Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I'd be 99% sure it's the rapid charger and not the car.
    I get those errors all the time with the i3, often just momentary faults or issues with the CCS comms board in the rapid (a particular issue with the efacec rapids, blanchardstown CCS was down last week due to a comms board fault).
    And yes, often the errors I get show on the car side with a "check vehicle with service center" message, but the origin is that the charger side dropped the connection... not that any issue has been detected with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It seems a bit strange though that he has been hit with the exact same behavior and message ('charge complete') on 3 chargers in a row (Waterford, Rochestown, Macroom). That seems too much of a coincidence. Is the CCS software in these rapids really that unreliable?

Our network is more of a joke than I thought it was if thats the case and I knew it was a joke.

Has anyone here managed a CCS charge on any of those 3 rapids in the last week or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 colmkirk

Guys, can someone tell me the correct tyre pressure for the Michelin ev tyres? Due to the cold weather I am getting a warning on 2 of the tyres, I usually put 35 psi in them all

• Registered Users Posts: 65,062 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just looked it up in the manual for you. It is 36psi on all tyres, both for normal and for full load. You can add up to 3psi to that in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

so Fishy1

Was passing CCS fast in Macroom and pulled in . It’s working fine for me on my Ioniq.
    I’d be leaning towards the idea it’s your Ioniq as I’ve always got a charge with a few attempts from these Eface models , barring when they are down.
    Plus you’ve had the same problem with five or more different ones now from what you were saying .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

TOLLOT wrote: »
    so Fishy1

Was passing CCS fast in Macroom and pulled in . It’s working fine for me on my Ioniq.
    I’d be leaning towards the idea it’s your Ioniq as I’ve always got a charge with a few attempts from these Eface models , barring when they are down.
    Plus you’ve had the same problem with five or more different ones now from what you were saying .

Hi Tollot,
    Thanks so much for the feedback. Was hoping that someone here would be able to let me know that they had tried some of the chargers that I’ve had issues with.
    I really appreciate the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Anyone know of one available for a test drive in Dublin? Local dealer won't have any until end of the month

Just ring the Hyundai dealers. Mooneys / Michael Barrable, etc. do a google. There aren't that many in the Dublin area. I would also include a few outside Dublin like Fitzpatricks in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Can I join this club, just purchased a 191 Aurora Silver, delighted and thanks for all the help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Well wear patmac.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Excellent news!
    Lovely car!
    Happy Motoring!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

patmac wrote: »
    Can I join this club, just purchased a 191 Aurora Silver, delighted and thanks for all the help here.

I’ve my 191 due in black. Heard today they land in the country end of Nov from the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

sean72 wrote: »
    I’ve my 191 due in black. Heard today they land in the country end of Nov from the dealer.

My dealer is expecting one in black also, they land the 23rd Nov in the UK, so here a few days later. Have my name on it provisionally

Well wear lads!
    patmac wrote: »

I ordered mine in Aurora Silver originally. But I chickened out in the end and I went for Platinum Silver. Still haven't seen one in Aurora Silver in the flesh yet, but when I do, I might have regrets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Congrats to all! Time to find the last incarnation of the owners table and update...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

unkel wrote: »
    Well wear lads!

I ordered mine in Aurora Silver originally. But I chickened out in the end and I went for Platinum Silver. Still haven't seen one in Aurora Silver in the flesh yet, but when I do, I might have regrets :)

You will... I've seen one. That was going to be my choice, only there was only white available. Anyway, still very happy with the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I got scrappage on my other half’s Corolla, it’s also available on the Kona but not as much. Was tempted by the Kona but the Ioniq is fine for my needs, and my wife gets an upgrade to a 141 which we will probably use for the 2 long trips to the airport per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Just ring the Hyundai dealers. Mooneys / Michael Barrable, etc. do a google. There aren't that many in the Dublin area. I would also include a few outside Dublin like Fitzpatricks in Naas

Seems all the demo models have been sold, none available until that shipment comes in towards the end of the month 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 21,192 ✭✭✭✭Water John

'Lads, we need a bigger boat.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Water John wrote: »
    'Lads, we need a bigger boat.'
    Put me out of my misery, what's the source of that.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Put me out of my misery, what's the source of that.....

Jaws!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

Stuck waiting for a hour now at J14 for a 182 Leaf to finish "fast" charging, very frustrating. Cant park the car so that it would even reach the ac charger to give me a trickle to move on.

Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be a total dick like that 181 L40 that hooked up his car when it was mostly full and charged for several hours while spending the afternoon shopping

At Ireland's second busiest fast charger - making charging impossible for anyone else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be a total dick like that 181 L40 that hooked up his car when it was mostly full and charged for several hours while spending the afternoon shopping

At Ireland's second busiest fast charger - making charging impossible for anyone else :(

2 hours now! Gonna turtle mode it to kildare town charger. 181L1318 owner sucks!

Let's name & shame the pricks (plugged in for at least 60 minutes at a fast charger while absent from your vehicle)

1. Leaf 40 181D36303 12/10/2018 FCP B'town. At least 2 hours
    2. Leaf 40 181L1318 10/11/2018 FCP J14. At least 2 hours

Maybe we should start a dedicated thread for this? With photographic evidence of the car hooked up to FCP and charging speeds of under say 20kW? I'v pictures of above arsehole charging at just 2kW, indicating that he was about 98-99% charged

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

This really highlights why we need to charge for charging, with a steep fee if connected for over 40 minutes.

Don’t know about the steep fee part. For instance it will take the Kona nearly an hour to charge for full, if you really ne dead that charge, it would be a bummer for you to be penalized.

But the charging part I agree with. And once it’s full, then steep fee for non disconnecting.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Don’t know about the steep fee part. For instance it will take the Kona nearly an hour to charge for full, if you really ne dead that charge, it would be a bummer for you to be penalized.

But the charging part I agree with. And once it’s full, then steep fee for non disconnecting.

After 40 minutes at a fast charger the Kona can replenish over 220km, likely more than enough to move on to the next charger or destination.

That’s true, and for most people that amount of charge would be fine.

But as someone who has spent his fair share of time trapped behind some d1ckhead charging a leaf or something else, even the best laid plans can go assways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Let's name & shame the pricks (plugged in for at least 60 minutes at a fast charger while absent from your vehicle)

1. Leaf 40 181D36303 12/10/2018 FCP B'town. At least 2 hours
    2. Leaf 40 181L1318 10/11/2018 FCP J14. At least 2 hours

Maybe we should start a dedicated thread for this? With photographic evidence of the car hooked up to FCP and charging speeds of under say 20kW? I'v pictures of above arsehole charging at just 2kW, indicating that he was about 98-99% charged

Has anybody tried calling eCars when they find one of these, see if they are willing to stop the charge if it has been there for 2 hours?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement