Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit poll: The post referendum thread. No electioneering.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

So the government can now legislate for "Abortion for Convenience" up to 12 weeks?

Mandatory abortions too.

And post birth abortions.

No baby is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Women of Ireland we've done ourselves proud, and to all the gentlemen who voted yes, thank you for caring about us.

I don't see how men voting "no" somehow implies they don't care about women.

Everyone has different opinions on social issues particularly emotive ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Women of Ireland we've done ourselves proud, and to all the gentlemen who voted yes, thank you for caring about us.

As someone on twitter said, "Mnásome"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Trasna1 wrote: »
    So you opened after hours and thought to yourself "I know what this place needs, another thread on the referendum"

The referendum is done and dusted im merely offering my congratulations on the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

wakka12 wrote: »
    Donegal is the only constituent to vote NO of the 39, and it was very close
    YES (48.1%)32,559
    NO (51.9%)35,091
    Overall not bad eh :)

Uh oh, Donegal is the new Roscommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

amcalester wrote: »
    Mandatory abortions too.

No baby is safe.

I got my aborting boots ready in advance! Matching jacket and everything.

Mandatory abortions too.

No baby is safe.

Can they or can't they? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The ****ing thing is finally over and now I have to endure weeks of back slapping and self congratulation.

Back to my cave I go.

Ireland has updated its status to

tumblr_inline_mty7jg7NZw1s7pgbp.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If i was female certainly not to be conceived in China or India.
    In fact I wouldn't like to be conceived/born/live in any country on list A because there would be a reasonable prospect of not being allowed to exist. That's fairly logical don't you think.

I'd choose perhaps the one country where i'd have the best chance of avoiding being aborted, surviving until birth and living a reasonably prosperous life. In other words Ireland as it currently stands.
    So you would prefer to have been born in Somalia than the UK.

Yeah... I definitely believe you and I definitely you believe that too. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I’m dying of cancer and thought I’d be long gone by the time Ireland legalised abortion. Looks like I’ll live to see it! I’m so glad I didn’t die before seeing this seismic change. And the fact that it was so emphatic is the cherry on top. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't see how men voting "no" somehow implies they don't care about women.

Everyone has different opinions on social issues particularly emotive ones.

Some of the nonsense things ppl say, Kay Burly was reading out comments one of which was 'at last equal rights for women'. I didn't know Irish men were allowed to have abortions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Billy I feel neither of us will concede on this and its also a bit repetitive and I hate when that happens on a thread.

I'd ask you and others to read this. Its quite interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion

If you think abortion in some of these countries represents civilisation fair enough. But I disagree.

That's my last post on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

AllForIt wrote: »
    Some of the nonsense things ppl say, Kay Burly was reading out comments one of which was 'at last equal rights for women'. I didn't know Irish men were allowed to have abortions.
    Is there anything in the constitution controlling mens reproductive organs?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

The ****ing thing is finally over and now I have to endure weeks of back slapping and self congratulation.

Back to my cave I go.

Just saw a report on BBC from Dublin Castle..

Some old gob****e with a guitar singing "Don't you know talking about a referendum sounds like a whisper".

If I have to listen to much more of this I will be aborting myself!!

Some old gob****e with a guitar singing "Don't you know talking about a referendum sounds like a whisper".

See, everyone’s pro-choice when it affects themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mandatory abortions too.

No baby is safe.

Actually I’m not even pregnant and I’m planning an abortion. I hear they’re all the rage. Will I pick you up one while I’m there?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I didn't know Irish men were allowed to have abortions.

They have the right to have abortions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy I feel neither of us will concede on this and its also a bit repetitive and I hate when that happens on a thread.

I'd ask you and others to read this. Its quite interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion

If you think abortion in some of these countries represents civilisation fair enough. But I disagree.

That's my last post on the topic.

I'm well aware of that but when the alternative is teenage girls being sent to prison for 30 years for potentially abortion a rape baby (which was also potentially a miscarriage), I know which I would consider the lesser of two evils, and so do 2/3rds of the Irish voting public.

I also know which company I would rather avoid living in on an average between the three lists of countries given, and I suspect almost all would agree. So I guess we'll just have to leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

If i was female certainly not to be conceived in China or India.
    In fact I wouldn't like to be conceived/born/live in any country on list A because there would be a reasonable prospect of not being allowed to exist. That's fairly logical don't you think.

I'd choose perhaps the one country where i'd have the best chance of avoiding being aborted, surviving until birth and living a reasonably prosperous life. In other words Ireland as it currently stands.

You really have to be the most condescending horrible person on this thread. Others are posting fake facts and nonsense but every one of your posts has this pervasive theme of 'every baby is at risk of being aborted'. It really is disgusting. And dont even attempt to deny it, what else would you mean by 'best chance of avoiding being aborted'.

Then you have the audacity to criticise other peoples reactions on here when you are constantly provoking. You seem like a horrible person.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Actually I’m not even pregnant and I’m planning an abortion. I hear they’re all the rage. Will I pick you up one while I’m there?

Get your card stamped.

10th one is free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'm sure everyone can get few more days out the repeal jumpers and t shirts before they start to smell.

Ireland ain't in the world cup this summer so guess got to celebrate something eh!

I'll ask the question again because it appears some don't want to answer it.
    So the government can now legislate for "Abortion for Convenience" up to 12 weeks?

It can or it can't? It will legislate without restrictions to 12 weeks?

That's all I want to know.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Some of the nonsense things ppl say, Kay Burly was reading out comments one of which was 'at last equal rights for women'. I didn't know men were allowed to have abortions.

If men could get pregnant the 8th would never have existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

You really have to be the most condescending horrible person on this thread. Others are posting fake facts and nonsense but every one of your posts has this pervasive theme of 'every baby is at risk of being aborted'. It really is disgusting. And dont even attempt to deny it, what else would you mean by 'best chance of avoiding being aborted'.

Then you have the audacity to criticise other peoples reactions on here when you are constantly provoking. You seem like a horrible person.

And you have to be the most immature. Say hello to my ignore list.

No time for that, I’ve to start the Euthanasia campaign.

Only way to sort the pension timebomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thanks.

there is no mention of "Abortion for Convenience" in the heads of the bill published so probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

I'm sure everyone can get few more days out the repeal jumpers and t shirts before they start to smell.

Ireland ain't in the world cup this summer so guess got to celebrate something eh!

Spoken like a true Morrissey fan. :D

Thanks.

Provision may be made by law for the regulation of termination of pregnancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

If men could get pregnant the 8th would never have existed.

This may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sheeps wrote: »
    This may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Be prepared to be amazed it's only starting!

Advertisement