Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Sonics2k wrote: »

Thanks but there are no references on that list. Can you give me something verifiable, with references?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

That's one of the best examples of sealioning that I have ever seen.

How so? I asked a poster two days ago to furnish me with one, just one example of Trump telling a lie. Said poster has not bothered to do so. Other posters have skirted around the issue.

Ill ask you mcmoustache, can you show me an example of Trump telling a lie that I can verify. I dont see how that is sealioning, I have never stated that he is 100% honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Thanks but there are no references on that list. Can you give me something verifiable, with references?

Yes, there is. You just need to click on each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Eh, all those falsehoods are linked. Can you please show us something listed on there as false, that you believe is true? Can you give us some references for you assertion, please?

Here's another list of Trump lies; http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How so? I asked a poster two days ago to furnish me with one, just one example of Trump telling a lie. Said poster has not bothered to do so. Other posters have skirted around the issue.

Ill ask you mcmoustache, can you show me an example of Trump telling a lie that I can verify. I dont see how that is sealioning, I have never stated that he is 100% honest.

Here's 3 for you.

Trump clearly lied when he said in April that “millions and millions” of people, in “many places, like California,” illegally vote more than once in the same election. There is no basis whatsoever for this claim.

Trump clearly lied when he said in March that Conor Lamb, the Democratic candidate in a House race in Pennsylvania, had proclaimed, “I love the tax cuts.” In fact, Lamb had campaigned against these Trump tax cuts.

Trump clearly lied when he said in July that he got a “call from the head of the Boy Scouts” to praise his controversial speech to a scout event. As the White House was later forced to admit, there was no phone call at all.

Now lets see you refute those lies, by the way there are literally THOUSANDS more that can be posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's like that birther guy here - he'll add hussein to Barak Obama's name but scuttles away when challenged because he hasn't the balls to defend his position outside his safe spaces elsewhere on the internet.
    I'll assume that's addressed at me.
    Two things:
    1. What the hell is a "birther"
    2. I don't "scuttle away" from anything, some of us have you know jobs to do. It's difficult to debate when the other side are allowed call you "moron" "cnut" "troll" etc and I'm not allowed insult you or I get moderated. So why bother responding to 10 posts calling me or those of same point of view the following statements from the last page of this thread only :"cnut".." it's only edgy children and trolls defending him".."one would either have to be a troll or a moron"..."these cnuts who got behind Trump"

Imagine for one second that those labels and adjectives were being applied to a point that you supported. Would you abrogate from responding to the mouthbreathers that can't come up with a rational response and resort to a circle of patting each other on the back because "oh look at the stupid trump supporting morons". There's no point engaging with those type of people. It's like playing chess with a pigeon (or group of pigeons in this instance)... you can win with no worries but the pigeon will still knock over the pieces , sh1t on the board and strut around like he won./

Have you guys learned nothing? This is exactly what Hillary did before the election with the deplorables comment. One which distracted from Trump's - shall we say - very non-PC mockery of a disabled person - and arguably cost Hillary the election.

If you want Trump to be re-elected then carry on doing exactly what you're doing. Because when I pause my aggro for a second, take a step back, and realise that in America people like you and your ilk are doing the exact same thing. Except over there, they are doing it to people who have a vote and will vote Trump again.

It must be close to the end now, the author of the op-ed knows full well the strong chances of them being found out, whats in it for him/her? they just wanna be in the newly forming, "we did it for the greater good" camp.
    He won't be coming here, not as POTUS anyway, I'll give him a fortnight, his resignation speech will be epic better than anything we've seen yet.
    €50 for charity bet on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

ELM327 wrote: »
    Two things:
    2. I don't "scuttle away" from anything, some of us have you know jobs to do. It's difficult to debate when the other side are allowed call you "moron" "cnut" "troll" etc and I'm not allowed insult you or I get moderated. So why bother responding to 10 posts calling me or those of same point of view the following statements from the last page of this thread only :"cnut".." it's only edgy children and trolls defending him".."one would either have to be a troll or a moron"..."these cnuts who got behind Trump"

Imagine for one second that those labels and adjectives were being applied to a point that you supported. Would you abrogate from responding to the mouthbreathers that can't come up with a rational response and resort to a circle of patting each other on the back because "oh look at the stupid trump supporting morons". There's no point engaging with those type of people. It's like playing chess with a pigeon (or group of pigeons in this instance)... you can win with no worries but the pigeon will still knock over the pieces , sh1t on the board and strut around like he won./

Totally ignore s the point at hand and makes the whole thing about him being a victim of name calling...call me whatever you want I'll be fine but make it as part of an argument.

I don't understand why you've quoted and underlined parts of my post without comment.

The last sentence was addressed to qwerty ui op who stated he gave trump 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Two things:

You expect us to believe that you dont know what a birther is? You must think we are morons.

I don't understand why you've quoted and underlined parts of my post without comment.

The last sentence was addressed to qwerty ui op who stated he gave trump 2 weeks.

Fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

If you want Trump to be re-elected then carry on doing exactly what you're doing.

Yeah this makes perfect sense on an Irish forum alright.

You expect us to believe that you dont know what a birther is? You must think we are morons.
    I'm not responding the bait at the end there, don't want any further moderating activity.

Genuinely I had never heard the term "birther" before. I assumed it meant pro-life.
    I've looked it up (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/birther) and can see it's related to Barack's eligibility for presidency. I've not ever said he was ineligible for presidency. He was born a citizen and as per the constitution he meets the requirements.

You'll never find one post from me here or anywhere claiming he was not eligible by birth to be president.

dav3 wrote: »
    Yeah this makes perfect sense on an Irish forum alright.
    I see you managed to completely ignore the next sentence from the cut out of context reference to my post.
    I've copied the rest here to alleviate your confusion

If you want Trump to be re-elected then carry on doing exactly what you're doing. Because when I pause my aggro for a second, take a step back, and realise that in America people like you and your ilk are doing the exact same thing. Except over there, they are doing it to people who have a vote and will vote Trump again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I'm not responding the bait at the end there, don't want any further moderating activity.

Genuinely I had never heard the term "birther" before. I assumed it meant pro-life.
    I've looked it up (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/birther) and can see it's related to Barack's eligibility for presidency. I've not ever said he was ineligible for presidency. He was born a citizen and as per the constitution he meets the requirements.

You'll never find one post from me here or anywhere claiming he was not eligible by birth to be president.

So your a guy with trump stickers on your car, a fan of his cult of personality. Yet you've never heard of the birther conspiracy.

Its quite transparent your playing dumb.

So your a guy with trump stickers on your car, a fan of his cult of personality. Yet you've never heard of the birther conspiracy.

Its quite transparent your playing dumb.
    Heard of the conspiracy, just not that name.
    Perhaps it's a term only used by left wing or anti trump posters.

Heard of the conspiracy, just not that name.
    Perhaps it's a term only used by left wing or anti trump posters.

So you've heard about it, but due to your limited knowledge on the conspiracy you think it's a term only used by left wing or anti trump posters:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I see you managed to completely ignore the next sentence from the cut out of context reference to my post.
    I've copied the rest here to alleviate your confusion

I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you. You're not the first person to forget they're posting on an Irish forum.

Are there really people out there upset that thousands of Irish people will turn out to protest against an idiotic, human tangerine with tiny hands?

We have no control over US elections. We'll keep doing exactly what we're doing.

So you've heard about it, but due to your limited knowledge on the conspiracy you think it's a term only used by left wing or anti trump posters:pac:
    Are you done with your attempt to take the high ground or can we actually have a serious discussion without name calling or insults, direct or implied?

Are you done with your attempt to take the high ground or can we actually have a serious discussion without name calling or insults, direct or implied?

What insults?, you admitted to not having much knowledge on the birther conspiracy , that's why I said 'Limited' .

Yet you where calling Obama, Barack 'Hussein' Obama yesterday. So pretty obvious your not as ignorant as you claim to be.

Though I'm being trying to take you at face value , so you don't know much about the birther conspiracy, but apparently due to your limited knowledge you've made a guess that that 'left wing' 'or anti trump' ( or just humans with decency and a solid set of morals) call it the birther conspiracy and thats the reason you don't know much about it.

What insults?, you admitted to not having much knowledge on the birther conspiracy , that's why I said 'Limited' .

Yet you where calling Obama, Barack 'Hussein' Obama yesterday. So pretty obvious your not as ignorant as you claim to be.

Though I'm being trying to take you at face value , so you don't know much about the birther conspiracy, but apparently due to your limited knowledge you've made a guess that that 'left wing' 'or anti trump' ( or just humans with decency and a solid set of morals) call it the birther conspiracy.
    Uh oh, you nearly made it a whole post without insults. Try again.

• Advertisement

How is that an insult to you? You dont call it the birther conspiracy. Until today you didnt even know what the word meant.

Nope, try again.

The reality is , that Trump has clearly no decency or a set of morals.

Of course what is really odd about Elm327 claiming he did not know about birtherism is that the biggest proponent of the conspiracy theory is Donald Trump, who they claim to admire very much. It just doesnt pass the sniff test.

How is that an insult to you? You dont call it the birther conspiracy. Until today you didnt even know what the word meant.
    Humans with decency and morals call it the birther conspiracy.
    As that is not me as I did not call it the birther conspiracy it is an implied insult that I do not have decency or morals

Of course what is really odd about Elm327 claiming he did not know about birtherism is that the biggest proponent of the conspiracy theory is Donald Trump, who they claim to admire very much. It just doesnt pass the sniff test.
    For the second time, I was aware of the conspiracy just not the name
    Comeon now, it's not that hard for you surely.

As that is not me as I did not call it the birther conspiracy it is an implied insult that I do not have decency or morals

But you claim never to have heard of the term so how does this apply to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hold up. Wait.

Let's just establish this. You've heard of the birther conspiracy, the alleged claim made by Trump and others, that Obama was not born (birthed) in the USA.

However, you had no idea it was named as the birther conspiracy?

You used the term 'anti trump'. Trump is a person with no decency or morals. Unless your completely ignorant to what he does, what he says and the policies he in-acts. I'm guessing your not as ignorant as that and like his character. Championing the birther , Trump spits on intelligence, reason and logic.

What does that say about you?

That s all irrelevant really what I'm more interested in is why you think some of the most intelligent and capable minds in psychology/literature/art/politics/and industry think that Trump has told wait for it 1000's of lies since he started his white house Journey plus these lies have been verified on fact check and you re still looking for 'sources' and 'proof'. Does your loyalty to him make you suddenly discredit all those people. How do you square the 2 positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Here's a handy one where he makes a statement of fact that can be verified rather easily. The link includes a video of him actually saying it too, in case you planned on calling it fake news.
    "U.S. Steel just announced that they are building six new steel mills," Trump said July 31 in Tampa. "And that number is soon going to be lifted, but I'm not allowed to say that, so I won't."

There's around 200 of them available here.

Advertisement