Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PenguinEggs

A new member with 15 posts :D

Piss on my chips why don't you?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How do you short stocks? Or bitcoin?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Short a crypto stock, Bitcoin going down, down, down, might not rise again until the run up to the next ETF decision https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/07/26/business/26reuters-bitcoin-etf.html

U.S. Global Investors, Inc.
    NASDAQ: GROW
    1.98 USD −0.12 (5.71%)
    It could drop a good whack today when the market opens.

Sitting on the sidelines for the day, haven't time to partake.

Thanks but I'm not really that educated on stock markets yet to really understand that aspect of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Pussyhands wrote: »
    How do you short stocks? Or bitcoin?

You put in a sell order instead of buy, you can't have an open position when your shorting you'll only end up selling your own shares.
    Plenty of crypto stocks out there, Hut8, Hive etc. You could go as far as putting Nvidia in with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I would have suggested atlassian and was looking to get in myself, however it looks like i missed the boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Motley Fool tip - DocuSign (DOCO Nasdaq $55.51)
    Biggest player in the e-sig space with competition from Adobe

e-sig is a growth market 2016 $662m 2022 estimate $3.2b

I'm looking at tech related stocks as I'd work in the field and have a slight idea on how good some of the products are.

Docusign seems good, but I'm not sure I see it hitting really big numbers to be honest. They went public and have been steadily rising, plus with GDPR going live, there's a shít tonne of documentation flying around now meaning the product is getting great use but I'd be cautious of buying still.

Anybody here using sharewise.com for reviewing of stocks, seems to have a simple enough UI.

Interesting that they seem to think PaloAlto is overpriced at the moment, I was looking to invest a bit more into them but might look to hold off in case it dips in Q3/Q4

You put in a sell order instead of buy, you can't have an open position when your shorting you'll only end up selling your own shares.
    Plenty of crypto stocks out there, Hut8, Hive etc. You could go as far as putting Nvidia in with them.

Thanks a mill - first 4;30 mins explains it pretty weel actually. He says you can only short 'high' caps though - is that a defined regulatory term? Is there a threshold like?
    Also - seems I can't go short on GROW? They're a US company?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Thanks a mill - first 4;30 mins explains it pretty weel actually. He says you can only short 'high' caps though - is that a defined regulatory term? Is there a threshold like?
    Also - seems I can't go short on GROW? They're a US company?

Only listened to the first minute so if this is explained better later in the video, then please do pardon me - by High caps he probably refers to Large Caps.
    Definitions on precisely what determines a large cap or small cap vary to some degree but by and large, anyone referring to a list of US large caps is going to have broadly the same list of companies - similarly the case in the UK and elsewhere.
    He also mentions you can't short US stocks on the platform, but you can short the CFD - technically a CFD is a bet on the price changing so if you're shorting using a CFD as he described, your CFD contract is really a bet that the price will be lesser than when you struck the contract.

Intel shares down 8%.

Anything I touch drops. Hhaa luckily only a 100 quid in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Twitter down 19%, will take a punt on that

• Advertisement

Intel shares down 8%.

Anything I touch drops. Hhaa luckily only a 100 quid in it.
    Popped your cherry so. At least you're not in Hive Blockchain Technologies...or are you?

Popped your cherry so. At least you're not in Hive Blockchain Technologies...or are you?

No :D

What are they about? Anyone get stung here?

I am in crypto though and I put 1k in at an ATH so that's pretty much lost...70% down.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Any views on Ten Cent? Holding a few share but was thinking of increasing.

Anyone thoughts on Xiaomi?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone thoughts on Xiaomi?
    I have them on my watchlist and often wonder if Im missing out on a new Apple not jumping in, hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Any thoughts on Symantec?

Took a large dip in May but have been steady since, wouldn't be surprised to see them go up a tad, $20 per share is tempting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Apocalypse2018

I wanted to buy CD-Project Red shares in January, didn't have money as I just started to work. They have doubled up since. I think there is huge potential there.

I wanted to buy CD-Project Red shares in January, didn't have money as I just started to work. They have doubled up since. I think there is huge potential there.

Is there anything to drive up the stock between now and the release of cyberpunk.
    I must look more into it, looks like a good call.

Thargor wrote: »
    I have them on my watchlist and often wonder if Im missing out on a new Apple not jumping in, hard to know.

The old apple is probably good for 10% in the short term from now. Is it the country's 3rd most popular phone brand now?

• Advertisement

Yea wow. Up over 100%, since October.
    50 euro a show at the moment.
    Fees for Polish shares pretty high on degiro.

In fact, looking at Take-Two Interactive (Red Dead Redemption, GTA), Square Enix (Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Final Fantasy), Ubisoft etc - any such thing as a software developer fund?

EVR Holdings @ 9.525 currently will be holding on to this one for a long while until it *hopefully* bounces back up a bit. DeGiro fees means cutting my losses on this isn't as easy as expected, I'd like to sell 50% of them at 13p and hope it rises well above 18p to break even and even then you'd have shelled out roughly €12 on the transactions.

Alternative is hold on to it as a long bet as there's not much else to lose on it and it was a punt to begin with.

Went in on Square Enix there. Frankfurt Exchange. Couple of blockbusters this side of Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Went in on Square Enix there. Frankfurt Exchange. Couple of blockbusters this side of Xmas.

What's coming?

Any sign FF7?

That's the golden egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Quick look on Wiki brings up the following upcoming titles:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider | Sep 14, 2018
    Life Is Strange 2 | Sep 27, 2018
    The World Ends with You: Final Remix | Sep 27, 2018
    Just Cause 4 | Dec 4, 2018
    Left Alive | 2018
    Starwing Paradox | 2018
    Dragon Quest Builders 2 | 2018

Kingdom Hearts III | January 25, 2019
    Babylon's Fall | 2019
    Battalion 1944 | 2019

Final Fantasy VII Remake | TBA
    Project Prelude Rune | TBA
    Romancing SaGa 3 | TBA
    The Avengers Project | TBA
    AAA Shooter | TBA
    The Quiet Man | TBA

Some serious euro % movements on the calls, puts and shorts on Tesla with Degiro.
    Earnings on the 1st. Anyone jumping in?

Some serious euro % movements on the calls, puts and shorts on Tesla with Degiro.
    Earnings on the 1st. Anyone jumping in?
    Go short on it?

Go short on it?

The trend is your friend:)

Do you know what this is..?

Screenshot_20180730-193752.png

I don't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I don't