Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

benny79 wrote: »
    Paper said he's being in custody since 2003 and got convicted of the drugs charge in 2013 so thats 10 years served on the murder charge, which cant be just ignored. But who knows I feel its just headlines grabbing as these lads appeal and win and get out and it goes unnoticed..

the drugs charged sentence was backdated to 2008. Between 2003 and 2008 he in custody for other charges. According to the irish times

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/brian-rattigan-a-notorious-criminal-despite-many-years-in-prison-1.3769619

By February of 2003, Brian Rattigan was in prison. He was on bail in relation to a series of violent offences and drug crime, but this was revoked in February 2003 when he offended again. He fired shots at a Garda car during a high-speed chase in Inchicore.
    Not long after going to prison in 2003, the first of the many charges outstanding against him went to trial, resulting in a six-year term for drug-dealing. Soon after, Rattigan was jailed for three years for his role in a group attack on a taxi driver in Dublin city centre in April 2000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

His stronghold was basin lane flats complex in D8, he had a lot of loyal little and much younger gurriers in there. I knew of three of them when I lived there ten or so years ago.

One was burned and found buried in Kildare.
    The second who took a famous case against the guards and lost is a hopeless heroin addict
    The third was a notoriously violent inmate who is now clean and has left that world behind him.

Burbage, Owen and Have no idea who you’re referring to as the 3rd.

the drugs charged sentence was backdated to 2008. Between 2003 and 2008 he in custody for other charges. According to the irish times

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/brian-rattigan-a-notorious-criminal-despite-many-years-in-prison-1.3769619

He is entitled to the remand while serving a sentence as long he had not drawn bail on murder charge which he clearly didnt. He will win an appeal and most likely be out end of next year according to a few who are in the know.

He is entitled to the remand while serving a sentence as long he had not drawn bail on murder charge which he clearly didnt. He will win an appeal and most likely be out end of next year according to a few who are in the know.

He would have been in prison for all of this time if he had never been jailed for the murder charge. The time he spent locked up for murder was concurrent with other sentences he was serving. We will have to wait and see but i dont see any grounds for thinking he will be out next year.

He would have been in prison for all of this time if he had never been jailed for the murder charge. The time he spent locked up for murder was concurrent with other sentences he was serving. We will have to wait and see but i dont see any grounds for thinking he will be out next year.

He was committed for 4 years on the murder charge, I can’t see it going any other way with that.

• Advertisement

He was committed for 4 years on the murder charge, I can’t see it going any other way with that.

He has prison sentences for offences other than the murder that cover the entire period of his incarceration.

He has prison sentences for offences other than the murder that cover the entire period of his incarceration.

That is irrelevant he was entered into custody the judge ruled a concurrent sentence backdated to last October. That means time in custody should of been took into consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

You should start a thread in Legal Discussion about this sentence.
    It's an interesting discussion actually. I'm inclined to think you are wrong, but who knows.

Well even if he wins he wont be out next year. He is also serving a 17 year sentence backdated to June 2008. That brings him up to March 2021 if my maths is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

Even if he's out next year he would of been locked up for 16 to 18 years thats a very long time especially in this country when you compare to the likes of John Gilligan & Larry Murphy etc.. All his 20's and 30's ..

• Advertisement

benny79 wrote: »
    Even if he's out next year he would of been locked up for 16 to 18 years thats a very long time especially in this country when you compare to the likes of John Gilligan & Larry Murphy etc.. All his 20's and 30's ..

Gilligan served 17 years.

Well even if he wins he wont be out next year. He is also serving a 17 year sentence backdated to June 2008. That brings him up to March 2021 if my maths is correct.

Your maths is wrong. He is due for release 7th November this year from the drugs charge.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/evil-dublin-gangland-boss-brian-13904440.amp

Your maths is wrong. He is due for release 7th November this year from the drugs charge.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/evil-dublin-gangland-boss-brian-13904440.amp

June 2008 + (17 years * 0.75) = March 2021. He must have received further remission though god knows for what.

June 2008 + (17 years * 0.75) = March 2021. He must have received further remission though god knows for what.

Enhanced remission no doubt if he is in that long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

not sure exactly but papers did say he was due out late 2019 - until yesterdays solo run by the judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Nathan Foley got 6 years for being involved in David Douglas's murder.

Is this the new thing now. Once you didn't pull the trigger you can plead guilty to this lesser charge and get a vastly reduced sentence.

I'd say Freddy is kicking himself.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Nathan Foley got 6 years for being involved in David Douglas's murder.

Is this the new thing now. Once you didn't pull the trigger you can plead guilty to this lesser charge and get a vastly reduced sentence.

I'd say Freddy is kicking himself.

Freddie would be roled as the Joint enterprise facilitator. Nathan as a pawn, Aylmer, Keating and now him have all been given same option of facilitation charges. I’d love to know what judges seen different in Keating and Foley. Both involved pre murder and Foley involved Post murder also.

Foley to a higher extent.

Keating role consisted of fitting a tracker and driving a car into place pre murder.
    10 years

Foley drove gunman from to and from the scene, pre and post murder. Moved gunman from safe house to city center. Destroyed the 2 main cars.
    6 Years.

Something stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Freddie would be roled as the Joint enterprise facilitator. Nathan as a pawn, Aylmer, Keating and now him have all been given same option of facilitation charges. I’d love to know what judges seen different in Keating and Foley. Both involved pre murder and Foley involved Post murder also.

Foley to a higher extent.

Keating role consisted of fitting a tracker and driving a car into place pre murder.
    10 years

Foley drove gunman from to and from the scene, pre and post murder. Moved gunman from safe house to city center. Destroyed the 2 main cars.
    6 Years.

Something stinks.
    The system in this country is a laughing stock ,what would them men be serving in america or even england. ?

The system in this country is a laughing stock ,what would them men be serving in america or even england. ?

Nathan more then likely 55 to life W/O Freddie Life W/O Keating 35+

Shambles and it isn’t the system it’s just the judiciary as far as I can see DPP and prosecution is ensuring right cases with what they have to lock in any sentences. Someone’s making deals with the powers that be that much is a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Nathan more then likely 55 to life W/O Freddie Life W/O Keating 35+

Shambles and it isn’it t the system it’s just the judiciary as far as I can see DPP and prosecution is ensuring right cases with what they have to lock in any sentences. Someone’s making deals with the powers that be that much is a fact.

That's it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Have no idea who you’re referring to as the 3rd.

Shot a bouncer in the face at the red cow

Shot a bouncer in the face at the red cow

Turned his back on crime? You’re joking right.

He’s out a wet day and he’s 2 trials this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Foleys a little rat. Judge was a wanker with rattigans sentence and will surely be appealed. Regardless off his reputation that should have zero influence in a court of law and hes beem in prison since 2003. While he had other charges like shooting at the cops and the drugs charge he should be out given its only manslaughter hes doing. Juridical system is a joke. A man jimmy devanney copped a prostitutes head off a few years ago in athlone and because half the guards in the towns names were in here tic list he got off on manslaughter and three years. How the **** can you clop someones head off and get manslaughter

Foleys a little rat. Judge was a wanker with rattigans sentence and will surely be appealed. Regardless off his reputation that should have zero influence in a court of law and hes beem in prison since 2003. While he had other charges like shooting at the cops and the drugs charge he should be out given its only manslaughter hes doing. Juridical system is a joke. A man jimmy devanney copped a prostitutes head off a few years ago in athlone and because half the guards in the towns names were in here tic list he got off on manslaughter and three years. How the **** can you clop someones head off and get manslaughter

Did they prove premeditation and intent? Can’t remember the case off hand.

Turned his back on crime? You’re joking right.

He’s out a wet day and he’s 2 trials this year.

Twas another poster who said that he turned his life around, not me. I was just giving a hint to his identity as the third person. Same poster was wrong about other things too. Without the Roches there wouldn't be a 'rattigan faction' to begin with as you probably well know. As for our friend Wayne, he'll be in and out until his dying day. That's just the type of him.

Twas another poster who said that he turned his life around, not me. I was just giving a hint to his identity as the third person. Same poster was wrong about other things too. Without the Roches there wouldn't be a 'rattigan faction' to begin with as you probably well know. As for our friend Wayne, he'll be in and out until his dying day. That's just the type of him.

Yeah John and Noel would of been the feet on street when Brian went away. It’s a very strange one though as rumour has it Geraghty is running things for brian with Dempsey (Geraghty is throwing Brian’s ex a bone) and yes Wayne is a headcase of the highest order.

Yeah John and Noel would of been the feet on street when Brian went away. It’s a very strange one though as rumour has it Geraghty is running things for brian with Dempsey (Geraghty is throwing Brian’s ex a bone) and yes Wayne is a headcase of the highest order.

If the rumours are true, bizarre as it sounds Deco shacked up with Nat was probably a factor. No angel herself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

If the rumours are true, bizarre as it sounds Deco shacked up with Nat was probably a factor. No angel herself...

You've got that one totally wrong.

You've got that one totally wrong.

Probably, I don't venture south of the river often. I do know deco had to jump out a window because he was about to get plugged, supposedly on the orders of rattigan. But, by its very nature the drug trade is very fluid. You'll have lads working together one day and the next day they are out to kill one another. It was just a theory. Ie. Nat would have access to Brian’s cash, and used it to generate more money using Geraghty as the man on the ground, Geraghty on the other hand could've been given a 'pardon' by rattigan for ensuring that his nest egg is significantly bigger than it already was. As I said, just a theory. But stranger things have happened in fairness Paddy.

• Advertisement

Probably, I don't venture south of the river often. I do know deco had to jump out a window because he was about to get plugged, supposedly on the orders of rattigan. But, by its very nature the drug trade is very fluid. You'll have lads working together one day and the next day they are out to kill one another. It was just a theory. Ie. Nat would have access to Brian’s cash, and used it to generate more money using Geraghty as the man on the ground, Geraghty on the other hand could've been given a 'pardon' by rattigan for ensuring that his nest egg is significantly bigger than it already was. As I said, just a theory. But stranger things have happened in fairness Paddy.
    It was Paul Geraghty Not Deco.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement