Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mike9832 wrote: »
    I'll be doing the same soon

That glass roof would have driven me mad anyway, hate the sun and not wearing a hat in the car

Why would you need to wear a hat in the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Mickeroo wrote: »

So other driver know to give him a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

The glass roof is tinted, is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Mickeroo wrote: »

Have pretty sensitive eyes, always wear sunglasses and hat on holiday's etc

SaintsYB wrote: »
    The glass roof is tinted, is it not?

It is, but gets a lot of complaint's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

v10 wrote: »
    Got tired of lack of updates, plus I find the lack of an instrument cluster ugly as hell.

479098.png

_
    So you're cancelling a day before the configurator opens and u don't like no instrument cluster even though it clearly never had one 🙄

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Incentives are keeping the prices artificially high
    Might as well give the 10k incentive straight to manufacturers at this stage, they are taking the piss

Isn't that the point of the incentives, give the money directly to manufacturers to encourage production and sales. If they capped the grant to cars available for under €25,000 the market will produce paddy spec cars that will sell for €24,995 and we'd all be here complaining that we've been excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

goob20s wrote: »
    So you're cancelling a day before the configurator opens and u don't like no instrument cluster even though it clearly never had one 🙄

Well I’m the opposite, I’m thinking of putting down a deposit.

My wife used have a Mini, we both got very used to central instruments very quickly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

6034073Some went the other way

liamog wrote: »
    Isn't that the point of the incentives, give the money directly to manufacturers to encourage production and sales. If they capped the grant to cars available for under €25,000 the market will produce paddy spec cars that will sell for €24,995 and we'd all be here complaining that we've been excluded.

I don't know

I am probably talking crap as usual

We are getting seriously screwed at the moment, that's all I know

Kona 64/eNiro/Leaf 62 /Tesla Model 3, prices are just ridiculous imo

My yoke doesn't have long left so will get a 1 year old BMW 330e for 25k I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

liamog wrote: »
    More likely they would just ignore the Irish market.

It's quite common for mfrs to ignore the market if they don't believe the cars will sell. I've had to import from UK in the past for this reason, but servicing can be difficult and insurance more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

My yoke doesn't have long left so will get a 1 year old BMW 330e for 25k I think.

Sounds like a great plan! - but considering the cheapest 181 model (so substantially over a year old) on carzone is 34K not perhaps an entirely realistic one.

2-3 year old maybe... and a great buy at that age for that money too.

catharsis wrote: »
    Sounds like a great plan! - but considering the cheapest 181 model (so substantially over a year old) on carzone is 34K not perhaps an entirely realistic one.

2-3 year old maybe... and a great buy at that age for that money too.

Loads of them in the UK, would never buy here ,vrt is tiny on them

225xe looks good too, as is Mercedes c350e, but a little bit more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭v10

goob20s wrote: »

No, I reserved 2 years ago and I cancelled about 3/4 weeks ago, the last update I got from Tesla regarding my reservation was in November 2017 so I just lost faith. Obviously I knew it had no instrument cluster and thought maybe that would grow on me but it never did.

v10 wrote: »
    No, I reserved 2 years ago and I cancelled about 3/4 weeks ago, the last update I got from Tesla regarding my reservation was in November 2017 so I just lost faith. Obviously I knew it had no instrument cluster and thought maybe that would grow on me but it never did.

What are you going to buy instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭v10

What are you going to buy instead?

Considering a used Model S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Maybe I might be alone here......

But Autopilot/THAT styling/a Tesla/5 seconds 0 to 60.

for 49 k could arguably be value for money.

Brand new out of the box.

Yes it would be nicer if it was 42 k - but if you are open to EVs - what else is there for 50 k NEW that's as interesting.

And capable of doing 5 people/shopping in the boot.

Low EV "fuel" cost too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭josip

Must say the blue looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,061 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just saw live the very successful launch of Falcon Heavy. All 3 re-usable boosters landed back down on earth (and on a ship) to perfection. Less than half an hour after take off, the rocket is doing 37000km/h and is already well over 700km above earth. In orbit now. And payload delivered (satellite launch). Amazing stuff.

Sorry if this off topic but it was just amazing to see and I wanted to share :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    Just saw live the very successful launch of Falcon Heavy. All 3 re-usable boosters landed back down on earth (and on a ship) to perfection. Less than half an hour after take off, the rocket is doing 37000km/h and is already well over 700km above earth. In orbit now. And payload delivered (satellite launch). Amazing stuff.

Sorry if this off topic but it was just amazing to see and I wanted to share :)

Live?! Arabsat 6a was launched on April 11...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

grogi wrote: »

I was almost swearing there. I'm about 50 miles from cape Canaveral on hols, and keeping an eye on the situation with the SpaceX launch schedule and thought I'd missed something!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I was almost swearing there. I'm about 50 miles from cape Canaveral on hols, and keeping an eye on the situation with the SpaceX launch schedule and thought I'd missed something!

And to keep it on topic, as we we're leaving Kennedy Space center yesterday a very nice red Model 3 with the custom licence place "N4S4" overtook me. Was very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ecdl_2000

Model 3 Order page flashed up on Tesla UK just now. It was standard plus for 34,550GBP after UK plug in subsidy applied. With no extras selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

apologies yeah the price looks good at that.
    ecdl_2000 wrote: »
    Model 3 Order page flashed up on Tesla UK just now. It was standard plus for 34,550GBP after UK plug in subsidy applied. With no extras selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

So it really might be October / November for us then.

How hard would it be just to buy a UK one? Presume you’d miss the grant and have a bit of VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Starting at around 45K EUR in the UK, with June deliveries. I’d imagine Ireland will br similar enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hatrack wrote: »
    So it really might be October / November for us then.

How hard would it be just to buy a UK one? Presume you’d miss the grant and have a bit of VRT.

Loose the grant.
    VRT and VAT.

Would be better to wait the month or 2 if it’s later released.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,061 ✭✭✭✭unkel

grogi wrote: »

Damn! I noticed something funny about the dates alright, but it looked like it was live when I came across it on YT by accident. I saw the original launch live alright last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Starting at around 45K EUR in the UK, with June deliveries. I’d imagine Ireland will br similar enough.

Irish price will include residual VRT - ie the Model 3 VRT pre rebate is higher than 5 k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

UK prices as follows.

Base price £42,400. Luxury Car Tax £1,600. Total £44,000.

Hire Purchase (no PCP available) is £710/month, plus luxury car tax from year 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement