Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Anyone else having an issue with Degiro this afternoon? Prices not loading on desktop or app

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sasol

cefh17 wrote: »
    Can someone explain this whole merger/listing briefly please? We get 1.1:1 Amal:Taw shares is it? Where do Cowan come into it?

My understanding is as follows

In relation to the AMAL /TAW merger, for every TAW share you own, this will become 1.1 shares in the merged entity (A40). So if you currently own 1,000 TAW shares, these will become 1,100 A40 shares

Cowan was supposed to go to IPO in recent weeks, but this has been pulled. For every 11 TAW shares that you own, you should have received 1 Cowan (COW) Share. Until COW goes to IPO and becomes transactable on the stock market, I do not know how you can sell your current COW allocation, or how to buy some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Anyone else having an issue with Degiro this afternoon? Prices not loading on desktop or app

Yeah. Theres a message on the site saying they have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Is anyone going in more on TAW before the coming week? Have some leftover funds in DeGiro asking to be spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im a bit too heavy in it, the drop during the merger fiasco spooked me but I still took a few at 0.26.

I plan on making a separate thread after the merge and name change so we're not always cluttering up this one btw...

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Kicking myself for being a coward and not trading it, probably an easy 10% gain to be had tomorrow or in a week anyway, rinse and repeat.
    VKTX up 8-9% :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

VKTX up 8-9% :rolleyes:

That ones like a yoyo though

That ones like a yoyo though
    I know, why am I not making $$$ from that fact? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

MSFT making a nice recovery today thankfully - was hitting 101 and sipping badly last week - back up 111 mark today ..PHEW !! ~5 dollars off 2018 high. Debating to cut losses now or see how rest of week goes .

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Another trade idea, aTyr Pharma ($LIFE), big insider buying, almost $2 in cash per share. Trading at ~.60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Bit of noise around GCM Resources Plc this afternoon, in relation to Phulbari coal mine..

Anyone been watching this week?

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Another trade idea, aTyr Pharma ($LIFE), big insider buying, almost $2 in cash per share. Trading at ~.60

On my watch list for a while, has dropped 40% since! Reckon this is the bottom?:pac:

On my watch list for a while, has dropped 40% since! Reckon this is the bottom?:pac:

The bottom was .49, I’d keep an eye on it in case it goes back that way but with heavy insider buying and being good on cash I’d say they’re quite bullish signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

NBEV is in the health drink and also CBD infused drinks industry.
    Well up on the year but well down from recent highs when cannabis stock
    were higher than a group of young lads in Amsterdam for the first time.

Their earnings recently were average enough but highly constrained by the lack of working capital.
    They are extremely bullish on the future having raised funds earlier in the month meaning they
    can now ramp up production and fullfil the very high demand and are well funded for the forseeable future

On the CBD side the US farm bill is to be signed off on in the next couple of weeks and
    it’s thought that hemp will be legalised giving NBEV another major boost to increase it’s
    distribution. They also consider themselves to be on the radar on the likes of Coca-Cola
    and Pepsi who want to get in on this market but may be holding back until legalised is confirmed.

May well pop and run for a few days as legislation rumours abound and if so, I’d take your money
    and watch it drop on the news if it actually does get passed and is included in the bill. If not it will defintitely take a hit.

Funnily enough I'm at work and just got a call from one of these brokerages from Singapore which call from time to time. My usual repsonse is to hang up but today I entertained him. His hot tip is Aurora Cannabis as they are about to announce a $5B investment from Coca-cola apparently. The most they'll let me invest is $30k though.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Funnily enough I'm at work and just got a call from one of these brokerages from Singapore which call from time to time. My usual repsonse is to hang up but today I entertained him. His hot tip is Aurora Cannabis as they are about to announce a $5B investment from Coca-cola apparently. The most they'll let me invest is $30k though.

I recently got a call from a Singapore number for investing in SpaceX shares. They wanted a minimum 10k investment and i only had days left to accept this great offer!. Apparently they are one of the very few places with pre-shares before the IPO :).

They sent me a very professional looking brochure if anyone is interested and the guy was a very good salesman. I never took up the offer in the end lol.

Strong results from SHIP, up about 15% pre market.

The bottom was .49, I’d keep an eye on it in case it goes back that way but with heavy insider buying and being good on cash I’d say they’re quite bullish signs.

In at .59

Thanks for that :pac:

Are you out? Any price targets?

• Advertisement

Are you out? Any price targets?

No I'll hold it until/unless I lose at least 25% of initial investment.

PT of $2 would be a nice round number. Market cap remarkably low but I don't know a whole pile about the business yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

whatever76 wrote: »
    MSFT making a nice recovery today thankfully - was hitting 101 and sipping badly last week - back up 111 mark today ..PHEW !! ~5 dollars off 2018 high. Debating to cut losses now or see how rest of week goes .

I would hold on to MSFT unless you need the money (or the loss). Satya Nadella is doing a great job so I think the share price will rise in the long term.

OGEN

Got in today halfway up the current ride.

No knowledge just doing it as a trade.

Up and down like a yoyo today.

Ya but he'll probably start fighting with Europe now. That guy is all over the shop.

Should be a good day for NIO & co

I hope the company has a very robust defence of these allegations.
    They are seriously detrimental and even if partly true will do some major lasting damage.

Big insider buying yesterday I think it could all blow over. I got out last week but I might make a punt today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Balls of steel required to trade that, down another 13% pre market, could be an opportunity for a quick in and out but not for widows and orphans

Advertisement