Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think the proposed sports streaming from FB is going to take off. Sky packages have just gotton too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Bit of a thick question,

I dabble in Crypto and have an e-trade account(not a brokerage account) for work shares.

How/where do most of you buy/sell shares for the likes of Ryan Air?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Degiro

That will do, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sham09

Guys, I want to buy Facebook shares using my Degiro account. When I search for "Facebook" or "FB" in Degiro I am getting multiple options. I presume I should be looking at the main stock traded on the NASDAQ (FB / US30303M1027) - can anyone give me a steer? Cheers!
    noAy18

• Advertisement

sham09 wrote: »
    Guys, I want to buy Facebook shares using my Degiro account. When I search for "Facebook" or "FB" in Degiro I am getting multiple options. I presume I should be looking at the main stock traded on the NASDAQ (FB / US30303M1027) - can anyone give me a steer? Cheers!
    noAy18

Yea think that's the cheapest one to buy on Degiro but steady this could easily test 140 or below over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭crushproof

Took on a few FB shares today after the drop. They're still in a outrageously dominant position so not going anywhere anytime soon. 
    After watching the FANNG stocks go up and up over the past year I've finally jumped in after missing out on the spectacular growth.

Yere mad, anyway each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭crushproof

Yere mad, anyway each to their own.

Tell me about it. It's my play around fund so not too serious. See how it works out over the next few weeks

$140- $160 in the next few weeks, they have issued a warning that revenue is going down while costs are getting higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

looks like I made right decision keeping the MSFT shares - $110 today .. woohhhoo !!

Ha I was going to say it earlier...nice little return in a short time. Disney still ticking away nicely as well.
    Going back into Porsche once the money hits my account hoping to be over €80 by the end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

Ha I was going to say it earlier...nice little return in a short time. Disney still ticking away nicely as well.
    Going back into Porsche once the money hits my account hoping to be over €80 by the end of October.

trying not to be greedy now on when to sell - 120 price target is being predicted now :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dublin2000

Does anyone looking at semi-conductor shares, for example AMD?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

dublin2000 wrote: »
    Does anyone looking at semi-conductor shares, for example AMD?

I'm always looking but I always end up asking where the growth is going to come from to justify the mad valuations and what's stopping them releasing a warning that will cause a 20% drop like Facebook today, I have a few lithium miners and that's all I'm holding at the moment, too nervous for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Thargor wrote: »
    I'm always looking but I always end up asking where the growth is going to come from to justify the mad valuations and what's stopping them releasing a warning that will cause a 20% drop like Facebook today, I have a few lithium miners and that's all I'm holding at the moment, too nervous for everything else.

Data centers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boars

I'm not too concerned about the valuations of FANG stocks- although I do expect some will grow (albeit more slowly) in the coming months/ years.

I'm really happy with my theory that Facebook would meet earnings but future growth estimation would be lower- which will should also level off pricing within the stock in the coming quarters. I expect it will move sideways with volatility, breaching its all time highs pending q3 results.

I expect Amazon will continue with its current trend upwards and I theorize it will enter a hyperbolic state at some point in the future. Its earnings were absolutely ridiculous compared with estimations. I love this company. If there Is a bubble- according to the majority, and it does pop- this is the one company that will be left.

I'm not keen on Netflix and I don't exactly know why. I feel that's its valuations are too high- even after a 12% drop. There is plenty more air between the sky and the ground. I could be wrong but I think the bears have finally taken over. There are plenty of other players entering the game in video content.

Google is entering hyperbolic state. I expect a blowoff top in Q3/ Q4. Not much more to say other than I wouldn't buy or short. I don't know a lot about google to be fair.

In the mean time i'm looking at other stocks outside of the FANG to diversify away from tech heavy.

At the start of the year I bought Amryris- a tiny, but cool looking company which produces non-animal environmentally friendly oils for make up which young female millennials seem to love. Try not to have a heart attack by looking at their ten year chart- but it is now trending upwards and the company is making profit and is beating earnings expectations. Completely different company from ten years ago and I really like it.

I also bought AXON- a company which produces bodycams for cops. I used to be a cop way back In the day and I realised that all of the different police forces tend to buy from the same vendor- needless to say the stock is entering hyperbolic. Plenty more room for growth IMO as every police agency in the USA is loving the whole bodycam tech atm. I'm up 100% from the start of the year- will buy more if dip

I bought oil stocks a few months ago- Abraxas is trending upwards and oil is now increasing in price with the sanctions on Iran, I expect oil will hit $100 per barrel with the US economy also going nuts atm.

I own NVIDA- I feel this stock is so under-priced it's criminal. Every single device that a teenager owns right now with a graphical interface will have something belonging to Nvidia in it.

I've thrown a tiny percentage of my portfolio into IQIYI. It's like Netflix but china. China is a terrible country to invest in because of reasons I wont go into here, but as I said- its a tiny position and a gamble. High Risk/ High reward

I also purchased IWMO two years back. It's an Irish ETF which only owns stocks in trending stocks and gets rid of the ones that don't trend after 6 months. The trend is your friend! It makes up about 50% of my portfolio, my only other ETF is the S&P 500 ETF- which makes up 25% of my portfolio. All of the other above make up the remainder %. I own no FANG.

Other than that, on the Macro America is looking great I see no bubble in the S&P 500. I'm skeptical of the EU. I'm bearish on China. Some Middle eastern countries caught my eye but i'm staying away. Ireland looks good although I don't know a lot about it. Stay away from Japan, Australia, India, South America.

first post on boards after 5 years, hi fellas.

edit grammar*

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PenguinEggs

Motley Fool tip - DocuSign (DOCO Nasdaq $55.51)
    Biggest player in the e-sig space with competition from Adobe

e-sig is a growth market 2016 $662m 2022 estimate $3.2b

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Motley Fool tip - DocuSign (DOCO Nasdaq $55.51)
    Biggest player in the e-sig space with competition from Adobe

e-sig is a growth market 2016 $662m 2022 estimate $3.2b
    Think I'll put €300 into them .

Motely fool are pumpers and dumpers, I'd expect a little rise then a sell off, just day traders pumping will be down before close.

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice a US cash fund now showing in their account, what's that about it looks like my Disney dividend.

Motely fool are pumpers and dumpers, I'd expect a little rise then a sell off, just day traders pumping will be down before close.

Yea didn't bother in the end. Put in an order for 75 Amyris shares, based on little else but the tip above and a cursory google read.

Yea didn't bother in the end. Put in an order for 75 Amyris shares, based on little else but the tip above and a cursory google read.

A new member with 15 posts :D

Went back into Porsche this morning, still got some more to spend....half tempted to short grow and jump out with 5-10% as I can't short hive as still not in the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Anyone else notice a US cash fund now showing in their account, what's that about it looks like my Disney dividend.

Yeah i have had that for a month or so now. Always zero balanced, thinks its for dividend payments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

$PAVM that I tipped a few posts ago just got a SA article for anyone curious.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4190955-pavmed-medical-device-innovator-robust-pipeline

Ya can get it cheaper than the $1.51 I paid too at the moment.

A new member with 15 posts :D

Went back into Porsche this morning, still got some more to spend....half tempted to short grow and jump out with 5-10% as I can't short hive as still not in the green.

Cancelled

Have a few hundred (max 600) to play around with. Woke up this morning intending on buying 4 or 5 Facebook shares...any better advice out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,013 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Went back into Porsche this morning

Your bid must have been higher than mine, I didn't get them yet :D

Have a few hundred (max 600) to play around with. Woke up this morning intending on buying 4 or 5 Facebook shares...any better advice out there?

Short a crypto stock, Bitcoin going down, down, down, might not rise again until the run up to the next ETF decision https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/07/26/business/26reuters-bitcoin-etf.html

U.S. Global Investors, Inc.
    NASDAQ: GROW
    1.98 USD −0.12 (5.71%)
    It could drop a good whack today when the market opens.

Sitting on the sidelines for the day, haven't time to partake.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Your bid must have been higher than mine, I didn't get them yet :D

Made enough off them last year, wasn't going to haggle over a few cent. :)

Advertisement