Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I see this thread is going exactly the way I thought it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

OP-ed published in New York Times by anonymous insider in the White House

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-05/nyt-publishes-anonymous-op-ed-saboteur-inside-trump-white-house
    The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.

we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/1037429805141172225

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The op-ed from the administration staff member basically calls him a thick cnut who is unfit for the office and has to be contained. These are people he appointed. That people admire this guy who Rex Tillerson called a "fcuking moron" says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anonymous insiders?

New York Times?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Anonymous insiders?

New York Times?

Treason

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1037449338891501569

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

rossie1977 wrote: »

Ignore the message shoot the messenger ...brilliant :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Yes, let's see what John Kelly thinks of the president as per Bob Woodward's new book

DmXJvSWXgAANaJv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

It must be close to the end now, the author of the op-ed knows full well the strong chances of them being found out, whats in it for him/her?  they just wanna be in the newly forming, "we did it for the greater good" camp.
    He won't be coming here, not as POTUS anyway, I'll give him a fortnight, his resignation speech will be epic better than anything we've seen yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Sure educate us then on what media we should be harvesting if we want avoid fake news?

I consume all media available to me, including the mainstream. I then come to my own conclusions based on the verifiable evidence. You can tell someone only reads the rag headlines if you listen to what they say about Trump. Where do you get your news? I'm also still waiting on another poster to answer that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I consume all media available to me, including the mainstream. I then come to my own conclusions based on the verifiable evidence. You can tell someone only reads the rag headlines if you listen to what they say about Trump. Where do you get your news? I'm also still waiting on another poster to answer that question.
    What are some of the things people say about Trump that prove to you they haven't a clue, then?

How do you decide what evidence is verifiable, by the way? I've heard Trump supporters completely discount the NYT, CNN, Washington Post, etc. as worthy news sources at all. How do you decide what stories from those outlets are based on actual evidence, instead of summarily dismissing them?

Myself, I'll read the NYT, Washington Post, Guardian, Irish Times and then aggregators on top of that (usually via Reddit). I also quite frequently check out Fox News and Breitbart, just to see their take/spin on things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I absolutely love the fact that in 2013 Trump tweeded 'Only the Obama WH can get away with attacking Bob Woodward' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

If I ever do something shady please dont let Sebastian Gorka come to my defense

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

rossie1977 wrote: »

I love how he assumes the insider isnt kelly.

Trump put up Kellys denial he called him and idiot from the last time he called him and idiot not from the book,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Anonymous insiders?

New York Times?

Well, Trump believes it's true.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037464177269514240

While at the same time he tries to convince his marks that it isn't.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037485664433070080

Then again, this is the guy who tells his rubes:
    “Just remember, what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening…”

So, if you're making the case that the NYT just made this up, fair play to you. That takes some something, whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

... doesn't answer the question: what media sources do you trust?

Personally, I don't trust any of them; but am forming the opinion that there's a bit too much for it all to be fake. Also, based on watching the man in interveiws and news conferences, the accusations would be totally in line with the characteristics he's displayed.

But, obviously, that's not based on media, that's based on directly watching reading and lsitening to Trump. Case in point: does Trump encourage violence or is it fake news? Well, there are plenty of videos on youtube of him doing directly that in rallies, so it;s not even news, fake or otherwise. It's fact.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So based on the above, when DT tells a blatant lie at a rally, i mean one of those real porkies that he is famous for, and you see it on all of the media that you consume. Have you ever come to the conclusion that he a liar, a narcissist and downright rotten to the core?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

... doesn't answer the question: what media sources do you trust?

Personally, I don't trust any of them; but am forming the opinion that there's a bit too much for it all to be fake. Also, based on watching the man in interveiws and news conferences, the accusations would be totally in line with the characteristics he's displayed.

But, obviously, that's not based on media, that's based on directly watching reading and lsitening to Trump. Case in point: does Trump encourage violence or is it fake news? Well, there are plenty of videos on youtube of him doing directly that in rallies, so it;s not even news, fake or otherwise. It's fact.

Just most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It really says something about the different mentality between liberals and conservatives , when conservatives didnt start spreading all this rubbish when Barack Hussein Obama was in office but yet the liberals and liberal media outlets seem determined to bad mouth Trump.

Doesn't matter anyway it all fuels the trump train so to speak, as Trump and those who support him don't care about the stuff reported and it actually helps Trump in the 2020 race, fuelling the "us vs them" mentality even further.

ELM327 wrote: »
    It really says something about the different mentality between liberals and conservatives , when conservatives didnt start spreading all this rubbish when Barack Hussein Obama was in office but yet the liberals and liberal media outlets seem determined to bad mouth Trump.

Doesn't matter anyway it all fuels the trump train so to speak, as Trump and those who support him don't care about the stuff reported and it actually helps Trump in the 2020 race, fuelling the "us vs them" mentality even further.

You mean the conservative media that were obsessed with the birther nonsense and that Obama was a muslim? that conservative media?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Why do you keep referring to Barack Obama as 'Barack Hussein Obama'?

Don't forget people in the white house and are you being willfully ignorant to what comes out of Trumps mouth?.

There won't be a Trump 2020 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

It's just a nice fun dog whistle is all, Obama is secretly a muslim yada yada

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You mean the conservative media that were obsessed with the birther nonsense and that Obama was a muslim? that conservative media?

I'm not opening that chestnut here. But research his upbringing and paternal influence and you'll see where it came from

Why do you keep referring to Barack Obama as 'Barack Hussein Obama'?
    That's his name?
    Don't forget people in the white house and are you being willfully ignorant to what comes out of Trumps mouth?.
    What are people in the white house being ignorant to?

There won't be a Trump 2020 campaign.

Well, looking at the democrat mooted candidates I agree, there won't need to be a campaign, it will be a cakewalk for The Donald.

The media and 'liberals' also constantly call out Trump because he lies constantly, tweets gibberish constantly and in interviews displays a dangerous ignorance of little things like the law and oh I dunno, the constitution.

Trump will whip anyone he comes up against. Unstoppable.

He cant even fire people to their face. Tough guy me hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I'm not opening that chestnut here. But research his upbringing and paternal influence and you'll see where it came from

That's his name?

Well, looking at the democrat mooted candidates I agree, there won't need to be a campaign, it will be a cakewalk for The Donald.

Excuse me if you didn't understand the second bolded part.

People in his own administration are bad mouthing him. Calling him an idiot and a moron.

Again , there won't be a Trump 2020 campaign. The GOP knows what coming, the Democrats know whats coming and Trump knows whats coming.The people who proudly have Trump stickers on their cars can stick their fingers in their ears all they want but the complete desolation of Donald Trump is getting nearer and nearer.

Remember to wash your fingers, earwax is mank.

He cant even fire people to their face. Tough guy me hole.

what else would you expect from cadet Bone Spurs.

That's his name?

Excuse me if you didn't understand the second bolded part.

People in his own administration are bad mouthing him. Calling him an idiot and a moron.

Again , there won't be a Trump 2020 campaign. The GOP knows what coming, the Democrats know whats coming and Trump knows whats coming.The people who proudly have Trump stickers on their cars can stick their fingers in their ears all they want but the complete desolation of Donald Trump is getting nearer and nearer.

Remember to wash your fingers, earwax is mank.
    They can insult him all they want. He made it to the very top of the ladder in American life, period. And they all doubted him, said it was impossible, laughed when he said he would run for President and look at what happened. I don't know what it says about all these political genius candidates and commentators in the US who insult Trump and yet he whipped all of them when it counted, at the ballot box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

The dems don't appear to have any useful candidates i can't see anything but a 2nd Trump term unless the dems can somehow pluck a strong candidate from somewhere which unfortunately for them doesn't appear to be the case.

Advertisement