Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Thargor wrote: »
    Can't bring myself to buy anything yet, hope none of you are still in Nvidia (although that probably is a buy today)

Saldy yes, I'm still in a positive position but kicking myself I didn't pull the trigger 6 weeks ago. I'll likely hold, hopefully damage is done, but will continue to watch closely.

What's with companies reporting good results these days then the stock price falls / stalls?

Getting tiring

Alot of stock priced for perfection so 1 slip in quarterly result and bang! Missing the targets is nearly as bad reporting a loss. Alot to be said for moving quarterly results to 6 months or yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jon1981 wrote: »
    Saldy yes, I'm still in a positive position but kicking myself I didn't pull the trigger 6 weeks ago. I'll likely hold, hopefully damage is done, but will continue to watch closely.

I,'d be inclined to take profit while you still have some. You can always buy back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

There was no rumour with EDRY at all, all news. $18 book value, must be just the MMS manipulating it.

In since $8 so nothing to lose.

Out yesterday 45% up, volume never materialised and I thought $14/15 would definitely be seen.
    Would get back in under $10, should trade higher from here on and it could pop out of the blue with such a small float.

I,'d be inclined to take profit while you still have some. You can always buy back later.

I still believe in this company, there is a slow down but i believe demand driven by AI and VR will continue. I bought in at sub 90 so can hold out abit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Buy the rumour, sell the news.
    Hope you sold today, no problem selling early at $13+

There was no rumour with EDRY at all, all news. $18 book value, must be just the MMS manipulating it.

In since $8 so nothing to lose.

I still think it’s gonna go, those earnings just de-risked it. Trade deal with China and it’ll be huge. Or watch the BDI, that starts heading back up and shippers will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Why haven’t I received my dividends on DEGIRO yet, they’ve been paid and I still haven’t received them into my account is there some sort of delay on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Why haven’t I received my dividends on DEGIRO yet, they’ve been paid and I still haven’t received them into my account is there some sort of delay on it?

Which dividends and what shares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

NVIDIA must be nearly a buy is it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭crushproof

Oh man, when does the pain stop! Another day in the doldrums

• Advertisement

Increased holdings in the following today;

RGSE
    SPOTIFY
    FB
    MSFT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

It takes some time from when you see them added as upcoming dividends until they are in your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

crushproof wrote: »
    Oh man, when does the pain stop! Another day in the doldrums

Doldrums? More like a nuclear meltdown!!!

Been a rough couple of weeks. I'm in a buying mood at the moment when i should be!

PM not looking good, might try ditch a few non performers and pick up 1 or 2 of Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

More pain in prospect for today's session on Wall St... :eek:

PM not looking good, might try ditch a few non performers and pick up 1 or 2 of Amazon.

Might be the best tech bargain you get this black Friday.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Might be the best tech bargain you get this black Friday.

latest?cb=20160728125948

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What's PM ?

• Advertisement

What's PM ?

Pre-market trading
    Starts at 4am until market open and is more often than not a poor indicator of what happens after the bell.

If it's up in PM it'll be down after opening and vice versa :pac:

Added NVDA & NFLX.

Sold some VSTM at a loss, getting fed up hanging about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Only sold all stock in my portfolio bar Activision and Take two interactive there about two weeks ago but sorely tempted to return to the market next payday.

Facebook is looking very tempting if one has the stomach for it.

In on FB as of yesterday.

Up 5% collectively on AMAZON & INVIDIA after buying 60 mins ago..

Might run....

Anyone heard anything about Freetrade?
    I got offered my account today.
    Seems to purport to be like Robinhood but for Europeans.

Actually it’s UK only at the moment. Boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm waiting for:

FB @ $110
    NVDA @ $90
    MSFT @ $98
    AAPL @ $150
    EA @ $75

I'm already in NVDA deep so holding off for the bottom as it just keeps going! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭littlevillage

DrunkMonkey warned everyone to avoid Dalata back in Feb when the SP was in the low €6's. It subsequently topped out at €7.35 in July and has now slide down to €5.23 today which is almost a 30% fall.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106162260&postcount=185

The SP was falling anyway but really went into freefall after the VAT increase in the Oct Budget and continued now with the general malaise in Stock prices worldwide in October/Nov.

When you see a 30% fall in the SP of a former ISEQ darling, its tempting to pile in, especially when the business is virtually unaffected, but my advice would be to hold your powder until we see where the market is going in the medium term....you might just get a better bargain in another Month or two.

Underground have you noticed that Dalata is now €4.61 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Underground have you noticed that Dalata is now €4.61 :(

Yep, down 34% in 3 months, that's some fall. This one could yet have further to fall, would keep the powder dry as you said for now. Glad I didn't buy when I was tempted to at c. €4.90!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Just so everyone is aware, I got into crypto at all time highs and we know what happened there.

I bought my first stock in August and bought more in September....

I think I have an effect. :P

What happened to MSFT? I bought at 112....down at 101 now. I have the worst timing.

Advertisement