Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

You called?
    ScumbagSteve.jpg

Canopy growth corp
    Aphria
    MPX (5cb in Europe)
    Everything is down for the summer same as last summer.

Sarcasm or real? Hhaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Sarcasm or real? Hhaa

October 17th is lift off .
    Very real

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

October 17th is lift off .
    Very real

The good thing about weed shares is they like to get high.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Still liking Disney to stomp home this year, up nicely since I called it a while back, it's got more to give but still a little volitile until things calm down. https://www.investopedia.com/news/disney-stock-could-hit-150-after-3year-triangle-breakout/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Ryanair taking another dive. I'll be buying some more.

• Advertisement

Anyone got any good picks for AR or VR companies?

Talking potential gamechangers in a few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

I took a little punt on EVR holdings a couple of months ago based on a tip here. Down a wee bit. But involved with Facebook I believe and what they do is kinda cool. Vr recording of concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Anyone got any good picks for AR or VR companies?

Talking potential gamechangers in a few years?

Don't see it being game changing until 4k is available. Until then it's a bit clunky. Not to mention you already need a super computer with 4k still years away.

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Don't see it being game changing until 4k is available. Until then it's a bit clunky. Not to mention you already need a super computer with 4k still years away.

Yes but gates, Cuban etc all said they'd study ai if they could go back in time. You'd expect it explode in a few years like Facebook and Twitter and the likes did.

I'm talking about any young companies with small share price that could be top 500 in 5 years or so.

I'm talking about any young companies with small share price that could be top 500 in 5 years or so.

Think your looking at it wrong, why not pick successful companies now who should grow stronger over the next 5 years. The share price doesn't matter it's your ROCI that matters.

I love penny stocks but their in and out plays preferable in the same day, certainly not stocks for pussyhands starting off.

You want to snooze, Microsoft, Intel, Coca Cola, Disney etc on a long enough time scale they always rise.

• Advertisement

Think your looking at it wrong, why not pick successful companies now who should grow stronger over the next 5 years. The share price doesn't matter it's your ROCI that matters.

I love penny stocks but their in and out plays preferable in the same day, certainly not stocks for pussyhands starting off.

You want to snooze, Microsoft, Intel, Coca Cola, Disney etc on a long enough time scale they always rise.

What about a diverse portfolio with a small holding on penny stocks?

How much money are you thinking of putting in to degiro? Hundreds or multiple thousands?

How much money are you thinking of putting in to degiro? Hundreds or multiple thousands?

Long term thousands. Short term hundreds.

Long term thousands. Short term hundreds.
    Maybe start of then with 30/40% in some magic beans (Hive, Providence Resources, I like Botswana Diamonds too) for the hobby/thrill factor and bang the rest in a blue chip as Drunken monkey says. Good timing
    to buy a couple of Ryanair shares perhaps?

Here's a penny stock for you, It's average volume is 50k, over 3.5 million shares moved today on takeover news, not sure if it'll go more tomorrow but returned 150% today. I know nothing about bio-tech so not for me.
    https://www.nasdaq.com/article/txcell-stock-surges-on-deal-to-be-bought-by-usbased-sangamo-20180723-00143
    It hit a high of 9.61 in August 15 so could have a lot more to run.

You need to be so careful with penny stocks, so keep tight stop losses and don't be afraid to take profit an hour after buying it.

TXCELL EURONEXT:​TXCL

Where is Ryanair listed on degiro? I'm clicking on the plc but not showing a price.

What do people think of Ryanair and brexit? Hard brexit might mean difficulties in flying between uk and Ireland.

Where is Ryanair listed on degiro? I'm clicking on the plc but not showing a price.

What do people think of Ryanair and brexit? Hard brexit might mean difficulties in flying between uk and Ireland.

Plenty of other destinations than the UK.

They're listed as Ryanair Holdings PLC (ISIN- RY4C). Current price €14.305

Here's a penny stock for you, It's average volume is 50k, over 3.5 million shares moved today on takeover news, not sure if it'll go more tomorrow but returned 150% today. I know nothing about bio-tech so not for me.
    https://www.nasdaq.com/article/txcell-stock-surges-on-deal-to-be-bought-by-usbased-sangamo-20180723-00143
    It hit a high of 9.61 in August 15 so could have a lot more to run.

You need to be so careful with penny stocks, so keep tight stop losses and don't be afraid to take profit an hour after buying it.

TXCELL EURONEXT:​TXCL

Nah - flattening steady this morning. Ah - Just as well. Broke this month with holidays and saving for a mortgage :)

Hasn't competition heated up for Ryanair also trouble in the camp, I dunno if I'd be catching that knife right now.
    I think Porsche might make a run again before the end of the year sold my shares at the start but it's getting into buy territory. Mission E could see a few shaky bagholders from Tesla. There also a huge shareholder of VW shares if the take off Porsche will rise, VW are putting in a lot of infrastructure in the US and Canada for fast charging points.

Nah - flattening steady this morning. Ah - Just as well. Broke this month with holidays and saving for a mortgage :)

Wise idea, hopefully Uncle Franky comes through with his $5 help with the mortgage.

• Advertisement

Wise idea, hopefully Uncle Franky comes through with his $5 help with the mortgage.

Hive will end up covering the deposit yet! Blind faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 s3ndnudes

I'm not buying into RyanAir myself (purely from a risk management perspective of my own portfolio) but I do think it's at a good price in the E14 range the stock has taken several dips greater than 10% (over short periods- of recent highs) and has never gone below the E14 range in the last 52 weeks.

I also think the valuation (in terms of PE) is pretty attractive (taken from Morningstar) -

Price/Sales: 2.57
    Price/Earnings: 12.26
    Consensus Forward P/E: 13.21
    Price/Book: 3.53

I'm not sure how great the upside is, but i'd imagine in the next few months it'll be bouncing back in the high E15/E16 range. I don't think the downside risk is too high. In terms of the competitive landscape- I think RyanAir is more than capable of holding it's own- great occupancy rates, a low (but increasing) cost base and a good management team (ok the last one is a bit contentious). In any case, even if this provides headwinds in the short-term I do think RyanAir will come out on top in the medium term at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

You want to snooze, Microsoft, Intel, Coca Cola, Disney etc on a long enough time scale they always rise

That's no fun.

s3ndnudes wrote: »
    I'm not buying into RyanAir myself (purely from a risk management perspective of my own portfolio) but I do think it's at a good price in the E14 range the stock has taken several dips greater than 10% (over short periods- of recent highs) and has never gone below the E14 range in the last 52 weeks.

I also think the valuation (in terms of PE) is pretty attractive (taken from Morningstar) -

Price/Sales: 2.57
    Price/Earnings: 12.26
    Consensus Forward P/E: 13.21
    Price/Book: 3.53

I'm not sure how great the upside is, but i'd imagine in the next few months it'll be bouncing back in the high E15/E16 range. I don't think the downside risk is too high. In terms of the competitive landscape- I think RyanAir is more than capable of holding it's own- great occupancy rates, a low (but increasing) cost base and a good management team (ok the last one is a bit contentious). In any case, even if this provides headwinds in the short-term I do think RyanAir will come out on top in the medium term at least.

What's the P/E for the sector?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Ryanair just dipped below 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 s3ndnudes

There goes my strong resistance at E14 :L Be interesting to see how much lower it will go- can't imagine there's a huge amount more downside?

Hive will end up covering the deposit yet! Blind faith.

It's alive today better not mention it in here again though as it's still probably not considered a real company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Any thoughts on Facebook over the last 24 hours? Possibly oversold in after hours ?

I wouldn't be touching it until the dust settles and it finds a base probably best keep clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Any thoughts on Facebook over the last 24 hours? Possibly oversold in after hours ?

I had an FB account once upon a time. Closed it when it was at about $32.
    I remember it went down for a few days after. They missed me that much.
    Fcukers don't miss me anymore.

Advertisement