Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If they paid $150 million for a property to grow pot in Jamaica it's a definate dump of a stock. Wouldn't touch it. There's been some nuts purchases by some of these pot stocks. Friday night paid I think $40 million for an acre field in las Vegas.
    Every Irish farmer is a billionaire going on that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Big insider buying yesterday I think it could all blow over. I got out last week but I might make a punt today.

Unless there is a very firm response that's transparent and well backed up then it won't blow over.
    The insider investment is pretty small to the monies supposedly fraudulently obtained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Unless there is a very firm response that's transparent and well backed up then it won't blow over.
    The insider investment is pretty small to the monies supposedly fraudulently obtained.

I'd reserve judgement about insider trading. Also they released a statement of where they were at with Latin Americas but didn't respond directly to the accusations, may be they don't want to rise to the bait. In any event...The cost of doing business in these countries is pretty high (mining in Africa ring a bell!) and not as straightforward as buying the property and away you go. So I'd presume there would be alot of sweetheart deals at the start to get in there first.

There's a guy over on reddit who happens to be on holidays in Bogota and going to check their operation out :pac: https://www.reddit.com/r/weedstocks/comments/a31lw8/hey_im_currently_in_bogota_colombia_are_there_any/

I want to see this building in Jamaica....300k gets me 44,000 square foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Hopped off the Amazon train there, 18% gain in just over 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Hopped off the Amazon train there, 18% gain in just over 2 weeks.

Other than that, second worst daily loss since I started with shares. :pac:

Just liquidated 60% of my portfolio. Taking a break. Reducing exposure to the states, horrendous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id say a good few got burned by the US-China announcement the day before yesterday.

Signs of us economic slowdown + Trump at the helm + China woes, only so much my nerves can take.

Keeping a few small caps.

Want to rest easy this Christmas!

Id say you had a good year though? Some great tips from you and Skelet0n and a few others in Q3-Q4 in this thread.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Id say you had a good year though? Some great tips from you and Skelet0n and a few others in Q3-Q4.

Worst bet of the year - HIVE, still holding but at a low enough average now.

Best bet of the year - €10 on Peter Casey to come second at 100/1, believe it or not.

Tesla, Amazon, Starbucks and KO all good earners too.

Holding for now: HIVE, RGSE, FB and BRKB.

On the sidelines for now.

I'd be unloading Apple if in profit, a lot of negative news and price slashing on the XR. Can always buy back in if sentiment changes.

Happy to be mainly cash for now, Amazon has tanked since I sold it, timed that well.

FTSE looking a bit hairy. I don't l go short but I'd imagine money to be made today shorting almost any US stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ryanair hitting a near 2 year low today

retalivity wrote: »

Everything is going to tank today, you can't just arrest the founder of Huawei's daughter on the first day of a trade war truce. Going to be ugly until resolved.
    It's like China locking up Steve Jobs daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Everything is going to tank today, you can't just arrest the founder of Huawei's daughter on the first day of a trade war truce. Going to be ugly until resolved.
    It's like China locking up Steve Jobs daughter.

Only thing is Steve jobs daughter isn't the CFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Good time to get in on Aphria following the short attack!! Read a few detailed rebuttals from randomers on reddit so I think they'll come out of it. Seems to be edging up from a low of 5 odd.

90% of assets are in Canada anyway . Also this facility is due open for production in January....
    https://m.imgur.com/a/0CpCYP5
    Not a small operation by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭littlevillage

reply from Degiro...

Thank you for your email.
    I can confirm that we have a local agent in Australia and therefore you will be considered an eligible shareholder. Your shares will not be sold on your behalf because of this.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,
    Erin O'Leary
    UK and Ireland Service Desk

T +44 (0)20 369 578 34 / +353 (0)1513 4951
    E clients@degiro.co.uk / clients@degiro.ie
    I www.degiro.co.uk / www.degiro.ie

DEGIRO
    Rembrandt Tower - 9th floor
    Amstelplein 1
    1096 HA Amsterdam

Mmmmmhhh ...my Tawana shares we're converted to AMAL shares today and sold for .28 AUD.

Soo Degiro didn't do what they had promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Mmmmmhhh ...my Tawana shares we're converted to AMAL shares today and sold for .28 AUD.

Yours were sold? From what I can tell on my screen they were just converted.. as my balance is now -330e with the Amal shares showing as being 0.00 worth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Just had a look. My shares have transferred to AMAL at the rate of 1.1 per TAW share. However I did get a shock when I logged in because the value of the shares appears as $0 so my portfolio was way down. I'm sure this will be altered.

In the meantime happy with the outcome and very happy we didn't have to sell the TAW shares. All aboard the AMAL roller-coaster for 2019!

• Advertisement

Correction, just looked again on Degiro....now it does indeed appear to be a swap and the AMAL transaction is actually a purchase. Don't know how I mistook that earlier !! I now do indeed have AMAL shares in my Degiro account. Soo fair play Degiro (sorry for dissing ye)

You scared the sh1t out of me! My portfolio is a mess now aswell valuation wise, will have to let them trade a bit to come back up... Cowan showing as Tawana non-tradeable still aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

You scared the sh1t out of me! My portfolio is a mess now aswell valuation wise, will have to let them trade a bit to come back up... Cowan showing as Tawana non-tradeable still aswell.

Cowan were like that from day one, when are they listing do you know?

crushproof wrote: »
    Just had a look. My shares have transferred to AMAL at the rate of 1.1 per TAW share. However I did get a shock when I logged in because the value of the shares appears as $0 so my portfolio was way down. I'm sure this will be altered.

In the meantime happy with the outcome and very happy we didn't have to sell the TAW shares. All aboard the AMAL roller-coaster for 2019!

What's ye'er feeling towards AMAL? It seems to have actually been a reverse takeover. The AMAL chiefs are all expected to retire and Mark Calderwood is going to be the boss of the enlarged entity. Soo it's just going to be a bigger version of Tawana.

cefh17 wrote: »
    Cowan were like that from day one, when are they listing do you know?
    It got delayed, waiting for info.

VKTX firmly in the 9's now I see, Im still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

retalivity wrote: »

Now under 11.00

Lot of Irish/UK companies hitting 12 Month lows now. Personnally keeping my powder dry .... tomorrows Brexit vote could cause another drop...then, who knows whats next ??

No way Im buying anything in this climate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

No way Im buying anything in this climate.
    Buy low sell high! :pac:

Advertisement