Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit poll: The post referendum thread. No electioneering.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I know this probably won’t be entertained but I’d love if the Mods or Admins might disclose how many (if any) of all those new accounts advocating retaining the 8th were coming from the USA.

No interest in wanting to know usernames or anything, none of them lasted long before being banned, but would be very interested to see how many there were. I strongly suspect a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

So what if they do. Trying to deny the High Court to people now?
    Why not just lock up all the no siders?

Sure why would we do that? They're great craic, like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Its unlikely anyone will bring a case but if they do its their right. Respect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I know this probably won’t be entertained but I’d love if the Mods or Admins might disclose how many (if any) of all those new accounts advocating retaining the 8th were coming from the USA.

No interest in wanting to know usernames or anything, none of them lasted long before being banned, but would be very interested to see how many there were. I strongly suspect a few.

I'd love to know how many were from the same IP address

• Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Its unlikely anyone will bring a case but if they do its their right. Respect it.

you mean i'm not allowed to laugh at them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Dinarius

A great result for a lot of reasons.

But, abortion is a horrible, unfortunate necessity for those who have to make that choice.

I’m finding the tone of the celebrations just on the wrong side of good taste. Maybe I’m wrong to do so.

Time to finish the job with legislation and move on, I think.

D

Could they also do the same for the many new accounts advocating a Yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

hmm can't they respect the will of the people the 66.4% who voted yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

well except it wont necessarily be their own money they. If the court thinks the decision is in the public interest then the government will pay their legal bills.

Happy to see them waste taxpayers money too.

That'll make them even more popular than they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

SusieBlue wrote:

I also would like to know this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

have there been many of them? certainly a lot of new accounts for the No side but most of the accounts for the yes side have been old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

The mods actually had to wade into threads here on After Hours and tell us to stop predicting that new accounts were about to appear, pretend to be on the fence and then post canned prolife crap from about 2.00 pm every weekday.

It was so obvious it was comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I could be (am) biased but I thought the new Yes accounts contributed more towards the debate than the No accounts.

They mostly posted their own stories while the new No accounts were posting rhetoric and the like (before being banned because they weren’t able to debate).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I don’t recall seeing a single new account join Boards simply to discuss Repealing the 8th.

On the other hand, there were a plethora of new accounts advocating Retain, joining and posting at the same times each day.
    First they’d pretend to be undecided but it wouldn’t take long for the mask to slip and the posts with human!!!! Baby!!!! Murderer!!! God!!!! Buzzwords to be thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

well except it wont necessarily be their own money they. If the court thinks the decision is in the public interest then the government will pay their legal bills.

Don't think they will get a hearing, there have been attempts with previous referenda to challenge the results. They won't get a hearing and costs will be awarded against them.

It is for damn certain that no-one will wait for any such case to be decided. The legislation will carry on regardless of nuisance cases.

spookwoman wrote: »
    hmm can't they respect the will of the people the 66.4% who voted yes.

Anyone is free to take a High Court challenge.
    Doesn't mean they will win.
    Its a right in a mature democracy. The kind of mature democracy we used to have.

I don’t recall seeing a single new account join Boards simply to discuss Repealing the 8th.

On the other hand, there were a plethora of new accounts advocating Retain, joining and posting at the same times each day.
    First they’d pretend to be undecided but it wouldn’t take long for the mask to slip and the posts with human!!!! Baby!!!! Murderer!!! God!!!! Buzzwords to be thrown out.

To be fair there were a few.

But they seemed to be genuine posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Dinarius wrote: »
    A great result for a lot of reasons.

But, abortion is a horrible, unfortunate necessity for those who have to make that choice.

I’m finding the tone of the celebrations just on the wrong side of good taste. Maybe I’m wrong to do so.

Time to finish the job with legislation and move on, I think.

D

The celebrations are justified given the people who have suffered and the prevention of suffering of countless others in the years to come.

• Advertisement

Still waiting for a definition of what "social abortion" and "abortion on demand" actually mean

amcalester wrote: »
    To be fair there were a few.

But they seemed to be genuine posters.

Boards.ie has posters from around the world and always had.
    Her post was ridiculous to say the least.

fxotoole wrote: »
    Still waiting for a definition of what "social abortion" and "abortion on demand" actually mean

Abortions that the No campaign don’t approve of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

See first comment

Anyone is free to take a High Court challenge.

As long as they know it isn't usually free.

Of course the No campaign, for what turned out to be a minority view here in Ireland, certainly had no shortage of funds.

If their backers, in whatever country they reside, want to spend a few hundred thousand dollars on Irish lawyers, sure it's all inward investment, right? Boosts the economy.

cena wrote: »
    See first comment

Obvious bot is obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

This one is a local. Looked at my profile and saw I do a bit of photography. Same one was quoting the bible at us

yyMNcxB.png

spookwoman wrote: »
    This one is a local. Looked at my profile and saw I do a bit of photography. Same one was quoting the bible at us

yyMNcxB.png

Maybe she needs new posters made up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Zachem? uzhe znali by, chto vse oni russkiye

Advertisement