Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

heffo500 wrote: »
    Any one considering buying Canopy Growth or Aurora Cannabis now? Prices seem more reasonable now.

Aphria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Heiser wrote: »
    If Dalata goes a bit lower I'm gonna jump in.

Got on Dalata this morning. SP looks to be bottoming out. See a few of the directors jumped in last week at the €4.73 mark. They clearly see value. (hopefully I got the timing right :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Closed positions in VKTX and Aphria.

Opened small position in QD per above tip.

Deeper into RGSE.

Looking to get more Ryanair closer to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seedo has just gone public, a penny stock, up 220% today. Not on friggin Degiro though. I reckon they could be the Apple of the Pot world. https://investorshub.advfn.com/SEEDO-Corp-SEDO-36204/

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Heiser

Closed positions in VKTX and Aphria.

Opened small position in QD per above tip.

Deeper into RGSE.

Looking to get more Ryanair closer to 11.

Why did you close on VKTX at this price?

• Advertisement

Heiser wrote: »
    Why did you close on VKTX at this price?

I got in early thanks to a tip in here and rode it all the way to 24 or so and have watched it fall since. Bio and pharm too volatile for me atm and can put the money to better use elsewhere. No doubt it will recover to all time highs sooner or later but can't hack the manipulation.

I got in early thanks to a tip in here and rode it all the way to 24 or so and have watched it fall since. Bio too volatile for me atm and can put the money to better use elsewhere. No doubt it will recover to all time highs sooner or later but can't hack the manipulation.

Sold it at $11.52 yesterday and it's $10.45 as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭crushproof

Anybody else bailing out of VKTX or holding on? Dismal run lately, to think could have sold out at 24!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

crushproof wrote: »
    Anybody else bailing out of VKTX or holding on? Dismal run lately, to think could have sold out at 24!
    Kicking myself for being a coward and not trading it, probably an easy 10% gain to be had tomorrow or in a week anyway, rinse and repeat.

Still holding on. But my average buy-in price is about $12.50, soo no choice now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sasol

@Thargor Have you seen the response to your query on HotCopper in relation to DEGIRO TAW holdings ?

Seems a Relevant Foreign Resident Declaration Form (RFRD Form is required.

Have you had any contact with DEGIRO in relation to this ?

Do individual shareholders need to fill this in and send it to the powers that be in Australia? Or is it something that we send to DEGIRO ?

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Holding long and strong. It’s mental that it’s now cheaper than before P2 data. Nothing has changed with the drugs and the company has since raised cash making it much more financially secure. This is all just noise, long term you’ll triple your money at least from here.

sasol wrote: »
    @Thargor Have you seen the response to your query on HotCopper in relation to DEGIRO TAW holdings ?

Do individual shareholders need to fill this in and send it to the powers that be in Australia? Or is it something that we send to DEGIRO ?

Thanks !
    From what I can tell, and I'm not sure at all, that seems to be more to do with managing your tax obligations to the Australian tax man than anything that will let you convert to AMAL when they list.

I think I'm just going to sell on Friday and buy back in after AMAL list on the 4th of December, hopefully without taking too much of a hit.

If any Tawana holders have a better plan please post...

Thanks !
    Now in the chart thread someone is saying that the Singapore brokers bought their shares through a local agent so apparently they're fine, I'm going to contact Degiro and see if there's anything like that applying to us...

Thargor wrote: »
    From what I can tell, and I'm not sure at all, that seems to be more to do with managing your tax obligations to the Australian tax man than anything that will let you convert to AMAL when they list.

I think I'm just going to sell on Friday and buy back in after AMAL list on the 4th of December, hopefully without taking too much of a hit.

If any Tawana holders have a better plan please post...

Will the new ticker (A40 ?) be available to trade on DEGIRO, allowing you to repurchase ?

Am I right in my understanding of whats going to happen.

1). If you hold Tawana shares they are going to be converted at a rate of 1 Tawana share = 1.1 AMAL shares.

2). If you are not a resident of Austraila, NZ, Singapore, South Africa....your AMAL share will be sold on your behalf and you wil get the money. This is due to happen on 4th Dec.

3). Tawana have already spun off the Cowan subsidiary and allocated shares to Tawana shareholdres ... 1 Cowan for every 11 Tawana share. Due to tax complications the listing of Cowan on the ASX has been delayed (no published date yet) and possibly non residents of Austraila, NZ, Singapore, South Africa will again be simply compensated for the value of the shares ..instead of being granted actual tradeable Cowan shares.

Is that pretty much the story?

Am I right in my understanding of whats going to happen.

1). If you hold Tawana shares they are going to be converted at a rate of 1 Tawana share = 1.1 AMAL shares.

2). If you are not a resident of Austraila, NZ, Singapore, South Africa....your AMAL share will be sold on your behalf and you wil get the money. This is due to happen on 4th Dec.

3). Tawana have already spun off the Cowan subsidiary and allocated shares to Tawana shareholdres ... 1 Cowan for every 11 Tawana share. Due to tax complications the listing of Cowan on the ASX has been delayed (no published date yet) and possibly non residents of Austraila, NZ, Singapore, South Africa will again be simply compensated for the value of the shares ..instead of being granted actual tradeable Cowan shares.

Is that pretty much the story?

Looks like it but see my post on the previous page, there is a chance Degiro might be buying and holding ASX shares through a local agent and therefore they will be Australian registered and eligible, my Cowan shares are sitting in my Degiro account right now waiting to trade so hopefully the same thing happens with AMAL.

I have an urgent query in with Degiro and they say they'll try to get back to me by end of day.

Maybe a couple of other people could get in touch aswell? Might make them look into it faster?

Looks like it but see my post on the previous page, there is a chance Degiro might be buying and holding ASX shares through a local agent and therefore they will be Australian registered and eligible, my Cowan shares are sitting in my Degiro account right now waiting to trade so hopefully the same thing happens with AMAL.

I have an urgent query in with Degiro and they say they'll try to get back to me by end of day.

Maybe a couple of other people could get in touch aswell? Might make them look into it faster?

I have sent them an email and will follow up with a phone call shortly

See discussion in this thread, last couple of posts, I'm slightly more optimistic now but let's wait and see what Degiro have to say:

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/eligible-holders-cannot-get-a-reply-from-the-company.4553649/

e-mail sent to Degiro.

• Advertisement

I called DeGiro and spoke with a representative. They are currently looking into the query as they have received a number of emails/calls this morning in relation to the TAW situation.

As it currently stands, they think we should be ok. They do have a local agent in Australia that they work through, and to the best of the ladies knowledge that I spoke with, we should be receiving 1.1 A40 shares into our DeGiro account for each TAW that we own.

They are in the midst of speaking with their Australian contacts to see if there are any other implications and they hope to respond to the queries later today and to confirm that above understanding is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Went in on Dalata at €4.70. Gonna buy FB later.

I called DeGiro and spoke with a representative. They are currently looking into the query as they have received a number of emails/calls this morning in relation to the TAW situation.

As it currently stands, they think we should be ok. They do have a local agent in Australia that they work through, and to the best of the ladies knowledge that I spoke with, we should be receiving 1.1 A40 shares into our DeGiro account for each TAW that we own.

They are in the midst of speaking with their Australian contacts to see if there are any other implications and they hope to respond to the queries later today and to confirm that above understanding is correct.
    Great news then, that means we get our Cowan shares aswell.

Went in on Dalata at €4.70. Gonna buy FB later.
    You think FB is undervalued atm or just trading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Email sent to degiro as well.

e-mail sent to Degiro.

reply from Degiro...

Thank you for your email.
    I can confirm that we have a local agent in Australia and therefore you will be considered an eligible shareholder. Your shares will not be sold on your behalf because of this.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,
    Erin O'Leary
    UK and Ireland Service Desk

T +44 (0)20 369 578 34 / +353 (0)1513 4951
    E clients@degiro.co.uk / clients@degiro.ie
    I www.degiro.co.uk / www.degiro.ie

DEGIRO
    Rembrandt Tower - 9th floor
    Amstelplein 1
    1096 HA Amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

You think FB is undervalued atm or just trading?

I think there's a case to be made that tech stocks in general were overvalued up until recently and what we're seeing now is the market correcting itself. FB is down c. 36% from last year. I can't really see it going anywhere anytime soon, they had a torrid year with Cambridge Analytica and Russian allegations etc so I'm hoping it bounces back.

I received a similar response

I can confirm that we have a local agent in Australia and therefore you will be considered an eligible shareholder if you hold this product.

Same response from Degiro, good to know for future events.

Cowan might be worth sticking a few grand in and forgetting about or just holding on to your entitlement, could end up being a 10 bagger or much more if they report good results when exploration starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Can someone explain this whole merger/listing briefly please? We get 1.1:1 Amal:Taw shares is it? Where do Cowan come into it?

Advertisement