Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    As in "Nothing to see here ... Move along now!"??

20th Century policing has moved on in most places... Thankfully!

As in "Wait for the court case", or in this case the coroners inquest

As in "Nothing to see here ... Move along now!"??

20th Century policing has moved on in most places... Thankfully!

No, as in, the victim is dead, the offender is dead, there is no criminal case now.
    There is no need to release details to the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

bubblypop wrote: »
    It's not the job of AGS to keep the public updated on their investigations.
    Neither is it their job to quell speculation.
    If gardai need assistance from the public they will make an appeal.

In societies where the police keep the public officially informed and depend on public help in an investigation, press conferences are a crucial piece of the two-way relationship between the policing authorities and the community they serve. Simple as!

What do you think they need help with. .....Im sure they are clued in to this thread to gather all the credible evidence they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

tara73 wrote: »
    I would agree with you if the killer wouldn't be found. But the killer is dead, the victim too, both found.

So in this case, I don't think the public needs information about details because they can't help anymore and they don't need to worry about a killer roaming free or a girl kept somewhere.

Why do you need or expect to know details at this stage?

It's just to keep the nosiness and worse, the sensationalism, satisfied imo.

So the public doesn't need "information about details because they can't help anymore"?

An article from 3 day ago would disagree with you: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jastine-valdez-murder-gardai-search-for-a-series-of-items-including-nike-runners-ipad-and-reading-glasses-36955762.html

That refers to Gardai being " anxious" to speak with some ppl still.

So, unless AGS has made an announcement to the contrary in the meantime, its safe to say that an investigation is still in progress, and AGS is still looking for help.

When AGS announce that the investigation is over, it will then certainly be appropriate to wait for the Coroners inquest for further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

So the public doesn't need "information about details because they can't help anymore"?

An article from 3 day ago would disagree with you: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jastine-valdez-murder-gardai-search-for-a-series-of-items-including-nike-runners-ipad-and-reading-glasses-36955762.html

That refers to Gardai being " anxious" to speak with some ppl still.

So, unless AGS has made an announcement to the contrary in the meantime, its safe to say that an investigation is still in progress, and AGS is still looking for help.

When AGS announce that the investigation is over, it will then certainly be appropriate to wait for the Coroners inquest for further information.

do you notice anything? you sneakily try to switch your subjects now.

you were moaning why AGS doesn't inform the public about details of the case or their progress.

big difference to the subject that AGS still looking for some missing pieces like the tablet and asked the public here for help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

What do you think they need help with. .....Im sure they are clued in to this thread to gather all the credible evidence they need.

As of right now? All this I presume:

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/press-releases/2018/may/appeal-murder-investigation-jastine-valdez.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yes, but they have already requested all this?

I am confused, what exactly extra do you want them to be asking at this junction?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

As in "Wait for the court case", or in this case the coroners inquest

Absolutely. Big difference between what the public are interested in knowing and what is in the public interest to be known.

Correct me if wrong, Bray people, but I believe Jastine worked in the restaurant by the Civic Centre. Think it's called Koi. Put to bed the frankly stupid rumours of MH falling in love with her over the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Random abduction seems most likely for me anyway. If you wanted to grab a particular person getting off a bus in Enniskerry, why would you be in Ballybrack just 30mins before? It doesn't make sense for that to be planned, you'd think he'd have started in Bray, watch her get on the bus etc. Nothing about this to me suggests he targeted this specific woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Hannibal Lecter: He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? No. We begin by coveting what we see every day.

My initial thoughts on this was that he was maybe served by Jastine who probably gave him a polite smile while serving him, shot the breeze maybe, and then he became obsessed from afar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Correct me if wrong, Bray people, but I believe Jastine worked in the restaurant by the Civic Centre. Think it's called Koi. Put to bed the frankly stupid rumours of MH falling in love with her over the bar.

No, that's not the "rumour."
    She worked somewhere else doing something else.

I don't know why the information hasn't been publicly released.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

ellejay wrote: »

Spill the beans on the rumours

ellejay wrote: »

Eh?

It is speculated in this thread that she was a barmaid.
    She wasn't.

What rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Conor1974

Eh?

She wasn't.

What rumour?

✋🀚

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Eh?

She wasn't.

What rumour?

We are probably better off not knowing. I have a feeling it is something ridiculous.

Jastines remains arrived in Phillipines today.
    https://extra.ie/2018/06/01/news/irish-news/jastine-valdezs-remains-arrive-philippines

This is a lovely picture. Very sad.
    LNW1Tfy.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Suckit wrote: »
    We are probably better off not knowing. I have a feeling it is something ridiculous.

https://extra.ie/2018/06/01/news/irish-news/jastine-valdezs-remains-arrive-philippines

LNW1Tfy.jpg?1

That pic was released by her parents yesterday. I have to admit I get a lump in my throat every time I see a photo of her, especially this one. She was a beautiful angel.

Eh?

She wasn't.

What rumour?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/detectives-search-for-any-link-between-killer-and-his-victim-470992.html

alright, so in this article they wrote: it is reported that she worked in a restaurant in Enniskerry or Bray. Guards are firming it up.

So that's true, it's not confirmed, it's just a rumour.

But how are you so completely sure she wasn't? Do you have special information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

ifElseThen wrote: »
    Hannibal Lecter: He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? No. We begin by coveting what we see every day.

My initial thoughts on this was that he was maybe served by Jastine who probably gave him a polite smile while serving him, shot the breeze maybe, and then he became obsessed from afar.

FFS. Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/detectives-search-for-any-link-between-killer-and-his-victim-470992.html

alright, so in this article they wrote: it is reported that she worked in a restaurant in Enniskerry or Bray. Guards are firming it up.

So that's true, it's not confirmed, it's just a rumour.

But how are you so completely sure she wasn't? Do you have special information?

Yes. She was a waitress. News reports at the time were confirming this. No special information, the same information that everyone had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

Suckit wrote: »

LNW1Tfy.jpg?1

This photo choked me up. It is very sad... RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

There before the grace of God go I. Could have been anyone of our us, our family, friends, neighbours or children, God bless you Jastine, I pray you're at peace now.

Yes. She was a waitress. News reports at the time were confirming this. No special information, the same information that everyone had.

Jesus, so why you then said one post before she wasn't?

just not worth to engage with some people..

She was a Waitress, not a Barmaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is it all that hard to believe? He was obviously a nutjob.

Is a fictional movie about a highly educated serial killer transposed onto something random that happened in Bray hard to believe???

Yes, and to do it is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Lovely article about Jastine today in the Irish Times from their reporter in the Philippines. It's good to hear about her life story and the type of person she was.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/family-remembers-jastine-valdez-she-is-the-sweetest-1.3516654

Barmaid is not waitress.

Read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

The arguing over trivial details in this thread is tiresome. Piece on Jastine is very touching. She seems to have been a wonderful person.

• Advertisement

The arguing over trivial details in this thread is tiresome. Piece on Jastine is very touching. She seems to have been a wonderful person.
    It is not entirely trivial if you are referring to the barmaid/waitress comments.
    It is also not really arguing.

There seems to be a rumour connecting Jastine with MH (I haven't heard it, so couldn't say what it is exactly.), when she was a barmaid. Assuming he frequented the pub that she was a barmaid in.

It was never reported that she was a barmaid, and a restaurant customer frequenting a restaurant would be a lot more noticeable.
    If anything, I would say it is people just trying to help quash the rumours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement