – immersive sound; LED fog lamps; Docking for 2 smartphones

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is the "SR" the fabled $35k base model? (or as close as we will ever get to that at least)

Yes and not a fable, already shipped in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Somebody in the Tesla Model 3 UK Facebook group asked and was told that the SR won't be available in the UK. It's pretty clear that Tesla don't really want to sell it, other than to deliver on Musk's promise of a $35K car. The SR+ is a big jump in quality for the price in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Somebody in the Tesla Model 3 UK Facebook group asked and was told that the SR won't be available in the UK. It's pretty clear that Tesla don't really want to sell it, other than to deliver on Musk's promise of a $35K car. The SR+ is a big jump in quality for the price in any case.

It was announced, then a few weeks later it was pulled. You can order now via calling the support and then getting them to put a OTA software update to restrict the car.....

Even some of the Tesla pro website said it had to be launched just to say they did it, I dont expect anyone in Europe will ever get a chance to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Looking again at pricing in UK and other European markets, there's a fairly consistent €10K step from SR+ to LR to P.

The gap from Model 3 Performance to base Model S is not quite as consistent -- roughly €18K in UK, only €14K in Austria. We already pay €5-6K more than our continental cousins for the S or X, so hopefully we see a bigger gap between the two.

Worst case scenario:
    SR+: €53K
    LR: €63K
    Performance: €73K

Best case scenario:
    SR+: €45K
    LR: €55K
    Performance: €65K

Split the difference -- most likely to me:
    SR+: €49K
    LR: €59K
    Performance: €69K

^all after taxes, grants and includes delivery, but no paint, FSD.

Ahh to be honest it is all too confusing...so many prices....better off just waiting for the online config tool and seeing how much the bloody thing costs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Finance in UK seems very saucy at 5.4%, will be interesting to see PCP prices here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Villain wrote: »
    Finance in UK seems very saucy at 5.4%, will be interesting to see PCP prices here.

Think Tesla have blew it in the UK

They were banking on serious sales boost there

Not gonna happen now

38,000 sterling after government incentive is like 50,000 usd, crazy price and crap finance rates like u mentioned

Looking on the UK forums see alot of them cancelling orders and talking about VW 0% pcp email that came out today about VW ID

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

someone on my twitter got an email saying the model 3 is coming to Ireland, anyone with a reservation get anything? He didn't share the full email :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

The Standard Range $35k is a compliance car, built only to meet Musk's promise and losing money for Tesla.

They don't really make them - it was going to have a cloth interior, downgraded sound system, smaller battery etc. In fact it's just an SR+ with the leather interior and all the other bits, with the battery pack software limited to reduce the range.

And not for sale in Europe, and probably never will be. Even the SR+ is borderline for Tesla, they really need to upsell extras like paint (€2100 for red!)

Looking again at pricing in UK and other European markets, there's a fairly consistent €10K step from SR+ to LR to P.

In the UK the upgrade from SR+ to LR is £9,000.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    On the hyundai UK website its 38k for the top spec 64kwh. 32k is the 40kwh version I think.

Kia Niro 64kWh is £33k. Paint is £500, no other options available.

It's a bit annoying because they downgraded the interior a bit - even the UK website shows the higher spec one, but you can't get it yet.

Bad news is that both the Niro and Kona are sold out and estimated waiting times are a year now.

Leaf 62kWh should be easier to get but it's not cheap and most people are waiting to see if the battery has any cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

someone on my twitter got an email saying the model 3 is coming to Ireland, anyone with a reservation get anything? He didn't share the full email :pac:

I just got it.

Starting today Model 3 will be on display at Tesla Dublin Sandyford.
    Join us to be among the first in Ireland to sit inside Model 3 and experience the expansive glass roof, premium interior and 15-inch touchscreen display.
    Model 3 is designed to attain the highest safety ratings in every category and achieves up to 560km (WLTP) of range.

There is also a link that leads to the following:

Meet Model 3 in Dublin

Tesla Dublin Sandyford
    92 Bracken Road Sandyford
    Dublin , Ireland

April 30 — June 30
    Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 | Sat 09:00 - 17:00 | Sun: CLOSED

Starting 30th April, Model 3 will be on display at Tesla Dublin Sandyford.

Visit us to be among the first to sit inside Model 3 and experience the expansive glass roof, premium interior and 15-inch touchscreen display.

Reservation holders will get priority access.

Please note that test drives with Model 3 will not be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Thanks, pretty much a lot of info we already know and zero info that we want at this stage, the price :pac:

I got one email about the ID and then very next email was about the Tesla Model 3

Finally we are getting some competition in the BEV market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Got am email too, find it strange they are displaying it with no pricing. I'll venture out tomorrow for a gander in the flesh.

• Advertisement

jusmeig wrote: »
    Got am email too, find it strange they are displaying it with no pricing. I'll venture out tomorrow for a gander in the flesh.

Maybe when they have pricing, I find it fairly pointless to test drive a car with no idea what the price is for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Maybe when they have pricing, I find it fairly pointless to test drive a car with no idea what the price is for it...

No test drives yet. We have a fair idea of the price though.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    No test drives yet. We have a fair idea of the price though.

Put lots of prices on a dart board, fire a dart and whichever it hits is the price :p

kuro68k wrote: »
    The Standard Range $35k is a compliance car, built only to meet Musk's promise and losing money for Tesla.

They don't really make them - it was going to have a cloth interior, downgraded sound system, smaller battery etc. In fact it's just an SR+ with the leather interior and all the other bits, with the battery pack software limited to reduce the range.

And not for sale in Europe, and probably never will be. Even the SR+ is borderline for Tesla, they really need to upsell extras like paint (€2100 for red!)

33,000 USD for a reduced range SR in Canada.

https://electrek.co/2019/05/01/tesla-cheaper-model-3-canada-incentive/

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Surely all those software limitations can be hacked?

I'll have full self driving and 62kWh battery for my €30k please :D

Popped on my VPN and configured my dream M3, some of the variants are mad expensive e.g. 19" wheels £1,450

Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive £47,050
    Deep Blue Metallic Paint£950
    18’’ Aero WheelsIncluded
    All Black Premium InteriorIncluded
    AutopilotIncluded
    Full Self-Driving Capability£4,900

Purchase Price£52,900
    Destination & doc fee£850

£53,750

Estimated Delivery in June

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭josip

ted1 wrote: »

Does this mean that they're producing more units than they can sell at a higher price?
    It sounds to me like supply has outstripped demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

My real life choice would probably be (not going to spend thousands on wheels and paint)

Model 3 Standard Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
    Solid Black Paint
    18’’ Aero Wheels
    All Black Partial Premium Interior
    Autopilot

£38,900

But I would sure enquire about the base model price. The full self driving I'll pick up later at some point when it looks like the regulators in Europe are going to allow it / when Elon offers it as a Cyber Monday special deal :p

josip wrote: »
    Does this mean that they're producing more units than they can sell at a higher price?
    It sounds to me like supply has outstripped demand.

Nope it means they’ll sell software restricted cars with limited range and hop to God that people pay for the upgrade within 24 months.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    My real life choice would probably be (not going to spend thousands on wheels and paint)

Model 3 Standard Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
    Solid Black Paint
    18’’ Aero Wheels
    All Black Partial Premium Interior
    Autopilot

£38,900

But I would sure enquire about the base model price. The full self driving I'll pick up later at some point when it looks like the regulators in Europe are going to allow it / when Elon offers it as a Cyber Monday special deal :p

That’ll be about 30 minutes before the end of a bad quarter ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement