Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Thargor wrote: »
    No way Im buying anything in this climate.

Now is a good time to buy, if stocks go lower, buy more

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Didnt say Im never buying again lol, just not buying to watch it drop 3-4-5%+ a day, Im waiting.

Thargor wrote: »
    Didnt say Im never buying again lol, just not buying to watch it drop 3-4-5%+ a day, Im waiting.

Smurfit kappa, crh, Ryanair

Three great Irish companies, had someone bought any of the above three years ago, they would be in the red today, does that mean they were a bad buy in 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Three great Irish companies, had someone bought any of the above three years ago, they would be in the red today, does that mean they were a bad buy in 2015?

Just how much lower can irish stocks go?
    Is a hard brexit priced in fully to share prices or is the uncertainty surrounding the outcome the driving force downwards?

cute geoge wrote: »
    Just how much lower can irish stocks go?
    Is a hard brexit priced in fully to share prices or is the uncertainty surrounding the outcome the driving force downwards?

Irish equities have performed horribly bar kingspan and kerry this past three years, doesn't mean many of the others aren't still great companies with healthy balance sheets and good future earnings

Realistically you can't wait years to buy yet Ryanair, crh, smurfit kappa were higher three years ago, what can you do other than hold on if you believe in those companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Very unlikely but if somehow Britain ends up staying in the EU , how well do ye think Irish stocks exposed to brexit will recover ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Very unlikely but if somehow Britain ends up staying in the EU , how well do ye think Irish stocks exposed to brexit will recover ?

Strap a rocket to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Irish equities have performed horribly bar kingspan and kerry this past three years, doesn't mean many of the others aren't still great companies with healthy balance sheets and good future earnings

Realistically you can't wait years to buy yet Ryanair, crh, smurfit kappa were higher three years ago, what can you do other than hold on if you believe in those companies.

It's shocking to think that the ISEQ at 5,500 is at the same level as 2008, 2004 and 2000!!!

More fool me for being too focussed on the Irish market.

Ryanair at 10.60 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I might be crazy, but I bought more Ryanair today. Just missed out at €10.60 because the money hadn't hit my account in time but bought at 10.69 to bring my break even point below €13. Hoping it can recover to €14 or €15 in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thereality

Smurfit Kappa and CRH are both quite US focused businesses.

CRH products are unique in the sense, that they are low value and not economic to transport low distance. So they have limited competition.

It is bizarre that Smurfit Kappa that was valued at €37.54 in a takeover offer are now valued at under €22 not even with 6 months.

Ryanair is an incredible airline. It makes about 30% operating margin when the likes of easyJet barely scrap 8% sometimes. It is more diversified than easyJet. Yet the market loves easyJet and hates Ryanair

All Irish companies even with massive operations outside of the state are being penalised at the moment. It is possible that the market is not loving Irish companies due to Brexit. The yanks were expecting this year to be the year that European stocks would rally, but they have tanked

The markets just don't like European stocks and hate Irish ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

thereality wrote: »
    Smurfit Kappa and CRH are both quite US focused businesses.

CRH products are unique in the sense, that they are low value and not economic to transport low distance. So they have limited competition.

It is bizarre that Smurfit Kappa that was valued at €37.54 in a takeover offer are now valued at under €22 not even with 6 months.

Ryanair is an incredible airline. It makes about 30% operating margin when the likes of easyJet barely scrap 8% sometimes. It is more diversified than easyJet. Yet the market loves easyJet and hates Ryanair

All Irish companies even with massive operations outside of the state are being penalised at the moment. It is possible that the market is not loving Irish companies due to Brexit. The yanks were expecting this year to be the year that European stocks would rally, but they have tanked

The markets just don't like European stocks and hate Irish ones
    There'd be a lot more Irish people invested in them if it wasn't for the draconian farce of a system we have.

CGT allowance of 1270?
    No 401k/ISA?

No, lets stay in the 1980s....

Geuze wrote: »
    It's shocking to think that the ISEQ at 5,500 is at the same level as 2008, 2004 and 2000!!!

Ryanair at 10.60 today.

Most European stock markets are no higher today than they were nearly twenty years ago, Germany is the outlier and has matched the usa since 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Geuze wrote: »

Ryanair at 10.60 today.

Markets are anything by rational. This is a company with only 1.13bn issued shares trading at under €10.71 per share with a guide of profit for the year to between €1.1 and €1.2bn.
    The projected EPS is excellent. Investors should be piling in and should have been piling in for quite a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

rivegauche wrote: »
    Markets are anything by rational. This is a company with only 1.13bn issued shares trading at under €10.71 per share with a guide of profit for the year to between €1.1 and €1.2bn.
    The projected EPS is excellent. Investors should be piling in and should have been piling in for quite a while now.
    Hitting a technical support level also but if hard brexit happens surely RyanAir will be badly hit and thats why the price is so low?

Similarly BIRG is hitting 5 years lows today and despite a Moody's rating upgraded again I assume all brexit related. Have some money in Degiro burning a hole in my pocket and these look very nicely priced but brexit is the elephant in the room, anyone brave enough to go in?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Bob Harris wrote: »
    NBEV is in the health drink and also CBD infused drinks industry.
    Well up on the year but well down from recent highs when cannabis stock
    were higher than a group of young lads in Amsterdam for the first time.

On the CBD side the US farm bill is to be signed off on in the next couple of weeks and
    it’s thought that hemp will be legalised giving NBEV another major boost to increase it’s
    distribution. They also consider themselves to be on the radar on the likes of Coca-Cola
    and Pepsi who want to get in on this market but may be holding back until legalised is confirmed.

May well pop and run for a few days as legislation rumours abound and if so, I’d take your money
    and watch it drop on the news if it actually does get passed and is included in the bill. If not it will defintitely take a hit.

Up over 40% since. Farm Bill looks like it will be signed off on later today so may drop on the news so might be time to take some off the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Bought 200 shares of Ryanair at 10.65 today. I thought they were cheap at 14 but lost a bit while catching the falling knife. Liquidated at 12 last week. I'll get out if they get back to 12.

Only holding 3 companies for now.

Ryanair
    HIVE
    RGSE

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Hi folks,

Quick question - I hold shares of Square Enix on Frankfurt exchane (ISIN - EI4) which closed up over 7% today, however the actual company as traded in Tokyo - was only up about 2%. Why would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Hi folks,

Quick question - I hold shares of Square Enix on Frankfurt exchane (ISIN - EI4) which closed up over 7% today, however the actual company as traded in Tokyo - was only up about 2%. Why would that be?

News after closing in Tokyo before opening in Frankfurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

nah nothing in news from what I can see...

ANGS looking tasty today, talk on the LSE forum of hitting 22p easily (with some wild talk of much more), currently 14p.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Hi folks,

Seems to be small volumes of many foreign listed companies on Frankfurt Exchange, which can mean large spread in prices when they do trade... and price changes not exactly matching the main listing in home country eg. Japan, Austrailia etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Anyone any experience getting options on Degiro? Seems to be a very limited selection and no way to easily set spreads or anything from what I can see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I'm still tipping RGSE as a buy.

Solar firm with a new solar shingle product similar to what Tesla are trying to achieve except they have the product, $127m in reservations, and start delivering next month.

First tipped it at $0.35

It hit .88 two weeks back.

Opened today at .56, and since i mentioned it an hour ago it's up another 12% to .63.

Do your own homework, but I'm very long here, mkt cap less than $50m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I'm still tipping RGSE as a buy.

Solar firm with a new solar shingle product similar to what Tesla are trying to achieve except they have the product, $127m in reservations, and start delivering next month.

First tipped it at $0.35

It hit .88 two weeks back.

Opened today at .56, and since i mentioned it an hour ago it's up another 12% to .63.

Do your own homework, but I'm very long here, mkt cap less than $50m.

Why has there revenue fallen nearly 80% since 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Where is ryanair on degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Pussyhands wrote: »

You should be able search?

Pussyhands wrote: »

On the top > Prices-Shares-Ireland-ISEQ 20

Or just search for RY4C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

O'Leary sold 4m Ryanair shares last year at €18 a share and another 2m at €16.49 this year.

Total value of sold shares €104.98m.

Could buy them back now for €66m at current price of €11.

He still has 44.1m shares though.

After we see the what Brexit brings, I can see the price going back up. I hope anyway.

Is there anyway to see the orderbook on Degiro or any of the other online stock brokers? The bigger crypto exchanges have this and found it quite interesting to see in the past (not that it saved me when BTC took a dump this year mind :( ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Supercell wrote: »
    Is there anyway to see the orderbook on Degiro or any of the other online stock brokers? The bigger crypto exchanges have this and found it quite interesting to see in the past (not that it saved me when BTC took a dump this year mind :( ).

L2 data isn't available on Degiro.

Advertisement