Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

All these murders are the sad but inevitable result of being involved in hard drugs.

RIP to the victim and condolences to his family.

Hopefully at least one person will learn from this and decide hard drugs are not worth the hassle. The cost and long term misery usually far outweighs any short term pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

must be doing well to be able to write off €50k
    Of course they are. And, if this guy is supplying to someone and you kill him, then you take over his supply. Win-win.

You'll also find that €50k went somewhere. Someone else is now on the hook for it, whether it's someone up or down the chain from this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Considering who is offering condolences on social media- he was nether innocent or got in over his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Morpheus wrote: »
    "He wasn’t a bigtime drug dealer." - reads:
    he was a drug dealer.

He assaulted a cop and it goes on to say that he was lucky to avoid jail - 240hrs for assaulting a cop?

I reckon if he had gotten Jail - he'd have been in there last night and not dealing drugs and being shot, he was UN lucky to not get jail.

We need to take scum drug dealers off the streets and put them in jail, for their own good and for the good of our communities.

There are some scum dealers but not everyone who sell's something illegal is automatically scum .

For instance if you sell something like weed and people call you a scum weed dealer but if the next day it becomes legal are they still scum ?

There are some scum dealers but not everyone who sell's something illegal is automatically scum .

For instance if you sell something like weed and people call you a scum weed dealer but if the next day it becomes legal are they still scum ?

Any drug dealer in any form is scum.

If I buy weed off you and renege on the bill, will we go to the small claims court?

• Advertisement

If I buy weed off you and renege on the bill, will we go to the small claims court?[/QUOTE

No pviously not as its illegal ,

But with your point of view the guys in lets say Colorado who where selling weed new years eve 2013 where scum but the next day 1st January 2014 it was legal so they are not scum ?

That's a bit odd isn't it ?

I'm not saying I agree with drug dealing or drug dealers can not be scum , I just don't agree that every drug dealer is scum ,

If I buy weed off you and renege on the bill, will we go to the small claims court?

Colorado isn’t Dublin give your head a shake

Colorado isn’t Dublin give your head a shake

I'm quite aware of that ,
    I just don't agree with your stance that all drug dealers are scum , majority maybe,
    Again i'm as apposed to drugs as anyone ,I understand they ruin young people life's but I just don't think its as black and white to call all drug dealers scum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

A scummer who wanted to be a big time gangster by the sounds of it

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Considering who is offering condolences on social media- he was nether innocent or got in over his head.

Who is offering condolences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

ASOT wrote: »
    He wasnt a gangster, just an idiot.

I couldn't disagree with this post, but I will say this. HAVE SOME HUMANITY FFS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Do you include publicans in that ?

They sell one of the most dangerous and addictive drugs in existence and certainly the drug that harms society more then any other..

So do you consider them scum too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

bigpink wrote: »
    A scummer who wanted to be a big time gangster by the sounds of it

By all accounts of people I have met today that knew him, none say he was a scumbag, and that's not just them refusing to speak ill of the dead. It may also be the reason he owed so much.
    He may also have been seen as a soft target.

If money owed is the reason he was killed, then some of the papers implying he may have owed it to Mr. Flashy.
    If it was a rival dealer, then it may have been somebody trying to make a name for themselves.

Either way, this is not the big leagues and I would imagine the Gardaí will be under more pressure than normal to get somebody for this.
    Which on the outside seems to be a pointless murder, i.e. a beating would have probably given the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I couldn't disagree with this post, but I will say this. HAVE SOME HUMANITY FFS :mad:

I do have some humanity I know him personally, I'm just being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

ASOT wrote: »
    I do have some humanity I know him personally.

Read that out loud to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I like reading this thread but that’s more to it being quite cringeworthy.

It’s no different to a pack of fishwives gossiping on things they know very little about

When I want to know about any gangland crime, I go straight to here to get the details from white collar office workers who grew up in the sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Well said. A guy interviewed at the scene of another killing some months back summed it up well when he said that these guys seem to treat the whole shooting/killing thing as some sort of 'call of duty' type video game.
    Not sure what the solution is but it's disgraceful and disgusting that the head honchos on both sides can remain at liberty.

Oh FFS this old nugget again

I suppose the lads in Chicago and New York in the 20's mowing each other down with Tommy guns were big gamers too?

I don't own or play any games btw, but this type of lazy analysis just grinds my gears

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Suckit wrote: »
    Either way, this is not the big leagues and I would imagine the Gardaí will be under more pressure than normal to get somebody for this.
    Which on the outside seems to be a pointless murder, i.e. a beating would have probably given the same message.

I'd imagine because it's not big league it might make it easier to track down the perpetrator?

I'm sure too the trigger person is a little worried that one of them seems to have survived?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Guy on the radio just there said the Garda are analysing CCTV footage. Apparently there are a lot of cameras around that area. I've been there but can't say I've ever noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"The gunman described as tall, of athletic build and wearing a black hoodie top with a black scarf covering his face, black tracksuit bottoms and black trainers with white soles.

"It’s understood he was carrying a grey or light coloured rucksack that may have concealed the firearm. "

The victim’s friend is currently stable in Beaumont Hospital.

"At approximately 7:30pm a lone male approached and fired a number of shots at a slow moving car as it was driven from Applewood Close onto Jugback Lane.

"The driver of the car Zach Parker from Swords was fatally injured. His passenger, a 25-year-old man also from the Swords area, was seriously injured and taken by Ambulance to Beaumont Hospital.

"The gunman left the scene on foot onto Jugback Lane in the direction of Balheary Road.

"The body of the deceased has been removed to the City Morgue, Whitehall where a post-mortem examination will be conducted later today by the Assistant State Pathologist, Dr Margot Bolster.

"The passenger remains in Beaumont Hospital where his condition is understood to be stable.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

Why? Drugs being illegal at all is a relic from a time when it was acceptable for governments to engage in social engineering around sexual and public morality. Drugs weren't made illegal because they were unhealthy, they were made illegal because hedonism was frowned upon and considered immoral.
    Any notion that coke or heroin should be made legal is absurd. I think people suggesting that need to give their head a shake. Cannabis maybe, I have no time for it myself but there is a serious case there. Anything more than that, no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

how does murdering them get them their €50k or €15k back ?

not a great credit control policy - no winners

To the bigger guys €15k or €50k is peanuts. But let someone get away with not paying it back and you'll have everyone thinking they can get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Oh FFS this old nugget again

I suppose the lads in Chicago and New York in the 20's mowing each other down with Tommy guns were big gamers too?

I don't own or play any games btw, but this type of lazy analysis just grinds my gears

I couldn't give two ***** about your gears but I was making the point that these young fellas( and the killers are young men) treat the taking of life as you would shoot someone in a video game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Why? Drugs being illegal at all is a relic from a time when it was acceptable for governments to engage in social engineering around sexual and public morality. Drugs weren't made illegal because they were unhealthy, they were made illegal because hedonism was frowned upon and considered immoral.

take a walk down the broadwalk some evening , or afternoon or even some morning and see if you think those creatures are healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I couldn't give two ***** about your gears but I was making the point that these young fellas( and the killers are young men) treat the taking of life as you would shoot someone in a video game.

And I would say that a hyperbolic, throwaway and generic statement with absolutely no basis in fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

To the bigger guys €15k or €50k is peanuts. But let someone get away with not paying it back and you'll have everyone thinking they can get away with it.

Well they defo won't be getting it back now then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

no reason why alcohol should be legal the the others not
    alcohol is incredibly dangerous yet the world makes an exception for it - why?

I say legalise all drugs and put the scum out of business
    Let the pfizers and the bayers of the world manufacture the stuff
    Let adults decide what they want to put in their bodies and pay tax on it

The money saved on the war on drugs + the taxation income would be massive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    And I would say that a hyperbolic, throwaway and generic statement with absolutely no basis in fact

Ah hear, your starting to sound like Philip Boucher-Hayes now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

TallGlass wrote: »
    Well they defo won't be getting it back now then.

unless they put the debt on his family

which also happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

no reason why alcohol should be legal the the others not
    alcohol is incredibly dangerous yet the world makes an exception for it - why?

I say legalise all drugs and put the scum out of business
    Let the pfizers and the bayers of the world manufacture the stuff
    Let adults decide what they want to put in their bodies and pay tax on it

The money saved on the war on drugs + the taxation income would be massive

The closest we came to this was headshops (well the physco active selling kind) and they where quickly shut down.

It's as if people take the approach if you can see it, then it isn't a problem. The funny thing is, all that syntic sniff the head shops where selling, that problem hasn't just gone away overnight it still exists except with cocaine.

I don't know if cocaine is a dirty drug per se, as in the chemicals like in heroin that stuff would ruin your life. I think cocaine is a blood drug, blood all over it, to me it's just morally wrong to use it, when you here of the mass killings where it comes from.

Cannabis, should be legal and taxed, literally wasted money trying to fight it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement