Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    When Apple still grows in November.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Anyone thinking about the implications of Amazon moving into the health space?
    First fulfill prescriptions and delivery to your door; then just produce a few generic medications/medical devices themselves! There's rich pickings to be had considering the margins which pharma/medical device companies enjoy.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/06/28/amazon-pillpack-pharmacy-acquisition-cvs-walgreens-walmart/741209002/

It could well go the way of Standard Oil and AT&T which were near-monopolies and were broken up and spun off into separate companies themselves. Many of which eventually re-merged anyway. So you'd get Amazon Health, Amazon Prime etc etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_the_Bell_System

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PenguinEggs

Skelet0n wrote: »
    $EKSO has crazy upside potential at the moment.

Thanks - got in and out yesterday and made 12%. If it dips early after opening might jump in again

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Blizzard - Hovering around a 2 month low.

They have a new version of their most successful game (WOW) coming out Monday night - Initial reviews look positive. Can see this doing well over the next few weeks. Long term I'm not sold on Blizzard, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Gonna tip $VKTX again here, ER was yesterday, on track for an incredible Q4. And it's trading close to $10 which is a steal.

Set it and forget it, check back in Jan 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

What do we think of ires reit. Low enough p/e and only way is up for Irish property (apparently, reliving some ptsd from last time that was said). I am cautious though as I just bought a house and with brexit looming I don't want to be over exposed to the Irish property market. Might be worth a small position though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mhoram

Yea wow. Up over 100%, since October.
    50 euro a show at the moment.
    Fees for Polish shares pretty high on degiro.

In fact, looking at Take-Two Interactive (Red Dead Redemption, GTA), Square Enix (Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Final Fantasy), Ubisoft etc - any such thing as a software developer fund?

I sold 3/4 of my position last week to take some profit, I'll buy them back if they drop under 190 zlotys but they don't seem to be slowing down. It's curious as they've no new games out and they have basically put their Gwent CCG spin off into redevelopment for the last six months (still playable). I'll wait until Q2 earnings and make a call then.

Of course it could just be that they are perceived as undervalued as a games company, they will definitely deliver the goods with Cyberpunk too so that'd be a great time to hold until.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Bayer ( BAYN ) bought Monsanto/ Roundup lately, they know what they're at- around a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

gctest50 wrote: »
    Bayer ( BAYN ) bought Monsanto/ Roundup lately, they know what they're at- around a long time

And one guy who claims Roundup gave him cancer just got awarded 250 million by the courts with thousands of similar cases on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Thargor wrote: »
    gctest50 wrote: »
    Bayer ( BAYN )   bought Monsanto/ Roundup lately, they know what they're at- around a long time

And one guy who claims Roundup gave him cancer just got awarded 250 million by the courts with thousands of similar cases on the way.
    Ground breaking case I hope they get cleaned out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Johnsons baby powder was ruled to cause cancer as well, still for sale here.https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255295449

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Thanks for that, ill avoid it in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Anyone have thoughts on FDN? They have close links to Hulu, an online streaming company which I'm interested in, but Hulu themselves aren't on the market.

I think theres alot of growth to be had with Hulu in the streaming sector but Netflix are currently taking all the limelight. FDN shares have grown nicely in the last 5 years (in my very very limited opinion).

Do Degiro charge alot with EFTs?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

What's going on with GALT? Made the plunge near the peak a few weeks ago and lost a packet since. Still on way down..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

What's going on with GALT? Made the plunge near the peak a few weeks ago and lost a packet since. Still on way down..

The problem doesn't seem to be bad news, just no news!
    Hit about 9.50 and been red a lot of days since.
    ER tomorrow might bring some update.

Didn't realise Sonos had an IPO, got it as one of the trade ideas this morning...here's the blurb..

This week, Holly the Trade Ideas I.A. engine brings a new issue to our attention. A new issue is a stock that just recently went public. There are very few fundamentals to go by with a new issue stock and Trade Ideas Holly has noticed something in the price action of Sonos Inc. (SONOS) that has also caught our eye. In addition to completing a “bar reversal” on the daily chart, SONO was showing good relative strength Friday with buyers as the other market indexes were selling off that same day.

SONO is a low float stock with only 5 million shares in circulation and therefore it should continue to trade in a volatile manner, so consider using a smaller share size than you normally would for a swing trade idea.

The Trade of the Week in SONO is not considered live until a trade of 18.61 this week. The suggested stop will be under the low of last Thursday at 16.50. The suggested target will be just below recent highs at 23.00. So risking roughly 2 dollars to make roughly 4.5 dollars is the idea for this Holly generated swing idea at Trade Ideas.

Happy investing!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

D'Agger wrote: »
    EVR Holdings @ 9.525 currently will be holding on to this one for a long while until it *hopefully* bounces back up a bit. DeGiro fees means cutting my losses on this isn't as easy as expected, I'd like to sell 50% of them at 13p and hope it rises well above 18p to break even and even then you'd have shelled out roughly €12 on the transactions.

Alternative is hold on to it as a long bet as there's not much else to lose on it and it was a punt to begin with.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/202951/evr-holdings-strikes-virtual-reality-content-agreement-with-alexandra-palace-202951.html

But it's down 18% on the day:mad::confused:???!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What's going on with Pilbarra?

beertons wrote: »
    What's going on with Pilbarra?
    General pessimism about oversupply in the lithium sector but its way overdone, Morgan Stanley started this a while back with that report then a few weeks later it emerged they'd become a major holder in Galaxy Minerals. I have more funds waiting to go when it turns.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

. I have more funds waiting to go when it turns.

You're selling up, or buying more?

• Advertisement

Buying more PLS, nothing major I just think its a good place to park some cash for the next year or so.

A Vice stock to watch Seedo teaming up with CNBX
    Cannabics Pharmaceuticals Partners with Eroll Grow Tech to Create First Auto-Grow Device for Medical Cannabis https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cannabics-pharmaceuticals-partners-eroll-grow-130000483.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Is everyone jumping on Ryanair stocks while the talks are going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I was definitely considering it, would hope the talks go well but they absolutely shot themselves in the foot by recognising trade unions the last time. The floodgates are well & truly open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Chacha97

Not sure if this is the right place but was wondering if anyone knows of a good online broker for trading pennystocks like US Bio stocks? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Yeah. Snapped up a little bit at €13 during the week and am watching carefully from the sidelines for clues as to my next move.

Even a very positive outcome to talks won't see the SP going back to €17 level though, so upside might be modest enough

Xiaomi just heading south since they listed:

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/1810?countrycode=hk

I nearly piled in there, thought they were easy money but I never moved the cash to Degiro, anyone looking at them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Chacha97 wrote: »
    Anybody think nvidia is a good play to get in now or do people think it might drop a bit? Earnings in 2 weeks I think

I don't know about graphics cards but I presume this is supposed to mean it's great ...or something

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/17/17723182/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-specs-leak-rumors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Xiaomi just heading south since they listed:

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/1810?countrycode=hk

I nearly piled in there, thought they were easy money but I never moved the cash to Degiro, anyone looking at them?
    Saved them to favourites on DeGiro but haven't really been looking that much lately, I'm not seeing any data for them on Hong Kong exchange - is that the same for yourself?

Would have thought they'd be worth a punt also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I don't know about graphics cards but I presume this is supposed to mean it's great ...or something

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/17/17723182/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-specs-leak-rumors

I see a bright future for Nvidia, I can see them as a leading force in tech for a long time.

Advertisement