Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

The following is an update on my product ordered from the U.S, no idea what to make of it other than customs had it.

Nov 30, 2018
    14:01pm
    PROCESSED THROUGH OFFICE OF EXCHANGE
    Nov 30, 2018
    05:01am
    CUSTOMS CLEARANCE

https://www.facebook.com/1592832722/posts/10215984618600295/

The guy in Cork looking for the Fazer has been duped out of money it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I mean, come on. Who forks out 200 shmackeroos in that situation.

bd7.jpg

My parcel arrived from the states.

I was charged €11.87 VAT & €10.00 An Post Fee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

My parcel arrived from the states.

I was charged €11.87 VAT & €10.00 An Post Fee.
    If you buy through eBay.com, eBay calculate the duty at check out and charge you that amount extra but no admin charge. You know exactly the cost and no hidden charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Had to cancel my test for the 19th.

This close to Christmas I honestly can't afford the money for the pre-test lesson + bike rental. Would have cost €220 or so.

Total balls as I was feeling well up for getting it done, but the money + dealing with Cork traffic around Christmas would have ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,939 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There must be loads of people cancelling around this time of year, good news for someone waiting on a cancellation.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

There must be loads of people cancelling around this time of year, good news for someone waiting on a cancellation.

Probably a good time to do it. The tester may be in good humor and looking forward to the Christmas break. season of goodwill and all that.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Or they are the epitome of Scrooge and wouldnt give you a bit of leeway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd a brilliant day at the Clondalkin MCC annual Santa fun ride out to St.Joseph's in Porterstow yesterday.

467859.jpg

And there's video footage of a regular here
    Stewie lol
    getting a bollocking from a Guard for doing a wheelie and frightening people (which he denies btw lol) tut tut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Friend said he seen rider down there this morning on N4. Said it didn't look good for him at the time. Just read the sad news there he passed away.

That seems to be a few people the last few weeks. I'm in the car mostly, as the weather is miserable and dark. If I had to take the bike I would. I know however there a folk on here that are all seasons.

To those and the folk like myself, stay safe out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

TallGlass wrote: »
    Friend said he seen rider down there this morning on N4. Said it didn't look good for him at the time. Just read the sad news there he passed away.

That seems to be a few people the last few weeks. I'm in the car mostly, as the weather is miserable and dark. If I had to take the bike I would. I know however there a folk on here that are all seasons.

To those and the folk like myself, stay safe out there.

Turns out the man has passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Very sad news, only about 4pm today I was looking up motorbike stats on the RSA and thinking to myself it was a reduction on previous years, but any is obviously too many. RIP to that man on the n4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Ah no, RIP brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Very sad news, only about 4pm today I was looking up motorbike stats on the RSA and thinking to myself it was a reduction on previous years, but any is obviously too many. RIP to that man on the n4

And there has been an uptake in Riding too.

Sad news.

As always treat everyone around you with evil intent and ride accordingly.

Down to earth review on Tracer GT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-6hY7klcw

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Down to earth review on Tracer GT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-6hY7klcw

Nothing is honest or down to earth from TMF. All he does is sponsored ads masquerading as reviews.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Nothing is honest or down to earth from TMF. All he does is sponsored ads masquerading as reviews.

I used to like him, and I could look past the sponsored stuff but he's just gotten boring. Everyone bike review by him is almost a carbon copy of the last.

Seem's like a decent guy but he's boring the tits off me now, although I'll check out that review.

My son is in the market for a new bike, he likes the Tracer but like the entire MT range the build quality is cheap and a little nasty.

He's a few other bikes in his sights including a Ducati Multistrada 950 and a Tiger 800 & the 1200 so if anyone has any experience with these I'd appreciate your opinion.

At present my R1200GS is a little unwell and in the workshops at JD's. Nothing too seriously, a faulty ignition switch. So I'm on a loan of a 182 D BMW 850GS (I'll take some photos tomorrow hopefully).

He had the older F800GS which I loved so I was looking forward to testing the new 850GS out when JD's offered it to me for a few days.

I'm rarely disappointed in a bike, but this 850GS is really let down my expectations. I'll try write a little review of it when I've some photos but off the top of my head the pro's are... Its probably cheap to run. The con's are many, no wind/weather protection. The tiny wind screen blows the wind and rain right into my face, riding at anything about 75/80kph is impossible with an open visor. The brakes are weak, the front forks bottom out easily. I'll continue when I have some photos of it, but needless to say I can't wait to give it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Tell your son to buy the new Moto Guzzi in 2019 because I want to know what it's like :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I read they had to issue a serious recall on the 850GS due to Oiling Problems. Most in dealers as they havent sold as such yet.

• Advertisement

That's mad about the 850GS !! my missus had the 800GSA and it was comparable to the 1200 on the motorway.

D3V!L wrote: »
    That's mad about the 850GS !! my missus had the 800GSA and it was comparable to the 1200 on the motorway.

The engine is dead below 4k, then it takes off nicely but you're limited by the tiny little screen.

Realistically to put one of the road you're looking at buying hand guards, a touring screen, engine bars (it looks crap without them) and a back box.

I'd say with these it would be a nice little runner, but I much prefer the older bike.

Not unique to the 850GS, but IMO the new BMW switch gear is awful. Lacks feel, and I was wearing my summer gloves. I think it would take some getting used to with bulky winter gloves.

The exhaust note off it is great, just like the older GS.

I played around with the ride modes, there was little if any difference between ROAD and DYNAMIC, I didn't try ENDURO but RAIN absolutely killed the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

Tell your son to buy the new Moto Guzzi in 2019 because I want to know what it's like :o

+1 looks a beauty, Id love one :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Quick question...are 50cc mopeds allowed on stillorgan dual carriageway??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I used to like him, and I could look past the sponsored stuff but he's just gotten boring. Everyone bike review by him is almost a carbon copy of the last.

Seem's like a decent guy but he's boring the tits off me now, although I'll check out that review.

My son is in the market for a new bike, he likes the Tracer but like the entire MT range the build quality is cheap and a little nasty.

He's a few other bikes in his sights including a Ducati Multistrada 950 and a Tiger 800 & the 1200 so if anyone has any experience with these I'd appreciate your opinion.

At present my R1200GS is a little unwell and in the workshops at JD's. Nothing too seriously, a faulty ignition switch. So I'm on a loan of a 182 D BMW 850GS (I'll take some photos tomorrow hopefully).

He had the older F800GS which I loved so I was looking forward to testing the new 850GS out when JD's offered it to me for a few days.

I'm rarely disappointed in a bike, but this 850GS is really let down my expectations. I'll try write a little review of it when I've some photos but off the top of my head the pro's are... Its probably cheap to run. The con's are many, no wind/weather protection. The tiny wind screen blows the wind and rain right into my face, riding at anything about 75/80kph is impossible with an open visor. The brakes are weak, the front forks bottom out easily. I'll continue when I have some photos of it, but needless to say I can't wait to give it back.

Thanks for the tip about the MT range build quality. Been looking at a few on donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,939 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Article says BMW care about build quality, thought they'd given up on that years ago, even before putting Chinese made junk engines in their bikes.
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    Quick question...are 50cc mopeds allowed on stillorgan dual carriageway??

N11 yes. M11 no. If it's restricted to 45km/h though (which it has to be, if riding on an AM licence or an older car licence) then it'd be nuts to take it anywhere outside a 50km/h zone.

Life ain't always empty.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip about the MT range build quality. Been looking at a few on donedeal.

The engines are suppose to be great now, but I find the paint, graphics and plastics pure cheap and nasty.

mamax wrote: »
    +1 looks a beauty, Id love one :cool:

Looks like a Royal Enfield Himalayan on steroids, no thanks.

• Advertisement

I have a 151 Super Tenere. Might be worth his while to have a cut off one if he can. This is my second one . I had almost 80k on the first one and have 40k on the present one. Nothing used except consumables. Handles well and comfortable 2 up. Build quality is good.

Advertisement