Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit poll: The post referendum thread. No electioneering.

Options
  • 25-05-2018 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

This is for people who have already voted in the referendum. How did you vote? I voted yes.

Mod: This thread is little more than a survey about how you voted. Please don't the ins and outs of abortion.

Mod: This is not a reiteration of the previous 8th threads. If you were threadbanned from those, you are not threadbanned here.

How did you vote (if you already have) in the Abortion referendum? 1780 votes

Yes
    0% 1 vote
    No
    99% 1779 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Voted Yes. Easiest vote ever!

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

This is going to turn into a herbal essences ad " yes, yes, YES, YESSS!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I don't know where my polling card is gone

and I don't care either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

and I don't care either
    aren't you wonderful

Voted YES

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

and I don't care either

If you bring ID with you to the polling station you don't need your polling card! I voted YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

This is for people who have already voted in the referendum. How did you vote? I voted yes.

Oh sh1t, I voted in your poll but haven't actually voted yet, sorry for messing up your poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Like someone who voted 'No' is going to risk saying so here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Voted yes.
    My worry is this poll will be skewed by the generally "liberal" leaning of many boards users.
    The RTE exit poll tonight will be interesting especially to compare it's projection with the final tallies.

From discussing the topic with friends/family/colleagues, anyone expressing a no opinion has been conspicuously rare.
    I do worry that many are saying one thing while intending to vote another.
    It's hard to take and a hold a contrary opinion in the age of social media and I fear many may keeping their powder dry and will vote no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

and I don't care either

Aren't you an edgelord.

Voted yes myself. Polling stations were a lot emptier than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Your Face wrote: »

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

They've no problem doing it on all other forums of media. I think Waterford Whispers had a good article addressing your concerns: http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/05/24/were-being-silenced-no-side-confirm-during-1145th-media-appearance/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

JCX BXC wrote: »
    They've no problem doing it on all other forums of media. I think Waterford Whispers had a good article addressing your concerns: http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/05/24/were-being-silenced-no-side-confirm-during-1145th-media-appearance/

This is why ^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

I put an "X" in the box and then put the piece of paper in the big lock box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

I said maybe.....I'll decide over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Let this thread be little more than a survey about how you voted. Please don't let it descend into another thread about abortion. Another thread will be opened tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

banie01 wrote: »
    I do worry that many are saying one thing while intending to vote another. It's hard to take and a hold a contrary opinion in the age of social media and I fear many may keeping their powder dry and will vote no.

That's exactly whats happening the liberal extreme left has a tendancy to shout down and dehumanize anyone that doesn't agree with them as a Nazi or Trump or some other b****x.

Was walking down henry street last week and some yungwan on a loudspeaker had been screaming 14,000 women had been prosecuted for having abortions abroad in the last year, and her harem of beats cackling around her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This is why ^

If a comment like mine stops some from commenting, then I doubt they'd comment on any issues!

When one makes their views public, they are open to criticism. That's not limited to here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I clicked Yes to see the poll, but I can't vote, it would be cool if there would be a third option so see the outcome of the poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

^This is Why

Was a referendum ever so "done to death" by both sides and the media. I can't really remember the divorce referendum.

Am I alone in saying "thankfully polling day has arrived" and can't wait till next week when it is all over?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

Amazingly I can't vote.. I was deleted from the Fingal Register. (their words) just found out yesterday.

Apparently, my parents filled out a form stating that its just the 2 of them living at their address (true) last year. So my name was taken off the Fingal register,, I was not notified of this... , Only when my voting card didn't arrive at my parents house did I check,, quickly tried to sort it out,, but was too late as cards arrived after cut off point of May 8th... lady said in Fingal Co Co there are loads of similar cases.. as you can imagine f**king fuming..

LirW wrote: »
    I clicked Yes to see the poll, but I can't vote, it would be cool if there would be a third option so see the outcome of the poll!

So what you want is a "I spoiled my vote" option?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

I voted No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Nope.

superman28 wrote: »
    Amazingly I can't vote.. I was deleted from the Fingal Register. (their words) just found out yesterday.

Apparently, my parents filled out a form stating that its just the 2 of them living at their address (true) last year. So my name was taken off the Fingal register,, I was not notified of this... , Only when my voting card didn't arrive at my parents house did I check,, quickly tried to sort it out,, but was too late as cards arrived after cut off point of May 8th... lady said in Fingal Co Co there are loads of similar cases.. as you can imagine f**king fuming..

You certainly didn't live up to your username if you didn't check that out weeks/months ago......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A very reluctant yes.

Advertisement