Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Very surprised if he will answer that question, here s hoping I'm wrong

AFAIK I have answered all questions put to me in this thread. If there is one that I have let slip please let me know.
    ...ahead of Donald Trump's Twitter account?

Where did I say Donald Trumps twitter account is accurate? If I read his Twitter I would fact check it like any other source.

what specific sources would you be willing to accept as accurate...

I will accept any source, I will then check myself to back up that sources claims. Out of my hat, I will give you two specific sources - CNN, Fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ok so lets talk about it... First you will have to educate me.
    No worries, though I already did yesterday:
    Billy86 wrote: »
    That what FEMA and disaster relief is for - supplying clean water, food, shelter, and protection against violence as people fight for a lack of them. Without these things, people die from starvation, thirst, disease, exposure to the elements and violence from others desperate to not meet that fate.

What happened to Puerto Rico's disaster relief?
    Power - Thousands of Puerto Ricans are still without electricity nearly a year later - https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/6/13/17413828/puerto-rico-blackout-power-grid-hurricane-maria . Without power you do not have a fridge or freezer and cannot store food, and with Puerto Rico being an island it is obviously trickier to get a steady supply of food in. Obviously it also makes it an awful lot more difficult to prepare and cook food which only makes the problem worse again.

Food - FEMA were only providing 200,000 meals to feed the 2 million people impacted, and when you only have one meal for every 10 people, well they begin to starve - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/11/puerto-rico-food-shortage-hurricane-maria . After a disaster like this, a lot of food already in the country would have been lost or destroyed. A lot of the animals were killed meaning a lack of meat, while crops would have also been destroyed and the land they grew on badly damaged.

Water - Added to that, the water supply was badly tainted and dirty drinking water = disease - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/08/puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-water-quality . Yet the US Environmental Protection Agency tried to claim the water was undamaged and so didn't really make much effort towards fixing it. This is in no small part to due to the fact that Donald "drain the swamp" Trump decided to put climate change denier Scott Pruitt - a guy who had sued the EPA 14 times, and who openly boasted about being "a leading advocate against the EPA's activist agenda" - as it's head, who instead spent the money on $130 pens, $43,000 illegal phone booths in his office, and millions on first class travel and increased security because he knew how corrupt he was. In fact, it only came out in the last few weeks that there has been $22mn dollars worth of clean, bottled water in Puerto Rico that the US government just... decided not to give to them for no known reason - 20,000 pallets worth - https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/12/us/puerto-rico-bottled-water-dump-weir/index.html . I have checked, and one pallet holds 1,728 bottles of water which would mean that comes to 3.45 million bottles of water were just withheld for no good reason as people continue to die from lack of access to clean water.

Shelter - PR also has a tropical climate, which means heavy rainfall can be quite frequent. This can be fine when you have the opportunity to go home during the rain to keep dry, or after to change into dry clothes. When you don't have a home or shelter, those aren't options and so you're left with all your clothes being wet and dirty which again gives a huge increase to chances or disease and illness. This is still the reality for a lot of Puerto Ricans:

image.png

So you have huge shortages of food, for many no way to store/preserve what little food they actually do have (and PR being hot and humid means it going rotten in almost no time at all) as well as very limited access to clean water for many (as the US government simultaneously denies this and decides to not give them the 3.45 million bottles of clean water already there) both for drinking and for cooking of said food. And on top of all that, a lack of access to power to cook what little food there is as well as a lack of shelter to keep dry, and safe from the elements - it's a nice little recipe for death and disease.

This is how the pathetic reaction under Trump to the disaster has contributed massively to those 3,000 deaths - so many of which would have been preventable as Donald is claiming only 16 (or 64 now?) died during the event itself. And instead of increasing funding to try and get a handle on it, instead they have just further defunded FEMA (disaster relief) and thrown the money at ICE to kidnap, drug, torture and 'lose' even more children, including those of US citizens.

What happened to hiring 'only the best people'... or is this an example of what Trump supporters consider 'the best'?
    Citation please
    No worries, though this is the third time in 3-4 days/3-4 pages of this thread that I have been asked for these same citations:
    And, again, as I already went through in detail in another post in this very thread, the fact that under his administration children (including those of US citizens) have been systematically kidnapped, drugged and tortured:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

AFAIK I have answered all questions put to me in this thread. If there is one that I have let slip please let me know.

Where did I say Donald Trumps twitter account is accurate? If I read his Twitter I would fact check it like any other source.

I will accept any source, I will then check myself to back up that sources claims. Out of my hat, I will give you two specific sources - CNN, Fox.

Wait are you saying CNN and Fox are good sources?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wait are you saying CNN and Fox are good sources?

I said they were sources. Where did I say they were GOOD sources?

Thanks Billy86. There is quite a bit to digest there. I am away until Tuesday (as already stated) so it will be then that I can give you a full response, I will be monitoring the thread in the mean time on and off. Just in case you think I am ignoring you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I never said you did: but the claim of nummber of deaths was made on Donald Trump's Twitter, so that's the yardstick that has to be used, obviously.

By the way, in what way are CNN and Fox not "mainstream media" you derided people for using earlier in the thread?
    You blindly follow the mainstream media, a complete bunch of cons

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Thanks Billy86. There is quite a bit to digest there. I am away until Tuesday (as already stated) so it will be then that I can give you a full response, I will be monitoring the thread in the mean time on and off. Just in case you think I am ignoring you.

We await your erudite and no doubt insightful reply with bated breath.

By the way, in what way are CNN and Fox not "mainstream media" you derided people for using earlier in the thread?

Who said they were not mainstream? Certainly not me.

I was asked to give specific sources and I picked two "out of my hat". I do not blindly follow any source unlike most people here it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

I was asked to give specific sources and I picked two "out of my hat". I do not blindly follow any source unlike most people here it seems...

Unless the source is Donald Trump clearly

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Unless the source is Donald Trump clearly

Please see post #1622

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Why are you hounding me? What has it got to do with tax returns? No I have no reply to that particular post, and no I didnt miss it
    Ok so lets talk about it... First you will have to educate me.

Citation please

[QUOTE=Kidchameleon;108087721]I have read the thread, I see there are some posts pertaining to Trump using relief funds to abuse children. I would like verifiable evidence to same as opposed to some strangers word on a message board. I have searched the internet for evidence to the claim but I cannot find any, perhaps those here claiming it could reveal their sources. If I see evidence that the Trump administration is guilty of misappropriation of funds then I will condemn the president and his staff. Until I have seen the evidence, the claim is hyperbole to me.[/QUOTE]

I said they were sources. Where did I say they were GOOD sources?

Goodman Kid, you're doing a great job against all the odds... :rolleyes:

How come the conversation always comes back to you.
    You're more interested in talking about yourself than Trump, you'd have to wounder are you even a real Trump fan.

Now! is their any actual real live Trump supporter who wants to talk about Trump other than trolls or some guy who fancies himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Most people certainly would.

It depends on how you define "mainstream" and "media" when you complain that people are taken in by mainstream media, though. If it's not anything up to the standard of the aforementioned organisations, I'd wonder what exactly you think other people are reading.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We await your erudite and no doubt insightful reply with bated breath.
    To be fair, it's probably right to give a few days if they are busy for them to take it in. I'll just be hoping they don't give it a few days, then ignore it and go on to other points as if I never posted it. That's not intended as a comment on that particular poster either since I'm not really familiar with them, but it is also fair to point out that it is a very consistent trait among an awful lot of Trump supporters here and elsewhere, and it gets frustrating having to quote your own post over and over and over again when people keep asking for info that has already been given, which has had to be done multiple times over the last 2+ years (and as I said, often to be ignored only for the same person days later to come asking for the same info).

@Billy86

There are quite a few "I's" in your posts aswell. In fact, read any posters history and you could find "I's" all over the place, your trying to use semantics as a smokescreen. Enough of the childishness. We are all tyring to have a discussion here. You think my posts are about my ego, then go and make a massive post just about me? As you said yourself, we are discussing trump and thats all I shall discuss thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

You spelt 'hole' wrongly :D

Billy86,

I have had time to review the articles you shared. There were huge mistakes made it seems. The response was not adequate. As far as funding is concerned, we are talking about tens of billions, there is only so much of that to go around. I cannot see where it was misappropriated though. It seems pretty transparent how much fema was given and where it was spent.

Advertisement