Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Not this ****e again !?

Every couple of weeks, a few sweeping statements later they are off again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭traco

Love this thread - I make sure I always have a coffee when checking!

I drop in every few days for some facts on the cars release date / prices and end up going through 10 pages of handbag swinging to find the 5 relevant posts. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Top gear M3 vs Tesla Model 3 showdown......

https://youtu.be/DSRWKxytW40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

traco wrote: »
    Love this thread - I make sure I always have a coffee when checking!

I drop in every few days for some facts on the cars release date / prices and end up going through 10 pages of handbag swinging to find the 5 relevant posts. Brilliant.

Well it is page 100 of posts for me and yet to see a confirmed price for the Model 3. Something was posted yesterday and then got lost in a pile of sh*t :P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Your around long enough KCross

You know the 48k figure is going to be correct

Sad but probably true. We're forever getting shafted on prices in Ireland. Portugal have the same rate of VAT, Ireland has a 5k deduction on purchase and the cars cost the same amount to produce regardless of where in the eurozone. I'm not sure how a Model 3 in Portugal (with 0 grants on purchase price) can cost 48,900 and a Model 3 in Ireland will cost 48,000 other than blatant opportunism.

Anyway - there's been very little actual Tesla talk in this thread over the last few pages. So here's a Tesla contribution: apparently Rich Repairs, the lad who fixes up Tesla cars and posts videos on YouTube, is on Joe Rogan today. Might be interesting. He's had a lot of **** from Tesla over the years and has done some really incredible restorations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

kev22185 wrote: »
    Sad but probably true. We're forever getting shafted on prices in Ireland. Portugal have the same rate of VAT, Ireland has a 5k deduction on purchase and the cars cost the same amount to produce regardless of where in the eurozone. I'm not sure how a Model 3 in Portugal (with 0 grants on purchase price) can cost 48,900 and a Model 3 in Ireland will cost 48,000 other than blatant opportunism.

Model 3 should be 5k cheaper than in Portugal in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Someone I know was in the showroom today and Tesla don't know pricing yet, should do in next week or two when it goes up on configurator.

It is nice to see a Model 3 in their showroom but kinda funny that they bring in a LHD version with no idea of pricing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Sabre Man wrote: »

Model 3 should be 5k cheaper than in Portugal in that case.

I think the point is that an Irish car should be 43 k after the 5 k SEAI grant coming off it.

(The other 5 k is a VRT rebate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Sad but probably true. We're forever getting shafted on prices in Ireland

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Old diesel wrote: »
    I think the point is that an Irish car should be 43 k after the 5 k SEAI grant coming off it.

(The other 5 k is a VRT rebate)

Depends on what the OMSP is on the car incl VRT, VAT etc.

There may be a residual VRT of 3K which would mean we should be 2K cheaper than Portugal.

Only a guess at the moment..

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How does pricing of other evs here compare to Portugal? I can't find rrp for Portugal online but I suspect a kona is still around the 40k mark even though they don't have incentives?

Edit: For example a leaf 40kwh is 30k there. Our incentives don't affect the real on the road price of the cars here at all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How does pricing of other evs here compare to Portugal? I can't find rrp for Portugal online but I suspect a kona is still around the 40k mark even though they don't have incentives?

Edit: For example a leaf 40kwh is 30k there. Our incentives don't affect the real on the road price of the cars here at all imo.

I don't know about Pt but in Spain the prices are:

Kona EV Tekno 64Kwh 42.500
    Kona EV Style 64Kwh 45.300 (it is definitely more equipped than paddy spec)
    Model 3 SR+ 48.200

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I was on the phone to Tesla again today and the guy said it will be near enough to 49k with the grant. The 49k is the European price then add vrt and deduct the grant amount. Just repeating what sales guy told me. If he is wrong and it's a lower price happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Whatever about who is saying what, it seems improbable that a Tesla will be priced at the same level as a Kia/Hyundai.

The only price I can find for the Kona EV in Portugal is €43500. Not sure of spec but looks better than ours. (BTW it's called the Kauai in Portugal. Kona means something else..:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭rocky

Lumen wrote: »
    Whatever about who is saying what, it seems improbable that a Tesla will be priced at the same level as a Kia/Hyundai.

True, the Tesla will probably have a more rattly interior :). I've a deposit for a model 3, but not at 49k...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

eagerv wrote: »
    The only price I can find for the Kona EV in Portugal is €43500. Not sure of spec but looks better than ours. (BTW it's called the Kauai in Portugal. Kona means something else..:D)

So 43500 for a better spec in a country with no incentives compared to our 50k before incentives for the lower spec. I'd say portugal's pricing for the model 3 will reflect our price after incentives based on that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Deer wrote: »
    I was on the phone to Tesla again today and the guy said it will be near enough to 49k with the grant.

It's shockingly unprofessional that Tesla staff make statements about the price (to all and sundry but also to the press!!!), when it is clearly not yet communicated to them. Particularly if it turns out they got the figures completely wrong. They should have been told to say nothing about the price until it is there for all to see in the configurator

Not very wise either to demo a car that has no price yet. They should have kept it locked up until the day the configurator was up

Tesla have a lot to learn still...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

rocky wrote: »
    True, the Tesla will probably have a more rattly interior :). I've a deposit for a model 3, but not at 49k...

Probable rattles aside, the SR+ apparently does 0-60mph in 5.something seconds, which is in a different league to the 7.something of the Koniro.

(0-100mph at 2:30 mark)

So 43500 for a better spec in a country with no incentives compared to our 50k before incentives for the lower spec. I'd say portugal's pricing for the model 3 will reflect our price after incentives based on that unfortunately.

Incentives are keeping the prices artificially high

Its a disaster

Said it many times

Scrap them for unaffordable €30k+ EVs and let's see how many Model 3s Tesla can sell at 58k and Hyundai Kona's at 49k

Might as well give the 10k incentive straight to manufacturers at this stage, they are taking the piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Deer wrote: »
    I was on the phone to Tesla again today and the guy said it will be near enough to 49k with the grant. The 49k is the European price then add vrt and deduct the grant amount. Just repeating what sales guy told me. If he is wrong and it's a lower price happy days.

I presume this includes Autopilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Lumen wrote:

Forgive me stupidity here, but was that not the goal (both stated and actual) of the model 3 -- an EV for the masses, a Tesla that would be cheaper and better than the competition...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

unkel wrote: »
    It's shockingly unprofessional that Tesla staff make statements about the price (to all and sundry but also to the press!!!), when it is clearly not yet communicated to them. Particularly if it turns out they got the figures completely wrong. They should have been told to say nothing about the price until it is there for all to see in the configurator

Not very wise either to demo a car that has no price yet. They should have kept it locked up until the day the configurator was up

Tesla have a lot to learn still...

Unsurprising and no worse than the example set by their vapour-ware tweeting leader. Your constant efforts to rationalise the anticipated price downwards is amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Yes, Autopilot is standard on all models now.

Its a disaster

Said it many times

Scrap them for unaffordable €30k+ EVs and let's see how many Model 3s Tesla can sell at 58k and Hyundai Kona's at 49k

Might as well give the 10k incentive straight to manufacturers at this stage, they are taking the piss

In some ways I can see your point. Generally manufacturers price all over the place, with an end price of what the market can just bear.

However I thought I read, perhaps incorrectly, that Tesla are pricing the Model 3 at the same price throughout Europe, so final pricing will depend upon local VAT, VRT etc less grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Its a disaster

Said it many times

Governments meddling with markets is almost always a very bad idea, IMO. You always get ideologues as the driving force and you end up with unintended negative consequences. A perfect example would be Ireland having a 99% diesel vehicle population because a CO2 ideologue named Gormley thought NO and carcinogens were better than CO2. Now cities all over Europe are rushing to ban diesels altogether. Good one, Gormley. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cnocbui wrote: »
    Your constant efforts to rationalise the anticipated price downwards is amusing.

Is that aimed at me? :confused:

We don't know the price as it is not public, so we are speculating. But an educated guess based on the figures in other countries, taking into account taxation and incentive differences would suggest the price in Ireland for the SR+ incl Autopilot should be thousands lower than €49k after incentives.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Yes - it does indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

Got tired of lack of updates, plus I find the lack of an instrument cluster ugly as hell.

479098.png

_

• Advertisement

v10 wrote: »
    Got tired of lack of updates, plus I find the lack of an instrument cluster ugly as hell.

I'll be doing the same soon

That glass roof would have driven me mad anyway, hate the sun and not wearing a hat in the car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement