Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

You could be confident of that if he released his tax returns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

.243 wrote: »
    was that the watergate scandal ??

No silly the one about the adulterous priest and the beach ball below in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Berserker wrote: »
    He didn't. The man is a billionaire. Some of his businesses have failed but he's been very successful overall.

The man's a billionaire in the his head and the press. He's a conman who's been bought and sold for years because of his never ending failures. His failure to release his tax returns which are most likely fantasy anyway should be enough to make even his most ardent supporter query why.
    I'd love to get a look at them and the backup to them. It would be an eye opener.

Doff wrote: »
    Can you point out where exactly I said one of his achievements hasn't happened?

Thanks! :)

The situation North Korea is no further than it was. Several Trump aides tried to stop him from bragging about it as it has literally happened many times before with Kim and his his father. Pompeo trip was cancelled why?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

The situation North Korea is no further than it was. Several Trump aides tried to stop him from bragging about it as it has literally happened many times before with Kim and his his father. Pompeo trip was cancelled why?

So, you're not going to try point out where I said it hasn't happened?

No further than it was, so North Korea are still actively testing to see how far they can shoot rockets?

Happened many times before? Didn't realize other US presidents met with North Korea's leader to discuss this.

Many reason's have been given for cancelling the Pompeo trip, such as slow insufficient progress regarding denuclearizing or other reports saying they are continuing the develop nuclear weapons. Unfortunately, only time will tell, but I shouldn't really need to explain that to an adult.

• Advertisement

You listed this as a great achievement. Id keep the 'adult' pops to a minimum I don't blindly follow a conman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

You listed this as a great achievement. Id keep the 'adult' pops to a minimum I don't blindly follow a conman

You blindly follow the mainstream media, a complete bunch of cons

How on earth would you know what kind of media I follow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The UN have concluded they're still developing nukes... So no progress has been made..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Because anyone who hasn't been conned by Trump is clearly being deceived by the FAKE NEWS, lugenpresse, mainstream media. It's the only possible explanation.

For real news, you should check out infowars, the daily caller and Fox but don't listen to Smith or Wallace. If you want to keep up to speed with Killary's past crimes, be sure to check out Hannity and Carlson.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

A homeless crisis, a health care system really struggling and I bet you get more protests about the visit of the US President than any of those things I mentioned. Irish people just let their own politicians **** them and they can actually do something about it by getting rid of the douchebags who govern the place. But Trump comes along and lazy people all of a sudden have a get up and go about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Taytoland wrote: »
    A homeless crisis, a health care system really struggling and I bet you get more protests about the visit of the US President than any of those things I mentioned. Irish people just let their own politicians **** them and they can actually do something about it by getting rid of the douchebags who govern the place. But Trump comes along and lazy people all of a sudden have a get up and go about them.

What are you doing about the non government in stormont?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Essentially your argument boils down to "look over there". That seems to be a common trend with those supporting Trump. I suppose "but homeless, but healthcare" at least gives us some variation on "but Obama, but Hillary" though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

What are you doing about the non government in stormont?
    Don't look at me for that as I am against mandatory coalition as it doesn't work. So I would agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭.243

Dannyriver wrote: »
    No silly the one about the adulterous priest and the beach ball below in Tramore.
    That was the bishop Brennan tape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭.243

Doff wrote: »
    So, you're not going to try point out where I said it hasn't happened?

No further than it was, so North Korea are still actively testing to see how far they can shoot rockets?

Happened many times before? Didn't realize other US presidents met with North Korea's leader to discuss this.

Many reason's have been given for cancelling the Pompeo trip, such as slow insufficient progress regarding denuclearizing or other reports saying they are continuing the develop nuclear weapons. Unfortunately, only time will tell, but I shouldn't really need to explain that to an adult.
    Don’t forget about the American servicemen from the Korean War that were got back,I’ve never come across any evidence of previous attempts by presidents before trump to bring them home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Labour and the Greens will protest at this under the banner Democracy and Decency.

The non-militant left really is weak here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I'm inferring from your posts that you follow the mainstream media. Perhaps I'm wrong though. In which case I'd love you to correct me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Top advisors in the WH have decided to not carry out certain orders from Trump because he is so stupid.

Their only role now is to protect the country from an idiot.

And they call him dumb, they call him stupid openly.

But MAGA guys think he is smart.

Who to believe?

Sure educate us then on what media we should be harvesting if we want avoid fake news?

• Advertisement

.243 wrote: »
    Don’t forget about the American servicemen from the Korean War that were got back,I’ve never come across any evidence of previous attempts by presidents before trump to bring them home

Or you have never looked it up?

Im delighted that happened btw. Its just the original claim was that Trump had moved the Korean issue forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Labour and the Greens will protest at this under the banner Democracy and Decency.

The non-militant left really is weak here.

Protesting a Democratically elected President

Some people are oblivious to irony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Wegian wrote: »

Would you prefer if protesting against Trump was Verboten?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just because he was elected doesn't mean you can't protest him :confused:

The right to protest is a cornerstone of any true democracy, some people are oblivious to understanding basic political principles ...The irony is all yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I think you need a better dictionary if you think protesting a "democratically" elected president is ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Just look at the numpties who are going to protest. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Would you prefer if protesting against Trump was Verboten?

No, absolutely not, thankfully we live in a free society

However to protest a democratically elected head of state under the banner of democracy is idiotic

No, absolutely not, thankfully we live in a free society

However to protest a democratically elected head of state under the banner of democracy is idiotic

:eek:

That statement is idiotic , take a quick look at the link below to understand why

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/human-rights/free-speech-and-protest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Just look at the numpties who are going to protest. Enough said.

It seems to provoke a bizarre amount of outrage that people will be exercising their democratic right to protest.

Advertisement