Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I've demonstrated you can't ask the right questions, which demonstrates all we need to know about your posts.

Not really. You struggle with the following simple question:

"Do you think Trump is intelligent?"

Not only have you struggled, you've succeeded as well as a fat guy having an aneurysm at the starting blocks.

So far, all you've been capable of is a variant of "No you". That might look clever in whatever media the kids are using these days but there are grownups here.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

batgoat wrote: »
    Sexism - he used a political debate to make remarks about the moderator's period. Describes how he can grab women by the pussy.

Racism/xenophobia - Regularly incites hatred against Mexicans, has made plenty of racist remarks about specific countries.

So guess what, there's substance to every complaint about Trump. You'd have to be completely deluded to claim otherwise.

Sexism - was the first ever property developer in Manhattan to put a young female engineer entirely in charge of his largest property developments.

Racism/xenophobia, complains about legal's, not all Mexicans.

So all you've demonstrated is that you have an inaccurate and simplistic narrative about Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Like it or lump it he's the democratically elected leader of the US and there are certain protocols that will have to be adhered to in terms of his official visit.

Anyone can protest but bear in mind you may as well be farting against a hurricane for all the use it will do.

I couldn't be arsed, Trump is much like gun culture, and until America wakes up and changes something, they will continue to reap what they sew.

ELM327 wrote: »
    How is the system undemocratic? The electoral college seems undemocratic to those unfamiliar with its origins but it does what it was intended to do very well. It ensures that the will of the people in each state of the union is represented, while ensuring that the fate of the union is not dictated solely by big liberal masses of people in one or two large cities/states like NY and Cal.

Its bloody stupid archaic system way past its sell by date designed in an era when being a New Yorker, a Virginian or a Rhode Islander was considered equal if not even more important than being an American. That no longer holds IMO.

I think he's an idiot and it's clearly not just me.

You see there's the problem, it doesn't matter what you think, or what any of his haters claim.

• Advertisement

That's a very vague question, what kind of substance? Define substance, is sand a substance?

let's compare then :
    Wow, this a complete turd of a thread and a massive DT circle jerk. Well only **** could possible support such a human wankstain.

screamer wrote: »
    Like it or lump it he's the democratically elected leader of the US and there are certain protocols that will have to be adhered to in terms of his official visit.

Anyone can protest but bear in mind you may as well be farting against a hurricane for all the use it will do.

I couldn't be arsed, Trump is much like gun culture, and until America wakes up and changes something, they will continue to reap what they sew.

!00%

He's their leader and whether I like him or not, our State has to maintain our relationship with the US. I won't be protesting myself as I'm not that arsed either.

I do find his presidency fascinating though because it has shown that the US system has some serious vulnerabilities.

You see there's the problem, it doesn't matter what you think, or what any of his haters claim.

Is it not past your bed time?

AMKC wrote: »
    I think Trump thinks of it as one big reality show and does not care much for the consequences after. That is why he went to meet with the North Korean leader and Putin and why the one with Iran failed to happen as the Iranian leader knew that's all it would be. Nothing of much substance will ever come from either of them meetings do. Trump is harming the USA's reputation and the sooner the Americans get rid of him the better.

I don't agree, but you've made a decent attempt compared to the usual standard. In fact it's the most reasoned criticism of Trump on this thread yet.

He's made more headway on North Korea and Putin, and Iran, than any of his predecessors. His reputation is just fine where it needs to be. They fear Trump because of his unpredictability, unlike Obama, who they wrapped around their little fingers. Anyone who let's themselves be controlled by the media, or is at their beck and call, is much less trustworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Sexism - he used a political debate to make remarks about the moderator's period. Describes how he can grab women by the pussy.

Racism/xenophobia - Regularly incites hatred against Mexicans, has made plenty of racist remarks about specific countries.

So guess what, there's substance to every complaint about Trump. You'd have to be completely deluded to claim otherwise.

Sexism - was the first ever property developer in Manhattan to put a young female engineer entirely in charge of his largest property developments.

Racism/xenophobia, complains about legal's, not all Mexicans.

So all you've demonstrated is that you have an inaccurate and simplistic narrative about Trump.
    No, he tars all Mexicans on a regular basis. Here's another, he continues to claim the Central Park Five are guilty even though they are not. He pushed to have them executed....

This doesn't negate all the sexist stuff that he's done including the cited examples...

• Advertisement

He's made more headway on North Korea and Putin, and Iran, than any of his predecessors.

I'm curious about this. I know that he has claimed this but reality doesn't quite agree. North Korea, walked all over him, Putin is dicking around in donbass and made him look like a cuck in Helsinki and Iran is at risk of going nuclear if the inspections that are part of the deal cease.

If you could explain how he's doing a good job, I'm all ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Ongoing investigation which includes numerous indictments which Trump seems to desperately want to end rather than waiting for it to conclude. Surely he should want it to run to the end so it proves his innocence, no?

Do you really believe that a few years ago Russia decided that Donald trump would be their Manchurian candidate. They managed to get a Russian controlled team around him without anybody noticing and got him through the primaries despite the greatest minds in the US assuming he had no chance. They didn’t get him to win the popular vote but luckily they managed to convince enough people in just the right States to vote in a certain way to win. Again, against all predictions. All of this was planned years if not decades ago.

The dossier is a fairytale for children.

Not that foreign powers don’t influence the US election but the ones that do can’t be mentioned.

No, he tars all Mexicans on a regular basis. Here's another, he continues to claim the Central Park Five are guilty even though they are not. He pushed to have them executed....

This doesn't negate all the sexist stuff that he's done including the cited examples...

Imagine being at the pub with your wife. A fat guy walks in. He pops a tic-tac into his fat mouth. He walks over to your wife. Grabs her. Stick his tic-tac flavoured tongue into your wife's mouth. Would you support him or would you make sure he had to be carried out by medical professionals? Bear in mind that this is an unhealthy and obese guy who needs a golf buggy for anything over a few hundred meters.

I'm curious about this. I know that he has claimed this but reality doesn't quite agree. North Korea, walked all over him, Putin is dicking around in donbass and made him look like a cuck in Helsinki and Iran is at risk of going nuclear if the inspections that are part of the deal cease.

If you could explain how he's doing a good job, I'm all ears.

Not sure any of those places are in, or near the US.

Not sure any of those places are in, or near the US.

I'm not sure what your point is. The person that I responded to said that he was doing a good job in those places. I disagreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭.243

"Do you think Trump is intelligent?"
    He’d have to be to some degree,
    Name me a billionaire that made his fortune who isn’t

Of course the US is entirely nuts. Left and right. The furore today is over a woman sitting behind Kavanaugh who is folding her arms in a way that is supposedly white supremacist even though she is Mexican.

The sooner that country loses it status as an imperial power the better for humanity.

.243 wrote: »

He inherited the money and invested in real estate in what was to become one of the world’s most expensive cities. Easy enough.

He inherited the money and invested in real estate in what was to become one of the world’s most expensive cities. Easy enough.

If you watch the documentaries on Trump and his rise in the 80's and 90's one thing that stands out was it far from easy. The other interesting common theme was all of his major opponents in New York politics and property development, then as now, underestimated him as some sort of buffoon, and yet he got the better of all of them.

Thanks for at least answering what I considered a fairly simple question.

Bernie Madoff. He was smart enough to run a con for a while and own 17 billion dollars but not smart enough to hold on to it. There are loads of these types in the US.

People who inherit wealth, as Donald did, live in a different world than you do. He didn't start with nothing and work his way up. He started out rich but if he was involved in criminality, he might not be able to hang on to it.

• Advertisement

If you watch the documentaries on Trump and his rise in the 80's and 90's one thing that stands out was it far from easy. The other interesting common theme was all of his major opponents in New York politics and property development, then as now, underestimated him as some sort of buffoon, and yet he got the better of all of them.

Did he do that legally? Because doing it illegally wouldn't be the smartest thing in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

He tapped into why a lot of Americans were unhappy with the way the country was been run under Obama + Hillary was democratic candidate. Now he knew he had a real chance of winning, which he did.

Remember looking at bbc coverage the night of the election and they smugly saying Hillary has it, they're getting the glass ceiling ready. Different story a few hours later.

It doesn’t matter what he started with,it’s how he used it to get where he is with it,and if it was “easy enough” anyone who inherited any sort of fortune would be richer,but very few do unless they have the intelligence on how to make it work

He did seem much smarter back then, to be fair. See the YouTube interview with Oprah I posted a few posts back.

It doesn’t matter what he started with,it’s how he used it to get where he is with it,and if it was “easy enough” anyone who inherited any sort of fortune would be richer,but very few do unless they have the intelligence on how to make it work

He still needs to keep it. He's already an unindicted co-conspirator in two Campaign Finance violation charges in the SDNY. And that's without any of the Mueller stuff.

Did he do that legally? Because doing it illegally wouldn't be the smartest thing in the world.
    Even if he did it illegally,you’d have to be very smart person to still be on top after all this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

He turned 1 million into 7 billion. Thats like turning 1 euro into 7k. He's no buffoon, sorry haters.

He did seem much smarter back then, to be fair. See the YouTube interview with Oprah I posted a few posts back.

He was definitely a lot more coherent in the past. Now, he comes out with stuff like this. Seriously, read it. It's like he's having a stroke:

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

Most people who inherit fortunes don’t lose those fortunes. That’s a myth. There’s a rich family close by where I live who have been in their castle for close on a millenium.

The average joe who leaves college with debt and retires comfortably is doing more, relative to where he started, than a multi millionaire who made a few more millions.

But as I said the younger trump was smarter.

• Advertisement

If you believe that, I would advise watching a much broader selection than that Oprah clip, or what today's media selectively cut and present. He's comes across as no better or worse in the 80's and 90's compared to now, but he's is more experienced.

Advertisement