Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's the lack of supply - considering dealers here are retailing ex demos from UK dealers because they can't get any more from Hyundai, you know there's a supply problem.

The demand is there, and people dont seem to apply depreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,062 ✭✭✭✭unkel

A second hand, white (!!!) Ioniq for over €40k is ridiculous. Must be a typo. Even at €30k it would be poor value

If you want one, try and get a better deal or bring one in from the UK (from about £20k, so about €23k landed if you do it yourself for a 2017 car)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

unkel wrote: »
    A second hand, white (!!!) Ioniq for over €40k is ridiculous. Must be a typo. Even at €30k it would be poor value

If you want one, try and get a better deal or bring one in from the UK (from about £20k, so about €23k landed if you do it yourself for a 2017 car)

I'm not sure what the problem is here. It's a brand new car with 15kms on it. The price isn't "insane", it's clearly before grants, and €30k would be about right for a new Ioniq. What's the drama? :p

Pretty stupid for a dealer to advertise the price before grants, for a start

Then why would anyone pay more than the full RRP for a 182 car when they can have the same car for the same money on 191 plates in 6 weeks time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Pretty stupid for a dealer to advertise the price before grants, for a start

Then why would anyone pay more than the full RRP for a 182 car when they can have the same car for the same money on 191 plates in 6 weeks time?

Yeah, stupid alright. At least include it somewhere else on the ad.

Loads of people are now buying cars for January delivery. No need for this car to be any different. It could be registered straight away, but it would take a certain type of fool to do that.

Anyone remember the days of cars driving around for months with bits of cardboard saying "for reg" stuck to the reg plate space? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Or less for a 2016 car

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810281914824

Good find! I reckon the seller is asking for too little. It should sell very quickly. If you got it for GBP16k, you could land it for less than EUR18.5k. Much better value than a say €15k 2016 Leaf30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Yeah, stupid alright. At least include it somewhere else on the ad.

Loads of people are now buying cars for January delivery. No need for this car to be any different. It could be registered straight away, but it would take a certain type of fool to do that.

Anyone remember the days of cars driving around for months with bits of cardboard saying "for reg" stuck to the reg plate space? :D

That driving around with no reg was very much a thing around 1988 to 1990.

You were winning on the double - you got to shout to the world in November that you had a new car by having no plates.

You then got to shout to the world you had a new car for the 2nd time in January the following year by having the new years registration.

Happy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's the lack of supply - considering dealers here are retailing ex demos from UK dealers because they can't get any more from Hyundai, you know there's a supply problem.

The demand is there, and people dont seem to apply depreciation.

Is any grant available if you purchase a car in the UK

Nope, you have to buy a brand new EV in Ireland to get €5,000 SEAI grant

If you buy a new or second hand EV in the UK, you do still get the €5,000 discount on the VRT though and you also get the €600 subsidy to install a charge point at your home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

sean72 wrote: »
    Do Hyundai recommend any specific type of home charger for their range?

Not that I'm aware of. I wasn't given any advice to this effect. AFAIK, it has to be Type2, and that's it.

My own charger is a Zappi, installed by Nigel Daly and so far (touch wood) I'm very happy with it. There were cheaper options, but this seemed like the best overall in terms of quality and reliability. Apart from one occasion when it tripped the switch, it hasn't let me down since it was installed back in late April.

2016 Ioniq not had much depreciation in its 2 (nearly 3now) years:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-ex-demo-vehicle/20407587

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Just ordered 4 new tyres for our Ioniq, hitting around 40k and the wear on the fronts means I want to replace them before winter.
    I've gone for the Continental AllSeasonContacts. Hopefully should improve the off the line performance when it's wet.

I'll post here when they're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ELM327 wrote: »
    2016 Ioniq not had much depreciation in its 2 (nearly 3now) years:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-ex-demo-vehicle/20407587

There's no price, how do you know what the depreciation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭zg3409

>There's no price, how do you know what >the depreciation is.

It did have a price, they removed it, presumably to increase it

I could be wrong but I think the price was €23,995
    liamog wrote: »
    I've gone for the Continental AllSeasonContacts. Hopefully should improve the off the line performance when it's wet.

Would you share how you came to that choice, reviews? How much were they and where did you have them fitted?

My mileage is a good bit lower, but it won't be that long before I need to replace mine. I also don't care much about efficiency / range, but I do need tyres with a lot more grip when circumstances aren't perfect. The wheelspin I've had the last wet week or so was not funny (I know it is my driving style more to blame than the tyres)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

Nope, you have to buy a brand new EV in Ireland to get €5,000 SEAI grant

If you buy a new or second hand EV in the UK, you do still get the €5,000 discount on the VRT though and you also get the €600 subsidy to install a charge point at your home.
    ok, so in effect you do?
    not sure what the vrt would be but if it was 5100, you only pay 100, so whatever the balance is after 5k. I'll have to compare prices here to see if there is that much of a saving to be made on similar age, if you can save 5k on the cost then it breaks even if you can deduct it from the vrt. Are the features or spec any different for UK models?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭zg3409

>Are the features or spec any different for >UK models?

Basic Irish spec does not have heated steering wheel, otherwise same as far as I know. Higher uk spec has leather and I think heated back seats.

NIMAN wrote: »
    There's no price, how do you know what the depreciation is.
    Was listed at 24k when I posted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

They sold it anyway....didn’t last long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

zg3409 wrote: »
    >Are the features or spec any different for >UK models?

Basic Irish spec does not have heated steering wheel, otherwise same as far as I know. Higher uk spec has leather and I think heated back seats.

There is a heated steering wheel on the Irish 2019 model.
    Hyundai UK website has the differences between the specs, leather, blindspot warning and front parking sensors, think that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

There is a heated steering wheel on the Irish 2019 model.
    Really? That would be great, going to test drive a newly landed demo car today so I'll check that out, thanks!

I can confirm that the 191 Ioniq EV I just bought has a heated steering wheel :)

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

BigAl81 wrote: »
    I can confirm that the 191 Ioniq EV I just bought has a heated steering wheel :)

Congrats on thew new purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Test drive went well then :).

Best of luck with the car

Thanks,

Still a bit surreal, hadn't really planned to by one today, but my current car is falling apart so that accelerated plans somewhat.

It's a lovely car, I also test drove the Model S and Leaf for comparison.

I got scrappage on the Ioniq so for 26k on the road it's a bargain.

It's nice to drive and very comfortable. I would have liked leather and an app to control the preheating etc, but for the price I'm happy.

Collecting first week in January, seems aaagggeeesss away now ;)

Thanks for all the advice on this forum, there isn't a hope I'd have gotten one without the help and tips here.

Cheers,
    Big "Electric" Al ;)

Thanks,

Still a bit surreal, hadn't really planned to by one today, but my current car is falling apart so that accelerated plans somewhat.

It's nice to drive and very comfortable. I would have liked leather and an app to control the preheating etc, but for the price I'm happy.

Thanks for all the advice on this forum, there isn't a hope I'd have gotten one without the help and tips here.

Cheers,
    Big "Electric" Al ;)
    Wow, sure is, I paid that for a 171 earlier this year!
    Well wear.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Would you share how you came to that choice, reviews? How much were they and where did you have them fitted?

The conti's seem to be scoring quite well in comparison tests.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20182019-results-by-category

I bought them from EireTyres for ~€88 a corner. Will be getting them fitted by Phil in Naas, not sure on the price yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Thanks,

Cheers,
    Big "Electric" Al ;)

Congrats, what colour did you get? Put a deposit down on a yet to arrive black one today.

• Advertisement

Had a choice of black or white and went white. Had a black car for 5 years so just fancied a change!

Reading the 550 page manual now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement